Colombo, Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
30 Apr 2012
vaali thx for reply .

I am wondering what time and day your husband submitted add Doc?

Open to public Monday through Thursday from 8:00 to 12:30, and 13:30 to 16:35.
All immigration general inquiries: 11:30 to 12:30.
Submission of Temporary Residence (visitor, work permit and study permit) applications, and applications for the Permanent Resident Travel Document: 11:30 - 12:30.
Submission of Permanent Residence applications: 13:30 - 15:00.
Visa pick up 15:00 - 16:35.

Luci WOW happy for you. Keep us updated about your status.

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
He submitted on the 28th of February. But any day from Monday-Thursday from 11.30-12.30 is fine i think

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Wotz up Guyz :) Long time no post from me... hope things r going gr8 with yall.

Well, I haven't heard anything from Colombo since received AOR but I recently visited Colombo HC to inquire about my case.
The lady who was in the inquiry Desk said that they had received my file in March 2012 so I would have to wait for another 6 to 8 months for further information. WTF, 6 to 8 months? She didn't even say anything properly. I applied in Oct 2011 and I received my AOR in Jan 2012, but she said that they received my file in March. It seems like bit complicated about the way they handle each cases. It's been more than 7 months since I applied and I haven't heard anything except the flicking AOR. I even sent emails to Colombo HC but no reply for any emails too. My medical also expires on 25th of July 2012. I m unable to control myself as I m getting frustrated.

Sorry Guys I didn't reply for any posts of yours since I m not in a mood. Hope yall r going to be fine with ur case.

Guyz, Plz let me know what I have to do if I don't get any reply from Colombo HC even after my medical expires. I m confusing myself about this coz just less than 2 months left for my medical expiration. I told about this to that lady too, but she was like "We can't promise u anything coz any decision hasn't been taken on ur application yet so u have to wait like 6 to 8 months for further information about ur case". OMG, WTF is this?

Will they contact me soon? I can't wait ;( I m hopeless and feel like wanna die.

Do you think that my wife should meet someone (like MP) in Canada to know what's going on with my application? she hasn't done anything like that yet.

PS: Vaali, wotz up with u? any updates from ur end? Did ur husband visit Colombo HC recently?

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
yes, i think it might be a good idea to ask your wife to visit an MP and request for an update.

my husband has been to the embassy a few times, and he also got the same reply he got. I was approved as sponsor on 19th of Jan. Last week I called CIC and i was told the files were sent from Canada on the 2nd of February. So, the file must have arrived in SL in the first or second week the latest. wen my husband went in Feb, March and April, the lady at the front had said that it just arrived "last month" and is waiting in que to be looked at.

Did your wife call CIC and find out when exactly ur file was transferred to SL?

I think you should write a letter about how your medicals will be expiring next months and go to the embassy soon, mayb they'll look at it...

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Yes i know wot u mean Vaali. I gotta do as u said coz we never know wotz going on with our file. Btw, my wife phoned them up once in feb, 2012 and they said the file had been transferd to colombo. But the story is up side down in colombo HC :( i m runing out of words, guyz.. :( Hold urself tight... Btw, thanx for ur idea Vaali.. Let us know ur updates plz... Tc

Lily_TV

Star Member
Apr 15, 2012
FrusT said:
Wotz up Guyz :) Long time no post from me... hope things r going gr8 with yall.

Well, I haven't heard anything from Colombo since received AOR but I recently visited Colombo HC to inquire about my case.
The lady who was in the inquiry Desk said that they had received my file in March 2012 so I would have to wait for another 6 to 8 months for further information. WTF, 6 to 8 months? She didn't even say anything properly. I applied in Oct 2011 and I received my AOR in Jan 2012, but she said that they received my file in March. It seems like bit complicated about the way they handle each cases. It's been more than 7 months since I applied and I haven't heard anything except the flicking AOR. I even sent emails to Colombo HC but no reply for any emails too. My medical also expires on 25th of July 2012. I m unable to control myself as I m getting frustrated.

Sorry Guys I didn't reply for any posts of yours since I m not in a mood. Hope yall r going to be fine with ur case.

Guyz, Plz let me know what I have to do if I don't get any reply from Colombo HC even after my medical expires. I m confusing myself about this coz just less than 2 months left for my medical expiration. I told about this to that lady too, but she was like "We can't promise u anything coz any decision hasn't been taken on ur application yet so u have to wait like 6 to 8 months for further information about ur case". OMG, WTF is this?

Will they contact me soon? I can't wait ;( I m hopeless and feel like wanna die.

Do you think that my wife should meet someone (like MP) in Canada to know what's going on with my application? she hasn't done anything like that yet.

PS: Vaali, wotz up with u? any updates from ur end? Did ur husband visit Colombo HC recently?
It does not hurt to contact the local mp, but most will only follow up after 8 months or so. I am sure it does not take a month to forward the file to Colombo. Check your approval letter, they would tell you when it was forwarded to Colombo. Keep piling those evidence to show your relationship is genuine if they do call for an interview. Wives from SL hear much quicker than Husbands; unfortunately.

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Lily_TV said:
It does not hurt to contact the local mp, but most will only follow up after 8 months or so. I am sure it does not take a month to forward the file to Colombo. Check your approval letter, they would tell you when it was forwarded to Colombo. Keep piling those evidence to show your relationship is genuine if they do call for an interview. Wives from SL hear much quicker than Husbands; unfortunately.
I did check my AOR but there is no such info as u said.

It says

"Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquires regarding the application for permanent residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by email, fax, or in writing as follows

Colombo
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
P.O Box-1006
Colombo 7
Sri Lanka

The visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the immigration and refugee protection act"

I thoroughly checked my AOR and there is no information when my file was transferred to Colombo.

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
if your wife calls CIC, they'll let you know the exact date, coz thats how i know mine was sent from Canada on the 2nd of February. But i was approved as sponsor on Jan 19.

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Lily_TV are you a Sri Lankan applicant as well?

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
vaali said:
if your wife calls CIC, they'll let you know the exact date, coz thats how i know mine was sent from Canada on the 2nd of February. But i was approved as sponsor on Jan 19.
You are right Vaali, My wife had a word with CIC Mississauga and She confirmed that my file was transferred on 15th January 2012. But, when I visited Colombo HC they said that they got my file in March. It's absolutely ridiculous and I m confusing myself whom I can trust. Anyway, I gotta visit them to sort out my medical by July.

Catch up with Yall soon mates.

PS: Thanx for ur info Vaali... tc

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
No I did it myself. How about you?

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
FrusT said:
You are right Vaali, My wife had a word with CIC Mississauga and She confirmed that my file was transferred on 15th January 2012. But, when I visited Colombo HC they said that they got my file in March. It's absolutely ridiculous and I m confusing myself whom I can trust. Anyway, I gotta visit them to sort out my medical by July.
Frust let us know how ur embassy visit goes. My timeline is 2 weeks behind yours. when u start hearing something, i can start hoping that I will hear soon too...

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
vaali said:
Frust let us know how ur embassy visit goes. My timeline is 2 weeks behind yours. when u start hearing something, i can start hoping that I will hear soon too...
No Worries, I will let yall know my updates. TC