App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
They do not send you any documents to say your papers have been received, you essentially have to wait for them to process the application and for me it took about four months. You can try calling immigration maybe after a month or so , or you can check online to see which applications they are processing now, they normally process it by date and you can check this online using the "check application processing time" tools and you have to select "visitor extension".

GG kaur

Apr 18, 2016
Skadam said:
I got mine after 7 months and 15 days, I applied on Nov 3,2015 online. You should get yours very soon just keep praying
hii. . Did they add 7 months to ur extension or no.

hisaca

Sep 12, 2012
Hello Forumers,

Please a friend need an immigration consultant or lawyer who can assist him process work permit. Does anyone know any representative who handle that in Canada?

I will appreciate any suggestion. I have already recommended David Cohen, but he needs one or two more to make comparison.

Thanks.

Zeeshannawabi

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Hello is there any chance that paper application time will be change?
Paper application time will be reduese and online will be increase any chance?
Thanks in advace!!! B

Vern

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hello do I need to get temporary resident permit / Visa if I will extend my work permit? Do I need to it at the same time? Or can I just extend first my work permit?

Thank you

queenphoebe

Jul 7, 2016
Hello I have a question regarding restoration, I applied for work permit extension July 7 online they open it July 8, my work permit will expire on July 21 (as I don't/ Me & My employer don't know that you have to apply for work permit extension before you apply for Pr & OWP as we are waiting for my 24th month dis JULY 22..) We just knew this extension later on.. so I'm already expecting for my application to be refused and I've heard this restoration status.. WHAT IF?? They ask me to apply for restoration, do I still need to get a new LMIA for same employer? or no need? what else are they gonna need? ( I'M PREPARING ALREADY) :) THANK you so much..

pls GOD

Feb 2, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have received my ainp already n apply for federal pr on june 10th 2016 but my work permit is gonna expire on july 15 and my employer doesn't wanna go through an employer portal.so what should i do to extend my work permit?

pls share your experience or offer an advise

thansk

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
queenphoebe said:
Hello I have a question regarding restoration, I applied for work permit extension July 7 online they open it July 8, my work permit will expire on July 21 (as I don't/ Me & My employer don't know that you have to apply for work permit extension before you apply for Pr & OWP as we are waiting for my 24th month dis JULY 22..) We just knew this extension later on.. so I'm already expecting for my application to be refused and I've heard this restoration status.. WHAT IF?? They ask me to apply for restoration, do I still need to get a new LMIA for same employer? or no need? what else are they gonna need? ( I'M PREPARING ALREADY) :) THANK you so much..
Hi,

You can go on this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/territories-provinces.asp If you are nominated by the province, you are qualified for LMIA exempt... If you're not yet nominated, what you should have done is applied through paper application, you will benefit from the so-called 'implied status'. God bless...

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
pls GOD said:
Hello Everyone,

I have received my ainp already n apply for federal pr on june 10th 2016 but my work permit is gonna expire on july 15 and my employer doesn't wanna go through an employer portal.so what should i do to extend my work permit?

pls share your experience or offer an advise

thansk
Hi,

You need to convince your employer. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/territories-provinces.asp Tell him that your PR application will take 15 months and he/she will benefit from it because you're going to stay for another year to work in their company. Start building a good relationship with them and show some documents about processing time and the procedures about LMIA exempt and your PR application. God Bless you... :)

makcurly

Apr 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Done....
19-07-2016
Hi everyone,

I have applied for restoration of status as a visitor and open work permit in November,2015. I haven't heard anything yet from cic.
Currently i am under process for spousal sponsorship.

Had anyone been in this situation? I am confused what to do now.. :'(

TroyHL

Jul 18, 2016
hx7697 said:
My study permit extension got reject due to some silly mistake I made, so i have to apply for restoration. I just applied on Mar 28, hopefully i can get my paperwork back before the Fall term
Hi Just wonder have you got your restoration of you study permit back yet? How long it will take? And also I want to ask that I'm live very close to border, do you think I can go to the border to restoration my study permit?

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
hi on what basis we can apply restoration for work permit? is it only done for PNP or LMIA??

my work permit expired on June 21 and i want to apply for restoration on work permit or visitor visa before 90 days of my period.
Can you please help me what docs are required for visitor visa and is there any letter of explanation to be written for visitor visa as to explain anything to officer?

PLEASE HELP!!!

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
varinder1717 said:
hi on what basis we can apply restoration for work permit? is it only done for PNP or LMIA??

my work permit expired on June 21 and i want to apply for restoration on work permit or visitor visa before 90 days of my period.
Can you please help me what docs are required for visitor visa and is there any letter of explanation to be written for visitor visa as to explain anything to officer?

PLEASE HELP!!!
Satsriakal ,

Yes, within 90 days you should submit your WP Restoration application. PNP (support letter and nomination certificate) or LMIA. But if you do not have any application, I heard that some people are applying for visitors or student permit while waiting for nomination or while looking for another employer. God bless you. Shukriya! (I am not Punjabi but I have a lot of Punjab friends)

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
Do u know on what basis to restore status as visitor.. do i have need to submit any loe with my visitor application??

azure04 said:
Satsriakal ,

Yes, within 90 days you should submit your WP Restoration application. PNP (support letter and nomination certificate) or LMIA. But if you do not have any application, I heard that some people are applying for visitors or student permit while waiting for nomination or while looking for another employer. God bless you. Shukriya! (I am not Punjabi but I have a lot of Punjab friends)