+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
hi guys .. i ve passed 63 days of 2nd med . no news yet .. :( i cant even sleep . im so nervous ..
wt happ to waiting , harisha , and suganya ?

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
Thank God .. my status changed to "In Process "and inside it says "we started processing my husbands name application on Feb 10 2012 " :):):)

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
hello everyone ? wt u guys think abt my status change ? im so nervous and cant wait to know wts their next step is ? why u guys r so silent these days :( i talk i talk but no reply

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
sharmi said:
hello everyone ? wt u guys think abt my status change ? im so nervous and cant wait to know wts their next step is ? why u guys r so silent these days :( i talk i talk but no reply
hi shami sry i was bit busy with packing up and all leaving to srilanka next month to be with hubby for few months..........dont be neverous in process mean they are working on ur file right now....i think that is a good news...you'll here good news from them soon so don't worry be happy and keep us posted ok tc..

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
wotz wrong with you guyz? I m so sad to see this forum is about to end. Plz keep it alive so it ll keep us to know wotz going round with our bloody applications. I m so frustrated too coz of this CHC sri lanka. I really need your kind favor to know about my file status and good news of yours. My wife sent my application to CIC in Oct 2011 n got the file number in Jan 2012. My status on the CIC web indicates that "Application Received" and itz been so since my wife received the letter from CIC Canada.

Is anyone out there to explain me wots going on with my application? I ve already sent my Police Clarence n Medical report to CIC. But I m really panicking when I read ur posts. Its killing me that most of u guys r suffering becoz of Canadian HC Sri Lanka. It really sux max :( i wud rather die if I wud have to go through like more than an year. ;(

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
frust ..first of all relax...ur file just got to the embassy...most of the file don't reviewed till 6moths later..ur not going to hear anything from them for atleast till summer...i know it is frustrating but what to do no one has the power to hurry them up unless they wish to..

my file recieved at srilanka embassy on jan 17 2011 ...i didn't hear anything from them till oct 14.2011 letter send to my hubby regarding the interview on nov 15 2011. on the day of the interview he have answered all the questions but still got refused on section 4 and 39.... i appeal the decision and waiting for a date...maybe a year or more to go still......i was also fed up but i can't let go cause we love each other and that is the only thing that still makes me go...

remember some people do get the visa in 6 to 8 months but not every one are so lucky..my sister got her visa in less then 2 months she was really lucky..so just try not to get frustrated ...this is the long journey for all of us.. and painful journey as well...good luck tc

sharmi

Star Member
Jun 9, 2011
rathika2011 said:
hi shami sry i was bit busy with packing up and all leaving to srilanka next month to be with hubby for few months..........dont be neverous in process mean they are working on ur file right now....i think that is a good news...you'll here good news from them soon so don't worry be happy and keep us posted ok tc..

thx Rathika for ur reply . oh u r leaving .. ya thats good . No doubt that ull enjoy every min of being with ur hubby . just forget abt this stupid sponcor thing atleast for sometime . dont worry ur always in my prayer. ill keep updating .

hi frust .. welcome to the forum . i sent my appli jan 18 th 2011. i also didnt hear anything till december the month when they called for the remed only since yesterday ive felt ok thats bcoz my ecas changed to in process. i ve been waiting for more than 13 months ..its very painful as rathika said but no choice have to face it . some people r so lucky . i wish u were one of them . im dying to see my hubby .

vaali

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
AOR Received.
04-01-2012
File Transfer...
02-02-2012
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
22-10-2012
Yaaay! Sharmi, i knew u would hear something soon :)
wait patiently...i have a feeling ur husband will get his visa in a month...u've waited long enough.
Hi Rathika, enjoy ur stay in SL, thats exactly wat i would have done too...but they say they will refuse the visa that i cant support him if i stay in SL, thats y i decided to stay in Canada until he gets his visa...
Welcome to the forum Frust...ur timeline is similar to mine...i applied in nov 2011 and the file was transferred to SL in Jan 2012...lets see how long our wait is going to b :(

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
thanks sharmi and vaali yes hope to have a great time with hubby....i can't wait to be with him....yea vaali if u r a PR then u have to be in canada for the whole process...don't worry girls u'll hear some gd news soon...all of u are in my prayer....wonder how long i had to wait to get a date from the appeal devision...i hope soon so that i dont have to wait for ever......lol some times i also get crazy thinking how long will i have to wait...but the only thing that i learned in this visa journey is that me and hubby love each others more and more understanding......i wish every one best of luck keep updating dont let this thread die..

mel i hope u are fine.. miss u girl ..

