+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

Smurf1

Dec 5, 2012
daisy27 said:
hey smurf1!

Il send you a personal msg on the interview details :)
welcome to the forum!
Omg Thanks alot for all that detail daisy! And thanks for that warm wellcome. I sure will.Much appreciated. :)

daisy27

Jun 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omggg CONGRATZZZ VAALLII :)
yay we're hearing so many good news for the past two months :D
congratz everyone!

DOUBLET

Star Member
Dec 1, 2012
Congrats to everyone on getting their visas. Daisy27, if you don't mind, can you please send me the details on the interview. Anyone else who has also gone though the interview, I would greatly appreciate if you can send me the information. Thank you all :)

butterfly53

Oct 20, 2012
I just sent an email to the CHC and got a reply stating tat

"Dear Madam

Please be informed this file is with the officer for review. We shall contact you once this is reviewed.

Thank you

Immigration Section TMC " :(

peter82

Dec 18, 2012
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Here is my situation. I sponsored my wife from Sri Lanka. The processing has already started and she got a call 2 days ago to bring the passport to the high commission. Now is that mean they are going to issue the Visa? They did not say anything. All they said was bring the passport. All the procedures are done already..medical, police clearance and so on...Please help me understnad. Thanks!

Any help would be appreciated! ;D

Sinthu4sutha

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28th 2012
Doc's Request.
feb 8th 2013
File Transfer...
July 4th 2012
Med's Request
feb 8th 2013
Med's Done....
November 2011- re medical feb 11th 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 5th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 8th 2013
LANDED..........
April 12 th 2013
peter82 said:
Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Here is my situation. I sponsored my wife from Sri Lanka. The processing has already started and she got a call 2 days ago to bring the passport to the high commission. Now is that mean they are going to issue the Visa? They did not say anything. All they said was bring the passport. All the procedures are done already..medical, police clearance and so on...Please help me understnad. Thanks!

Any help would be appreciated! ;D

Congrats they are going to stamp visa.
When did u start the process?

peter82

Dec 18, 2012
Well...that's sounds awesome. Hopefully she will get it! Thanks for the quick reply. Believe it or not it's only been 3 months since I sent the application to Mississauga :eek:

Sinthu4sutha

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28th 2012
Doc's Request.
feb 8th 2013
File Transfer...
July 4th 2012
Med's Request
feb 8th 2013
Med's Done....
November 2011- re medical feb 11th 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 5th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 8th 2013
LANDED..........
April 12 th 2013
peter82 said:
Well...that's sounds awesome. Hopefully she will get it! Thanks for the quick reply. Believe it or not it's only been 3 months since I sent the application to Mississauga :eek:
Wow u are lucky.

peter82

Dec 18, 2012
Thanks! I must say I'm lucky to some extent..lol... I will wait another 72 hrs and we will see what's going to happen. I wish everyone here good luck! It will happen soon! Don't give up! ;D

Sweet3

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
COL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I sponsored my husband from SL and no news till now.

Peter82, your wife got visa in 3 months?

And Daisy, can you please tell me what they asked on interview and over the phone?

Sweet3

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
COL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And also, Peter82 did your wife had any interviews? And did they ask for additional documents?

Thankyou ;D

peter82

Dec 18, 2012
My case is totally different. My wife got the visa in less than 3 months. To be exact in 9 weeks. She didn't have interview. I submitted all the documents when I applied here in Canada. So they didn't ask me for any documents. Got the visa in 45 days after file was transferred to Colombo.