+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time of PRTD application submitted electronically(by email)-VAC closed-INDIA

rprai24

Jan 7, 2021
UCI will be from the time that you became a PR. It remains the same on PRTD aplication as well. For application number even I am not sure. Please refer to this from the last page of this discussion.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/processing-time-of-prtd-application-submitted-electronically-by-email-vac-closed-india.690791/post-9096072

It might help.
Hello,
Did you get passport after stamping ? How many days it took after you send your passport to vfs.

rprai24

Jan 7, 2021
I think you will be forced to postpone ticket. Mine was approved on 08 Jan 2021. I could not send courier of passport until now. VFS not sent payment link until now. There is no way to contact them.
Hello,
Did you get passport after stamping ? How many days it took after you send your passport to vfs.

UKaur

Jan 19, 2021
Hello,
I recently got my CoPR in canada and urgently i need to visit india. I am visiting india in feb but have not received my PR card yet. Can someone please help me how to apply for PRTD and how long its taking to approve these days. I am returning back to Canada in first week of May.
Anyone???

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
Guys, I tried contacting VFS Global in India and they confirmed that they are not processing PRTD at the moment :-(
This is the extract from their response:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre for India.

Addressing your below query, we would like to inform you that at this time we are only accepting Family Class Priority and Study Visa. Please continue to visit the COVID-19 page on the website for further updates.

Further, you may refer to the following link for the same:

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates

Please make sure you keep checking their covid update page. I am also waiting for VAC to process PRTD so that I can travel.

Guri21

Mar 31, 2017
Here's my PRTD timeline:

Application by Email: January 05, 2021
Acknowledgement of Receipt: January 05, 2021
Passport Request: January 21, 2021

In case someone didn't know, PRTD applications by email also can be linked to CIC account in the same way as we link PR Card application. I did not receive any messages in the account, just got an email from IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca email address asking for passport submission; the application had a ghost update though.

Reactions: shashi_b and UKaur

UKaur

Jan 19, 2021
Here's my PRTD timeline:

In case someone didn't know, PRTD applications by email also can be linked to CIC account in the same way as we link PR Card application. I did not receive any messages in the account, just got an email from IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca email address asking for passport submission; the application had a ghost update though.
did you apply it by yourself or hire a representative?

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Here's my PRTD timeline:

Thanks for sharing the timelines. it helps a lot ..I have one question .. I need to send PRTD application for me and my wife so do I need to send 2 separate emails one for me and one for my wife or I can send one single email with document attached for both? can you please advice.

Guri21

Mar 31, 2017
Thanks for sharing the timelines. it helps a lot ..I have one question .. I need to send PRTD application for me and my wife so do I need to send 2 separate emails one for me and one for my wife or I can send one single email with document attached for both? can you please advice.
I believe it would be a separate application (email) for both.

Reactions: mac315

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Here's my PRTD timeline:

Hi @Guri21

Thanks for the update.

Could you please also share - How are the timelines from VFS VAC for passport submission for stamping PRTD visa?

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Guys, I tried contacting VFS Global in India and they confirmed that they are not processing PRTD at the moment :-(
This is the extract from their response:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre for India.

Addressing your below query, we would like to inform you that at this time we are only accepting Family Class Priority and Study Visa. Please continue to visit the COVID-19 page on the website for further updates.

Further, you may refer to the following link for the same:

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/covid-19-updates

Please make sure you keep checking their covid update page. I am also waiting for VAC to process PRTD so that I can travel.
@coprwaitisover
You have to send email to the following email for applying PRTD : IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca VFS VAC is only handling the stamping of PRTD Visa. I hope this helps.

Fyi, the process is given here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/permanent-residents.html#outsidecanada

inland_app

Jan 21, 2021
Hi,

Can i apply for prtd in case my pr gets approved while i'm out of Canada? I'm an inland applicant, planning to travel home for 3 weeks in February. I saw some people in this forum had the same situation, and they got their prtds, even though they spent 0 days in Canada since becoming PR at the time. Just want to confirm if I can still apply for prtd while i'm away.

Thanks,

Reactions: Bafnamit

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Hi,

Can i apply for prtd in case my pr gets approved while i'm out of Canada? I'm an inland applicant, planning to travel home for 3 weeks in February. I saw some people in this forum had the same situation, and they got their prtds, even though they spent 0 days in Canada since becoming PR at the time. Just want to confirm if I can still apply for prtd while i'm away.

Thanks,
In case you receive your CoPR while you were inside Canada then hopefully you could get PRTD.
I read in this forum that for someone they had cancelled CoPR when PRTD was requested without landing. Please refer here : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/processing-time-of-prtd-application-submitted-electronically-by-email-vac-closed-india.690791/post-9135702

I would suggest better to call IRCC before travelling.