july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
hey daisy..sry i didnt call you back little busy moving my things sis...

hey lilly-tv if ur hubby is only going for 2 months then its ok he don't need a police clearance hang in there girl..

valli..hope u doing fine..hey they can't put ur file in the bottom just like that...but my small advice to you is don't bug the embassy alot.. i know how you feel about the crazy wait but try to be paitent and don't send them to many enquiries..

frust hang in there buddy you will be done soon...

Rosh

Aug 5, 2011
Toronto,ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Srilanka.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 - Sep - 2011
AOR Received.
14 - Nov - 2011
File Transfer...
Last Week In Dec 2011
rathika2011 said:
thanks rosh for ur kind words...yes i try to be strong cause true love never fails...and i know its just matter of time and i am sure me and my husband will be reunited soon...and i wish you the same to be united with ur loved one soon...keep me posted with ur updates..
Sure will keep you updated. Definitely you both are gonna be united soon. Always lets hope for the best....Or try to make the best out of it.

Rosh

Aug 5, 2011
Toronto,ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Srilanka.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 - Sep - 2011
AOR Received.
14 - Nov - 2011
File Transfer...
Last Week In Dec 2011
daisy27 said:
rosh its okay if you cant send me a personal msg :) .. u can write on the forum.. im willing to help anyone if they need help preparing for interview.. but i think its good for everyone to prepare for an interview to be on the safer side.. arrange ur proofs and documents.. if rathika didnt help me than i wouldn't of understood the seriousness of the interview.. she shed some lights on my life.. and i hope to do the same for many others on this forum..
Thanks Daisy. Yeah Me and him have already started to prepare. I have already posted enough proof and he also has enough proof to show. It has been more then one year now since I sent the papers . His medicals n police clearance have also expired. But still we have not heard any thing from them.

It is really very very hard to face these things. I have applied on the 8th of September 2011. He has visited the VO/SL once since then. But they have told him that only on the last week of Dec the files have been transferred to Srilanka. Even I contacted my Local MP. And he advised us not to disturb the VO/SL till Dec end. He said to tell my husband not to visit them.... when we bug them again and again they get mad and push the files back it seems . I don't know how true it is....But that's what the MP said.
The Local Mp Said he is gonna inquire about this on the last week of Dec 2012 on behalf of me. Lets wait and see.....God only knows when this will come to an end. :(

daisy27

Jun 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rosh,

do not worry about anything.. and police clearance does not expire i think? bcuz its has been a year for husband too and they nver said anythin about police clearance.. hopefully, you get a letter for re-medical than an interview.. but its good that your preparing.. every1s timeline is different.. i applied later than u.. dec 2011.. it doesnt wrk out the same way for everyone.. if u need any help u can ask me :)

hold on tight... u will hear good news soon!

Rosh

Aug 5, 2011
Toronto,ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Srilanka.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 - Sep - 2011
AOR Received.
14 - Nov - 2011
File Transfer...
Last Week In Dec 2011
daisy27 said:
rosh,

do not worry about anything.. and police clearance does not expire i think? bcuz its has been a year for husband too and they nver said anythin about police clearance.. hopefully, you get a letter for re-medical than an interview.. but its good that your preparing.. every1s timeline is different.. i applied later than u.. dec 2011.. it doesnt wrk out the same way for everyone.. if u need any help u can ask me :)

hold on tight... u will hear good news soon!
I am Also Hoping so. Thanks Daisy.

Rosh

Aug 5, 2011
Toronto,ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Srilanka.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 - Sep - 2011
AOR Received.
14 - Nov - 2011
File Transfer...
Last Week In Dec 2011
luci1209 said:
hi

i sent an email to the embassy one week back still no reply what shall i do
Hi Luci,
I have read many people's posts here. I think they also got a reply after they sent in many E-mails. Even I have heard from my friends that they Don't respond properly.
I think you should try to send the same Email again and see if they will reply or not.
For them it is nothing I guess....For us....We only know what sort of a situation we are going through. ???

daisy27

Jun 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

i checked ECAS and it says "in process".. before it said application received.. and in the notes it says we started process ur application spet 26th 2012 (which was my interview date).. just thought it wud b sumthin nice to share..

Rosh

Aug 5, 2011
Toronto,ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Srilanka.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 - Sep - 2011
AOR Received.
14 - Nov - 2011
File Transfer...
Last Week In Dec 2011
daisy27 said:
Hi Everyone,

i checked ECAS and it says "in process".. before it said application received.. and in the notes it says we started process ur application spet 26th 2012 (which was my interview date).. just thought it wud b sumthin nice to share..
Thanks For sharing Daisy.
Few Months back When I checked my ECAS, It said "In Process" . But then it changed to applications received again. Hope I hear something good very soon :(. I know...whatever it is.....The right time has to come.

@ Luci,
You are welcome.

Sinthu4sutha

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 28th 2012
Doc's Request.
feb 8th 2013
File Transfer...
July 4th 2012
Med's Request
feb 8th 2013
Med's Done....
November 2011- re medical feb 11th 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 5th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 8th 2013
LANDED..........
April 12 th 2013
When the world says, ‘Give up,’ Hope whispers, Try it one more time.

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
hi guys my husband got the following email today:

"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Please provide all the passports that you have owned. This must be received at this office by 11/04/2012"

I am so confused and anxious about this email? have any of you heard of the colombo visa office asking for all the passports owned like this before? or why do u guys think they have such a request?

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
vaali said:

"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:

Please provide all the passports that you have owned. This must be received at this office by 11/04/2012"

I am so confused and anxious about this email? have any of you heard of the colombo visa office asking for all the passports owned like this before? or why do u guys think they have such a request?

don't panic..they just want to see what country he has traveled in the past..and just want to see and clear any doubts they have..so hand it in as soon as possible...good luck

Rosh

Aug 5, 2011
Toronto,ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Srilanka.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 - Sep - 2011
AOR Received.
14 - Nov - 2011
File Transfer...
Last Week In Dec 2011
vaali said:

Don't Worry Vaali......Every thing is for the best. Be calm and Make sure you don't make your better half worried too. Take every thing positively. Wish You all the best.

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
thanks rathika, frust and rosh for the encouragement...i guess now its my turn to panic
my husband has atleast 10 trips overseas, but the maximum he has stayed is 1 month in malaysia. hez been to singapore, india and a few european countries for holiday and visiting family. he lived in uk for 2 years.
i dont know, when i met with an immigration consultant 1 year ago, he said, they are going to bring this new rule where we have to let the embassy know of every small trip we have made in the past.
Any of you who applied this year, did u'll have to provide info on every country your spouse has been to , or just the countries they lived for six months or more?
i dont know if i can rest in peace until i hear from the embassy the next time or until i find out why they would have asked for all his passports :(