july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
Rosh said:
Thanks for the PM Daisy.

And this forum thing is so confusing.
It says you are not allowed to send personal messages.
I have no Idea why.

hey rosh ....don't be confused...you can send ur private message after u have posted 10 post on the forum..then you will be allowed to private message ..i see you have posted 4 already and u have 6 more post to go...hope this helps..

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
daisy27 said:
u do not have to worry because u got a remedical.. and u were not let hanging like other people
im sure good news is on the way.. did ur medical reach the embassy already?
Hi Daisy,
how soon does the medicals reach the embassy?

Rosh

Aug 5, 2011
Toronto,ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Srilanka.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 - Sep - 2011
AOR Received.
14 - Nov - 2011
File Transfer...
Last Week In Dec 2011
rathika2011 said:
hey rosh ....don't be confused...you can send ur private message after u have posted 10 post on the forum..then you will be allowed to private message ..i see you have posted 4 already and u have 6 more post to go...hope this helps..
Thanks Rathika.
I have read all your recent posts.
You are a very strong girl.
Most of the people will always try to hide the downs.
But you are very strong and out spoken. Keep it up.
And wish you all the best.
May the good Lord God listen to your prayers very soon.

Rosh

Aug 5, 2011
Toronto,ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Srilanka.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 - Sep - 2011
AOR Received.
14 - Nov - 2011
File Transfer...
Last Week In Dec 2011
FYI
Few of the people I know have got their Ca. Visa's within 4 to 5 weeks once they have completed their re- medicals.

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
Rosh said:
Thanks Rathika.
I have read all your recent posts.
You are a very strong girl.
Most of the people will always try to hide the downs.
But you are very strong and out spoken. Keep it up.
And wish you all the best.
May the good Lord God listen to your prayers very soon.

thanks rosh for ur kind words...yes i try to be strong cause true love never fails...and i know its just matter of time and i am sure me and my husband will be reunited soon...and i wish you the same to be united with ur loved one soon...keep me posted with ur updates..

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Hi Rathika!

Could you plz let me know what forms we have to fill out when visiting the local MP. My wife has been to the MP's office twice but she wasn't asked to fill out any forms up there and the MP's assistant doesn't even seem like helpful coz he doesn't know how to handle the immigration cases as he is new one to that place, my wife said.

Canadian Parrot posted that she had filled out forms in local MP's office and she got re medical request letter after couple of days . I sent her personal message to ask her about that in detail but she seems like hasn't read my posts and message yet.

Rathika will you plz let me know that in detail?

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
hey frust hope you doing fine...normally there should be a person at the mp office who handle with the immigration..when i called my mp's office and i told the front desk girl about my situation regarding the sponsor app..then she made an appointment for me to come in and speak to the lady who was handling with the immigration. i went in and i spoke to her and she took down my address,phone number ,name , and my file number..there were no forms that you have to fill out..it will be them who will do that in there system..i went on a tuesday gave my info and on thursday morning she got me a reply from the embassy...so have your wife call the mp's office and ask her to make an appointment with the person who handle with immigration after that she has to take her file number and etc...it's very simple the mp must help so don't waste time and have ur wife call them first thing monday morning...hope this helps frust hang in there buddy it won't be to long..wishing you the best to be reunited soon..

example this is the website for my mp...http://www.johnmckaymp.on.ca/casework.asp
[/quote]

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
rathika2011 said:
hey frust hope you doing fine...normally there should be a person at the mp office who handle with the immigration..when i called my mp's office and i told the front desk girl about my situation regarding the sponsor app..then she made an appointment for me to come in and speak to the lady who was handling with the immigration. i went in and i spoke to her and she took down my address,phone number ,name , and my file number..there were no forms that you have to fill out..it will be them who will do that in there system..i went on a tuesday gave my info and on thursday morning she got me a reply from the embassy...so have your wife call the mp's office and ask her to make an appointment with the person who handle with immigration after that she has to take her file number and etc...it's very simple the mp must help so don't waste time and have ur wife call them first thing monday morning...hope this helps frust hang in there buddy it won't be to long..wishing you the best to be reunited soon..

example this is the website for my mp...http://www.johnmckaymp.on.ca/casework.asp
Thank You so much for the info, Rathika. you are very kind :) I ve sent you a personal msg. check it out plz...

Sivam

Jul 24, 2012
vaali said:
wow sivam!!! congrats!!! so they actually do work in the colombo office!!! that's some record-breaking timeline!!! especially for Sri Lanka!!! can u tell us more about your application and and what we could do different to speed this up.

my husband's medicals is expiring next friday, it would b sooo nice if he could b here before that... we applied for visitor visa so that he could b here for our aniversary, which is today, we havent heard gotten the passport yet, its been four weeks.

do any of u know what they do now, after the medical extension rules changed, how long do they take to extend the medicals?

Sorry for the late reply !!! I was not well last few days since i am new to the weather and foods in Canada.

