+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Nila1

Feb 8, 2017
Hey guys this is my first time using this form....

Can someone help me.. shall I be worried??

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to assess your compliance with the eligibility and admissibility requirements for immigration to Canada, an appointment has been arranged for you to be interviewed at this office on: February....

Please present this letter to the receptionist on your arrival at our office.

Please bring your passport(s) and the following documents:

-all/any documents/information in support of your marriage. (ie. Wedding Album, Photographs of you and your sponsor taken before and after marriage(if any), letters, greeting cards, telephone bills, money transfer receipts etc

Do not send the documents to this office prior to your interview. Bring them with you. Bring originals, not photocopies. If you do not bring the required documents, you will not be interviewed.

All documents you bring to your interview must be translated into English or French. You must have the entire document translated, not just portions of it. The translation must be done by a professional translator who is not related to you. The translation must not be done by your lawyer, immigration consultant, or any other person you have retained to represent you or advise you concerning this application, nor can they be translated by an employee of that person. Provide proof of the translator’s accreditation.

Please be informed that no further interview dates will be given. If you fail to appear for this interview, your application will be assessed according to the information on file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

You are required to attend an interview pursuant to subsection 15.(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). Failure to attend this scheduled interview may result in the refusal of your application.

Immigration Section

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Nila1 said:
Hey guys this is my first time using this form....

Can someone help me.. shall I be worried??

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to assess your compliance with the eligibility and admissibility requirements for immigration to Canada, an appointment has been arranged for you to be interviewed at this office on: February....

Please present this letter to the receptionist on your arrival at our office.

Please bring your passport(s) and the following documents:

-all/any documents/information in support of your marriage. (ie. Wedding Album, Photographs of you and your sponsor taken before and after marriage(if any), letters, greeting cards, telephone bills, money transfer receipts etc

Do not send the documents to this office prior to your interview. Bring them with you. Bring originals, not photocopies. If you do not bring the required documents, you will not be interviewed.

All documents you bring to your interview must be translated into English or French. You must have the entire document translated, not just portions of it. The translation must be done by a professional translator who is not related to you. The translation must not be done by your lawyer, immigration consultant, or any other person you have retained to represent you or advise you concerning this application, nor can they be translated by an employee of that person. Provide proof of the translator’s accreditation.

Please be informed that no further interview dates will be given. If you fail to appear for this interview, your application will be assessed according to the information on file, which could result in the refusal of your application.

You are required to attend an interview pursuant to subsection 15.(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). Failure to attend this scheduled interview may result in the refusal of your application.

Immigration Section
wow congrats that you are being called for the interview. all members including me was called for the interview and at the end of the interview we were informed that our application was approved and got re medical and PPR. so its good news browse through this forum for interview questions and be prepared and all will be well. Good luck

Nila1

Feb 8, 2017
luci1209 said:
wow congrats that you are being called for the interview. all members including me was called for the interview and at the end of the interview we were informed that our application was approved and got re medical and PPR. so its good news browse through this forum for interview questions and be prepared and all will be well. Good luck

Thank you so much... I'm so nervous
How long after for visa and PPR?

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
Nila1 said:
Thank you so much... I'm so nervous
How long after for visa and PPR?
can you share ur timeline plz

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
luci1209 said:
Hi anyone planning to fly to toronto from colombo during first or second week of march
lol Are scared of travelling alone? ;D

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV. 7th 2016 (App Received... : NOV. 9th 2016)
AOR Received.
NOV. 22nd 2016 / SA: DEC. 2nd 2016
Saina said:
Yes it's correct.u won't receive response unless and until ur processing time has exceeded...
ohh...

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
vijay1987 said:
lol Are scared of travelling alone? ;D
not scared but if there is anyone it might be a support since i wont be having a phone even in case of emergency to contact anyone

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
luci1209 said:
not scared but if there is anyone it might be a support since i wont be having a phone even in case of emergency to contact anyone
just kidding...yea that will help when you fly alone for many hours

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
nancyzm said:
Hey guys.. how long after remedical did you receive PPR?
Can you share ur timeline? when is ur med expired? and when did they request remed?

Faa1599

Feb 27, 2016
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
December 2015
Doc's Request.
July 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
November 2015 Re-medical- November 2016
Interview........
November 2015
Passport Req..
20th January 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24th January 2017
LANDED..........
2nd February 2017
luci1209 said:
Hi Luci :) Don't worry, going alone is not a big deal.. you have WiFi in the airports at transits, so you can contact anyone through WhatsApp or Viber. I came alone!! Don't worry, be strong :) have a safe flight!

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Faa1599 said:
Hi Luci :) Don't worry, going alone is not a big deal.. you have WiFi in the airports at transits, so you can contact anyone through WhatsApp or Viber. I came alone!! Don't worry, be strong :) have a safe flight!
Thanks faa1599 which country transit do you think is better

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016