+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

processing time in Hong Kong for live-in caregiver

Serenta

Jan 26, 2009
Hi, we have a nanny who applied for a work permit and visa a month ago in Hong Kong (she is Filippino) and there is no sign yet from the consulate. how long does it take for the processing? is this a normal waiting time? thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
HK - 4 months as per the CIC website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp#asia

Serenta said:
Hi, we have a nanny who applied for a work permit and visa a month ago in Hong Kong (she is Filippino) and there is no sign yet from the consulate. how long does it take for the processing? is this a normal waiting time? thank you

Serenta

Jan 26, 2009
thanks job_seeker. this i know but what is the actual current waiting time? i noticed that in other countries it's quicker than the time mentioned on the official website. if someone who recently processed there could give us this info?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The people (LCPs) I have met in Canada, who were from HK, processed their WPs/visas in 6 months.

Serenta said:
thanks job_seeker. this i know but what is the actual current waiting time? i noticed that in other countries it's quicker than the time mentioned on the official website. if someone who recently processed there could give us this info?