+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time-- Ottawa (CPP-O)-- application of re-entry visa

PKhosla

Apr 18, 2013
imm_leb_01 said:
Guys i have an idea ... Let's all send ottawa the same email today .. telling them that we are a group that sent our application on the week of March 10th and we didn't receive anything while on their site they are saying that they are processing application received March 31st ... I sent the email please do it and confirm here that you sent it ... It is important that you send it today or tomorrow in order for them to notice us ... Anyone agree ?
Their email is CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT @ cic.gc.ca
I emailed them aswell. They receive my application on 12th March but still nothing in hand. This is really unfair that people who are applying after us they are getting there passports back.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Everyone is very stressed on this thread and rightly so as this is a stressfull situation.

So let me try to bring a little smile even if it is for few seconds:

A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: ''Ugh, that's the ugliest baby I've ever seen!'' The woman walks to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: ''The driver just insulted me!'' The man says: ''You go up there and tell him off. Go on, I'll hold your monkey for you.''

Good luck everybody. Fingers crossed!!

Cheers.

shengp

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
pkssandhu said:
Everyone is very stressed on this thread and rightly so as this is a stressfull situation.

So let me try to bring a little smile even if it is for few seconds:

A woman gets on a bus with her baby. The bus driver says: ''Ugh, that's the ugliest baby I've ever seen!'' The woman walks to the rear of the bus and sits down, fuming. She says to a man next to her: ''The driver just insulted me!'' The man says: ''You go up there and tell him off. Go on, I'll hold your monkey for you.''

Good luck everybody. Fingers crossed!!

Cheers.
Nice one :)

fironem82

Apr 25, 2013
Hello,

I see I am not the only one in this painful process ! Good luck for everyone …

I have a question for those of you who already went through this:

I just got a new permit of work so I mailed my application for a new visa.

I used xpresspot and I sent the application to CPP-O PO Box with no signature required (I figured this is a PO Box so who is gonna sign it ? :p might be a mistake).

Anyway, I an tracking online and the status is: " your item is now available for pick-up".

Do you know what does it mean ? is it actually in the PO box? am I going to be notified when the cic agent will pick it up ?

thanks in advance for any help on this one ..

Cheers

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
fironem82 said:
Hello,

I see I am not the only one in this painful process ! Good luck for everyone ...

I have a question for those of you who already went through this:

I just got a new permit of work so I mailed my application for a new visa.

I used xpresspot and I sent the application to CPP-O PO Box with no signature required (I figured this is a PO Box so who is gonna sign it ? :p might be a mistake).

Anyway, I an tracking online and the status is: " your item is now available for pick-up".

Do you know what does it mean ? is it actually in the PO box? am I going to be notified when the cic agent will pick it up ?

thanks in advance for any help on this one ..

Cheers
Nope. PO Box is not monitored by Canada Post as far as I understand. So all the confirmation you can get is pretty much what you see online right now. "Your item is available to pick up".

You will not know when they picked up the mail. However, from past experiences, they usually pick up the mail everyday.

Cheers

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
Good Morning All

Can I please request everyone to update us as soon as possible if you recieve your passport back today? If I do not leave today for my home country, I am afraid it will be too late for me.

Hoping for a last minute miracle.

Thanks

fironem82

Apr 25, 2013
pkssandhu said:
Nope. PO Box is not monitored by Canada Post as far as I understand. So all the confirmation you can get is pretty much what you see online right now. "Your item is available to pick up".

You will not know when they picked up the mail. However, from past experiences, they usually pick up the mail everyday.

Cheers
OK. Thanks for your help. So I will consider it picked up today :D
Cheers

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
fironem82 said:
OK. Thanks for your help. So I will consider it picked up today :D
Cheers
You can also try calling 1-888-242-2100 (CIC call centre) and choose "Application already in process with CIC" and then choose "Visitor" option. The auto attender will give you the date your application was recieved. That way you know for sure that your application is now in queue.

Please note, you will have to enter your client id number and year of birth to get a status update.

shengp

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
pkssandhu said:
Good Morning All

Can I please request everyone to update us as soon as possible if you recieve your passport back today? If I do not leave today for my home country, I am afraid it will be too late for me.

Hoping for a last minute miracle.

Thanks
Are you supposed to leave today? Is it your original flight or rebooked?

shengp

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Anyway got another reply from them on my second email sent on April 20 exactly the same reply as the first one already finalized and will be returned shortly . . . Still waiting for the reply for email sent yesterday

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
shengp said:
Are you supposed to leave today? Is it your original flight or rebooked?
Neither. I did not book a flight. I was going to once I received my passport. However, I have to leave to today if I want to make it back home in time. So if I get lucky and get my passport by 5 this evening, I can still make it. After that, it will be too late I am afraid.