+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for travel document

sgaur

Mar 24, 2012
Does anybody have any information about processing time of travel document from Abu Dhabi Canadian Consulate? Please note that I have applied for my minor son on humanitarian & compassionate grounds because he did not complied residency requirements. I had applied on 1st June 2015 and I did not get any answer yet. I contacted VFS Global also but no answer from them also.

I a bit worried because he should join university in September but we donot know the status of travel document.

Any information will be highly appreciated.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are no official sources at the moment, providing processing times for PRTD.

Moreover, your son has made an application on H & C grounds after having spent 1.5 months of his life in Canada(in 2005) at age 8.

You should expect considerable (ie *long*) delay while his application is considered. I hope he put his admission to uni, AND his evidence of proof to return to live & settle in Canada *prominently* in his application.

sgaur

Mar 24, 2012
Yes, we have attached the admission letter and his intent to become Canadian Citizen. But no worries, If we will not get any reply from them, he will go to USA. I have completed all procedure for USA.

sgaur

Mar 24, 2012
Hi

I have received the request from Canadian Embassy to send the passport. It took them 1 month and 21 days. They have mentioned that it is required for the further processing of the application made to them. When I submitted the initial application, I attached the all the copies of my passport pages. Do you think that they have asked the passport to attach travel document or they want a thorough checking to block my son for not meeting the residence obligations.

As for as blocking is concern, they could have blocked without asking a passport since I have sent copies of all the pages in the passport. Any experience in this regard will be welcome.

savio.dcruz

Aug 3, 2013
Applied for travel document from VFS Abudhabi, Do they request the passport back to get it stamped or do they send the travel document to your home address ? Thanks to confirm.