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Thank you so much Guys. Yes, as rathika n Sharmi suggested I have to be patient until I get the reply from them. I agree with u Rathika coz I ve heard that the processing time during the early period of 2010 was bit faster though the time for processing like 18 months. Now it's going up side down to wot they say :( the waiting time for the current process is 11 months they say, but you guys have been waiting for more than an year. I m so fed up with all of this weird procedure they do. And of course I need to know one thing from you guys. How can I make sure that my document arrived in Sri Lanka? coz my CIC log in still indicates "Application Received". If I click that link it shows "We received your application for permanent residence on October 15, 2011" there's no more updates about when my file was transferred to Sri Lanka. Can anyone tell me how I can make sure that my file is in Sri lanka. And also I have another one issue. My wife hasn't got her Citizenship yet and it is in process as well. will it affect my application?

PS: Yes Vaali, we r on the same boat as u say. Never know how n when they will open our file? I m like half dead here in SL. can't wait holding my wife back in my arms ;( :(

Have a gud time with your habby Rathika... Hope you will be ok some how. Wish you all the best..

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
hi frust..thanks 4 ur wishes...when u go on the cic website to see ur updates their when u are signing in with ur details then it should say application recieved on this date....if ur wife is signing in with her name other line line should say....

Sponsored Person...name

Sponsorship Application Status...decision made

Permanent Residence Application Status...application recieved

if its something like this then that means that ur file is in srilanka...or if u really want to know from cic then call them ask ur wife to call this number...1-888-242‑2100 and fellow the instrustion and try to get to an live operator it might take some time and many many try to get to talk with an agent but they will tell u wheather ur file was transfered....i hope this helps just be calm everything will work out soon wishing all the best...

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Hi Rathika, thanks for ur instant reply. Guess u feel the same how I do. I know how you feel Sisy. It is the most stressful path we are going through. HECTIC life to be honest :(

Well, I ve got the thingee as u say within my log in, so I guess my file is in SL and I just wanna make sure it as well. I ll call my wife and ask to ring them up to know about my file matter. btw, thanks a lot sis. hope we ll be fine soon.

Any one of you guys have heard any new updates from previous applicants who got the visa recently? One of my friends said that his relative got the visa within 8 months she applied and also she didn't face interview as well. people are out there with bloody luck. I wish we all had that :(

I m prying for all of us. TC

plz keep ubdating guys

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
yea ur rite frust........wish everyone of us are lucky but what to do cic playing with our lives.........if ur status say under ur name like that ....that means ur file is in sl...not to worry..i will keep u in my prayer..i can't wait till the 19th of march to fly down there to be with hubby..............so excited.. 8) 8) :D ;D i wish when i get back i'll have a date for my hearing....pray for me thanks tc.........may u reunite with ur wife soon...

FrusT

Star Member
Feb 17, 2012
Hi guys!

I ve got another issue. I got my police clearance since my 18 years coz I really didn't know that I should have applied since birth. I noticed that the form I filled mentioned that report must be taken since 18 years old.

But I came to know that Srilankans should take the police report since birth :(. Will they ask me to submit my clearance again? if anyone has such issue after applying? but I already applied for another clearance and hopefully I will get it within a month I guess. can I send my new report with the reference of my file ID to Canadian HC , Colombo via post? will there be any probz if I do like that? or should I wait until they ask me? but CIC says the report must be submitted within 3 months from the date of issue :( let me know plz.. I m like collapsed

PS: Thank you so much Rathika... Yes I have u in my prayer... No worries u r gonna be fine.

TC

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
hey frust ...my hubby did his police clearance from he was 18 i dont think it is a problem....if u still want to send them the new police clearance wait till they ask...but i dont think they will ask you if u got it from u were 18yrs old....dont panic for everything and stop worring everything gona be alright......gd luck take care