+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time is the same for applications from the US and other countries ?

spring2009

Star Member
Mar 19, 2009
Hi all,

I heard that in the past, it took less time to process the applications from the US than those from other countries. In other words, the applicants from the US would get PR faster than those from other countries.

But I also heard that this rule has changed, applicants from all over the world are the same.
It will take about 1 year or more no matter where you apply, is this correct?

Thanks guys.

yasirmajid

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Thats what I heard as well. Even in some cases, I heard things done in 8 months!

Yasir
link2canada.ca

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
The intention of the ministerial instructions is to process applications in 6 to 12 months time. Cic website gives you processing time line in various visa offices in the past. Data availability under new regulation will take some time obviously. So far aor ìssue is taking shorter time in buffalo. You can also trace time taken at trackitt.com

rojani

Dec 9, 2008
bufallo will always be faster in my view since majority of applicant are already in Canada under a contract thus priority is what matters since they already contributing to Canada economy. Volume of applicants is also major factor therefore processing time will vary in every region, some may take less than 12 months others be more. What is important is that processing time is cut and will be faster (8-12months) than previous 3-5years.