We applied in February, file transferred to Colombo in June, processing started on 8th of September, and Visa issued on 15th of September.
In my wife side: full time worker with minimum income 27,000 $/yr and blood relation to me.
In my side: M.sc in Clinical Biochemistry with 3yrs relevant experience, Member of Sri lankan young Scientists.

Our relationship started started in December 2006 as love, we got married in 2011 which was arranged by both side of parents
we gave evidences for the relationship up to January of 2012 from 2006. photos (100), greeting cards, paintings, phone bills

specially when submitting your photos:
select random shots Not perfect photos which may be pre-planned one and fake in a visa officer point of view
should be natural.

Phone Bills: Detailed Bills - caller number, destination number and date with duration
Skype: Screen shots while video calling, past into a photo editing apps, print and attach to Communication proof
internet call records (i used Voipcheap and icall)
Email records: under the search space in the mail type your spouse ID, search results will shows you only mails between you and your spouse Now print it.

Most of the above well known for everyone anyhow that is what i did :-X

Lily_TV

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
Sivam said:
Sorry for the late reply !!! I was not well last few days since i am new to the weather and foods in Canada.

We applied in February, file transferred to Colombo in June, processing started on 8th of September, and Visa issued on 15th of September.
In my wife side: full time worker with minimum income 27,000 $/yr and blood relation to me.
In my side: M.sc in Clinical Biochemistry with 3yrs relevant experience, Member of Sri lankan young Scientists.

Our relationship started started in December 2006 as love, we got married in 2011 which was arranged by both side of parents
we gave evidences for the relationship up to January of 2012 from 2006. photos (100), greeting cards, paintings, phone bills

select random shots Not perfect photos which may be pre-planned one and fake in a visa officer point of view
should be natural.

Phone Bills: Detailed Bills - caller number, destination number and date with duration
Skype: Screen shots while video calling, past into a photo editing apps, print and attach to Communication proof
Email records: under the search space in the mail type your spouse ID, search results will shows you only mails between you and your spouse Now print it.

I am glad you are here with your wife. Thank you for responding back to us; I believe all of us if not most of us have given enough evidence to prove our relationship is genuine. It is very sad to know each of our life is depended on a vo officer to determine if our relationship is genuine or not. Hope you feel better and welcome to Canada. All the very best to you and wife. Fall is the best season to be in Canada. So enjoy.

Lily_TV

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
Alright, my husband needs to go to NY for work purposes ,approx 2 months. Yayy, I get to see him but I do not want this work purpose trip to interfere with our application. I called CIC to clarify if he would need a police clearance from NY, CIC rep said , no need as long as he does not stay past 6 months. But someone from this thread went to India for 4 months and they were requested Police clearance letter. Once again, I am baffled. Anyone gone through the similar situation. I took my time to read through each and everyone's feelings and situations. and I am now in a crabby mood, annoyed, soooooo blueeeeeeeeeeeeee although weather is beautiful. GRR how long does it take for us to hear back. Bloody hell. I am beginning to wonder if we keep asking for the status of the application, are they keep throwing those files in the bottom of the pile.

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Lily_TV said:
I am beginning to wonder if we keep asking for the status of the application, are they keep throwing those files in the bottom of the pile.
same here Lily im wondering that too, coz lately i've bothered the embassy a little too much.
it felt like they are doing something on my file when they asked for my husband's uk visa info, but they did nothing about it until the medicals expired :( i emailed them 3 times after submitting the required info to give visa before medicals expire :(

then i thought they might give the visitor visa so that we could b together for our anniversary, and they refused it!!! and they kept his passport for a month! when i tracked his passport from the TTS service website for the visitor visa, it says additional information was received by the embassy on a certain date...but its confusing because the additional info request was with the spouse sponsorship file number.

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Sivam said:

should be natural.

thanks sivam for the nice reply. yes my love is pretty similar too from 2005, same church mates, lots of communication proofs and lots of ugly pictures of us, where we are most definitely not posing etc
but i think wat takes long is the background check, so i guess urs must have been a quick and easy one...Congrats again! you are one fortunate person!!! or the VO who handled ur case must have a very good heart :)

daisy27

Jun 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hii everyone :)

my husband went and did he re-medical at asiri hospital on the 28th and the doc said they will send it in 2 weeks. but in the re-medical letter it says it will take up to 3 months and not to bother the immigration or doctor before the 3 months period.. i guess we all gotta just hang in there until we hear from them.. but the immigration officer said 3-4 weeks to get the re-medical..

rosh its okay if you cant send me a personal msg :) .. u can write on the forum.. im willing to help anyone if they need help preparing for interview.. but i think its good for everyone to prepare for an interview to be on the safer side.. arrange ur proofs and documents.. if rathika didnt help me than i wouldn't of understood the seriousness of the interview.. she shed some lights on my life.. and i hope to do the same for many others on this forum..