VISA ISSUED...
April 8th 2013
LANDED..........
April 12 th 2013
applied may 28th 2012
received approved letter back july 4th 2012 :D

daisy27 said:
Hi Sinthu4sutha,

I have no clue about police clearance for malaysia, can you share your exact time line with us? Thank you :)

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Wotz happening with y'all guyz??? Lookx like HC didn't give visa to anyone who applied after July 2012. They don't even response anything properly. I inquired recently and they replied that my file was in the queue to be reviewed. I ve been hearing this $hit since I got my file transfered. I came to know from a source that colombo office is reviewing files which were transfered in October 2011.

My medical expired couple of weeks ago n no reply from Colombo yet. Processing time for SL has gone up from 13 months to 14 months. $hit happens... :( I m half dead already...

Ps: any updates from you guyz? Guess Canadian parrot, u must be hearing from them soon...

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Wotz up with yall??? Seems like all got ur visas except me :'(
No reply or post from anyone for ages.

I haven't received any single letter or call yet.. Seems like canadian HC's gonna keep My life miserable forever n ever. :( Wish I knew how to quit myself without worrying about anyone. I can't take this for another couple of months further. I d rather die than waiting for these silent killers' decision :(

What about you Vaali??? Any updates from ur end? You have less than a month for ur medical, right? You may be hearing from them soon.

vignes

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
30 Apr 2012
last update "We started processing application on August 23, 2012."

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
vignes said:
last update "We started processing application on August 23, 2012."
Vignes!!! God sake :eek: r u kidding? U r a lucky applicant to be honest. I applied in oct 2011 but My status's still in "application received" :(. I wonder why they keep on telling me that my file is in the line to be reviewed.

Btw, r u from Alberta? Did u visit Colombo office recently?

Good luck!!!

vignes

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
30 Apr 2012
Thx for reply,

No, Im in Ontario. Last week 22 Aug 12, my wife drop off some Doc they requested 2 Weeks ago.

So where are you?

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
vignes said:
Thx for reply,

No, Im in Ontario. Last week 22 Aug 12, my wife drop off some Doc they requested 2 Weeks ago.

So where are you?
I live in Quebec. r u serving in the Canadian Armed Forces? Is that the reason why ur application is being processed quicker than others?

daisy27

Jun 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi guys..

my husband got a letter requesting for interview.. on september 26th.. it says to bring photographs and wedding album.. really nervous.. :( anyone has any experience on interviews? :(

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
daisy27 said:
hi guys..

my husband got a letter requesting for interview.. on september 26th.. it says to bring photographs and wedding album.. really nervous.. :( anyone has any experience on interviews? :(
Hi Daisy27,

Congrats :) No need to worry about the interview. Tell ur man to be prepared for it. Hope the below links will give you some ideas for the interview.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/interview-questions-t66270.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t12122.0.html

PS: Did ur husband visit Colombo visa office recently? did he receive any letter for re medical? Did you see any changes on ur ECAS? I haven't received any letters or call yet :(

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
daisy27 said:
hi guys..

hi dear same interview was for my hubby last year nov 15 2011 .......make sure ur hubby know everything about u and ur family detail....how and when u came to canada, date of proposal, date of marriage where u went on honeymoon? so many questions and tell him not to get nervous just get him prepared to asnswer everything about u and ur history hobbies,work,ur friends,etc...good luck keep us updated..god bless

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
daisy27 said:
hi guys..

hi dont be excited i also had an interview with the embassy on june 26th 2012 all they ask is simple questions such as

do you visit your inlaws
do your spouse own property in canada
what is your spouse best friend name have you spoke to her
whats your spouse hobby
how did your spouse go to canada
how do you communicate and what time do you call each other
is your marriage love or proposal explain etc

just ask him to answer all the questions right and thats all goodluck

daisy27

Jun 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi frustt :)

his medical expired on july 26th and he went to the embassy the same day.. they said they will notify him if re-medical is needed.. then we got the letter ysterday.. and i checked ecas right away.. it says application received.. and it says interview scheduled for the 26th.. dont worry hopefully you get a ppr call instead of a call for interview..

thanks rathika and luci for the tips.. i am really nervous.. but we are preparing for the interview now.. hopefully everything goes well for all of us.. rathika when it was refused how long does it take again for the entire process?

daisy27

Jun 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luci one more question..

did they pass the interview? what did they say for medicals? how long is the process after the interview :)
thanks everyone for being so supportive

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
daisy27 said:
Hi frustt :)

his medical expired on july 26th and he went to the embassy the same day.. they said they will notify him if re-medical is needed.. then we got the letter ysterday.. and i checked ecas right away.. it says application received.. and it says interview scheduled for the 26th.. dont worry hopefully you get a ppr call instead of a call for interview..

thanks rathika and luci for the tips.. i am really nervous.. but we are preparing for the interview now.. hopefully everything goes well for all of us.. rathika when it was refused how long does it take again for the entire process?
hi daisy they refused my hubby on nov 15,2011 and i appealed in dec 21,2011 and up till today haven't heard anything from them..when i called iad office last week the worker told me that it can take up to 14 to 18 months from the date they reiceve the file from the embassy..so which means that my file reached iad office on march the 17 2012 so from that day 14 to 18 months for the hearing date after i win the appeal it would take another 8months till he reiceve the visa so maybe im looking at around 2 and a half yrs..i hope i dont have to wait that long but we will see...don't worry daisy just have ur hubby prepare in advance...pray that he will do well good luck my dear keep me posted....

oh p.s. the lady who interviewed my hubby was a tamil lady..

daisy27

Jun 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh mann :( im so proud of u that ur holding on till this day.. i dont know why everyone has to go through so much to live together with your spouse.. :(

what do you mean tamil lady? :S are u serious? was there a translator and she was tamil or the officer lady is tamil? also, how long is the interview? is it very short.. we are preparing really hard.. as long as he doesnt get nervous.. hope things go well.. but can they reject if its just a registration? thats the thing thats bothering me so much :(