+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Can anyone help me with this question... the vo requested some more documents from us and asked to submit by feb 19 when my hubby went to drop off in person he didnt submit the pcc cuz by then we didnt get it.. but we wrote a note saying once we get it we will provide it.. so then on feb 13 he went in person again and dropped off the pcc... the concern is on the 21st he got an emaol from the embassy stating final request for pcc and hand it in vy march 7.. but before the email he got a call but he missed it and so what we did is replied back to the email stating that we have submitted.. so I am worried if they read that or not, I did get an auto reply saying we will get back within 5 days.. plus my hubby redialed the number and the person who talked on the phone also mentioned to reply the email... but after that we havent heard anything from them.. and just waiting is there any other way to let them know we already submitted the police c... let me know guys.. thanks
Hi Rainbow,
Hopefully you have copies of all the documents your husband submitted in person to the embassy. Send an email via case specific inquiry and attach copies of all the documents you submitted in person and let them know the date you submitted and you should be fine.

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
vijay1987 said:
Did u send the documents through email? if not please send it through case specfic enquiry. hope you have copy of the clearance so scan it and send it through the below link and write them a notes saying you have already submited pcc to colombo cic
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
My hubby called and the person he talked to took all his info auch as file number and ic number and said will forward the information to whom ever.. yes we have all the copies so as you said I will attach just the copy of the pcc on the site and let them know the date we submitted

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Lav_Canadian said:
Hi Rainbow,
Hopefully you have copies of all the documents your husband submitted in person to the embassy. Send an email via case specific inquiry and attach copies of all the documents you submitted in person and let them know the date you submitted and you should be fine.
Hey lav yes we do have all copies.. it sucks cuz he went in person twice first to hand in everything they asked for except the pcc and second time the pcc itself and I cant beleive these ppl dont check to see they got it first before even emailing us with a new date to submit pcc.. can u please give me the link for case specific inquiry..

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
vijay1987 said:
Did u send the documents through email? if not please send it through case specfic enquiry. hope you have copy of the clearance so scan it and send it through the below link and write them a notes saying you have already submited pcc to colombo cic
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
He went in person and gave it at the office. I want to know how to attach the copy of the pcc..

Lav_Canadian

Jan 13, 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hey lav yes we do have all copies.. it sucks cuz he went in person twice first to hand in everything they asked for except the pcc and second time the pcc itself and I cant beleive these ppl dont check to see they got it first before even emailing us with a new date to submit pcc.. can u please give me the link for case specific inquiry..
here you go: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=colombo

It's easy to upload docs... just follow throw the instruction. Let me know if you need any help.

yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017 app return 21-02-2017 resubmit 29-03-2017 citizenship app filled online 2023-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
Sch a and pcc uploaded via gc key 17/05/2007
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017 Re-medical Request 30-Jul-2019
Med's Done....
20-09-2017 Re-Medical Done 05th-Aug-2019
Interview........
13-03-2018 Ecas in process 05/26/2017 Aor2 05/29/2017 Ecas Changed To DM 31-Mar-2018
Passport Req..
Application Refused 2018-04-11 appeal file 2018-apr-20 Iad Confirmation May-09-2018 full hearing 23 rd may 2019 @edmonton Appel Won 14-june-2019 Additional Document Request 30-Jul-2019 doc send 13-Aug-2019 Bio metric req 13-aug-2019 Bio Completed 15-aug-2019 PPR 01-Nov-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019
Hi everyone I am new here

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV. 7th 2016 (App Received... : NOV. 9th 2016)
AOR Received.
NOV. 22nd 2016 / SA: DEC. 2nd 2016
Can someone tell me how to address the embassy when they request more documents from us?

I mean what do I put in the envelope? Is it just my spouse's address and VO's office or do I need to put the UCI and Application numbers as well?

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
Hey so we have submitted everything that the vo office asked for and we already completed our 15 months by this feb.. so I really dont noe how long it will take them to get back to us.. since the documents were due by feb 19... I was thinking last week but nothing from them.. and hopefully by this week.. or if not shd I go back to the mp and ask her for update.??

Rainbow21

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Doc's Request.
Feb 2016
AOR Received.
Jan.2016
File Transfer...
Feb 2016
Med's Done....
Sept.2015
416siha said:
Can someone tell me how to address the embassy when they request more documents from us?

I mean what do I put in the envelope? Is it just my spouse's address and VO's office or do I need to put the UCI and Application numbers as well?
Hey on the envelope you have to put the file number and uci number of the person you are sponsoring along with the address and my hubby went in person to drop off but you can even sent it to the address they provided

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Hi all need an advice from those who recently landed in canada

When we land in canada do we need to fill any specific form for the items that we have shipped and for the jewelries we take in order to obtain tax waiver. Thanks

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV. 7th 2016 (App Received... : NOV. 9th 2016)
AOR Received.
NOV. 22nd 2016 / SA: DEC. 2nd 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hey on the envelope you have to put the file number and uci number of the person you are sponsoring along with the address and my hubby went in person to drop off but you can even sent it to the address they provided
Thank you so much.

And I'm sorry to hear that it took you 15 months.. but it scares me to even see that it takes so long for some.. :(

BlueSapphire

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Med's Request
Upfront July 2015
Med's Done....
RE-MED Oct 2016
Hello guys,

Did anyone submit their passport recently to VFS?

We received our PPR Feb 14 :) and submitted Feb 15 and still are waiting for it to be returned.
I wonder how long it normally takes to stamp visa ...

BlueSapphire

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Med's Request
Upfront July 2015
Med's Done....
RE-MED Oct 2016
vijay1987 said:
they requested med and some documents(PC and Schedule A form) last year jan..And my medical expired already..No idea what they gonna go....After that nothing..When is ur med expiring?
Did you go to the MP recently or order notes? We submitted re-med Oct 2016....
We recvd PPR Feb 14 - submitted Feb 15 and now waiting for passport to be returned...

Don't worry good news will come your way soon!

BlueSapphire

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Med's Request
Upfront July 2015
Med's Done....
RE-MED Oct 2016
Rainbow21 said:
Hey so we have submitted everything that the vo office asked for and we already completed our 15 months by this feb.. so I really dont noe how long it will take them to get back to us.. since the documents were due by feb 19... I was thinking last week but nothing from them.. and hopefully by this week.. or if not shd I go back to the mp and ask her for update.??
Hi,
I think you can try asking - an update will give you some peace of mind. I can understand what you are going through - it's hard but try to stay strong - good luck!

Nila1

Feb 8, 2017
Hi guys, quick question

So my husband had his interview couple of days ago. And today someone called him from the colombo embassy requesting him to send a photo copy of his passport.. even though I already sent it with the application. Maybe the miss placed it not sure. Anyways can someone please help me how do I send his photo copy of his passport and why are they checking into passport again I'm worried now. Can someone please help me. Much appreciated