+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for spousal visa - Sri Lanka

vipush

May 27, 2020
Hi..
Yes, I am waiting from January 2022.
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. My spouse's medicals have been received by IRCC Colombo March 10, 2022. Medicals done on March 7, 2022. Client Application Status indicates Medicals have been received but nothing about the medical results passed or not. Trying to link GCKey with spouse's application but not linking even after many attempts. Please be in touch with me. Thanks again.

DBI

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Canada Toronto
Hi,
Thank you for your reply. My spouse's medicals have been received by IRCC Colombo March 10, 2022. Medicals done on March 7, 2022. Client Application Status indicates Medicals have been received but nothing about the medical results passed or not. Trying to link GCKey with spouse's application but not linking even after many attempts. Please be in touch with me. Thanks again.
You can not link the spousal application to the online account if you are a protected person. check this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

"In-Canada protected persons and convention refugees (excluding dependants’ applications)"

Dependent visa application finalizing normally takes one year from the date you became a permanent resident

vipush

May 27, 2020
You can not link the spousal application to the online account if you are a protected person. check this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

"In-Canada protected persons and convention refugees (excluding dependants’ applications)"

Dependent visa application finalizing normally takes one year from the date you became a permanent resident
Hi,
Thank you so much for your information. The last update in my wife's client application status tool is ' medical results have been received ' . No update after this. I think the next update will be medicals passed or not. Do you have any idea?

vipush

May 27, 2020
Hi@vipush
When did you become a permanent resident? are you a Protected person who became PR? When did your wife apply for the PR from Sri Lanka?
Hi@DBI
Thank you for replying. I am In-Canada protected person applied PR May 2019. Got PR status January 2022. My wife's PR application submitted to Colombo IRCC February 2022. Bio-metrics done on March 1, 2022 and medicals on MARCH 7, 2022. Medicals have been received by IRCC Colombo. Now my wife is awaiting for passport request letter. Wondering if she has to attend an interview before PPR letter?
Please keep in touch with me.

vipush

May 27, 2020
Hi @ DBI
I think we have to wait patiently until they send us PPR letter. Its going to be delayed due to the current situation. Any good news from your side?

vipush

May 27, 2020
Hi @ DBI,
Any news? Any of your friends got PPR letter. Colombo IRCC, are they issuing visa? I don't know how long we have to wait.