+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

jxjxjx

Feb 5, 2015
I called CIC right away and my restoration is approved as well! It was on Feb 8th. The lady said it takes 8-10 business days to rcvd hard copy.

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt - Decision Made: 02/09/2016
I am not sure if anyone here had the same thing happen to them, but back in July 2014 my boyfriends BOWP got refused due to the change in processing fees during the immigration reform last year. He paid the old fee and was unaware of the additional 100.00 fee he had to pay, so needless to say, they refused his application and returned it to him leading to him having to quit his job right away and left him without a paycheck for the past 7 months. He applied for restoration and work permit in October. Yesterday he received an e-mail from CIC apologizing for their error. They are issuing him a work permit (which he doesn't even need now because 2 days before he got DM on his permanent residency) and are refunding him for the processing fees and application fees he had to pay. If anyone went through a similar situation, I suggest calling and/or e-mailing your MP. I called and called, and bugged and bugged, my father even called his MP to complain and within a couple of days PR was finalized and he received the apology e-mail. It would be nice if they reimbursed him for the 7 months of pay he lost but hey, beggers can't be choosers. This horrible experience his finally behind us.

bhagiwhat

Feb 1, 2016
j.lynnbrant1987 said:
I am not sure if anyone here had the same thing happen to them, but back in July 2014 my boyfriends BOWP got refused due to the change in processing fees during the immigration reform last year. He paid the old fee and was unaware of the additional 100.00 fee he had to pay, so needless to say, they refused his application and returned it to him leading to him having to quit his job right away and left him without a paycheck for the past 7 months. He applied for restoration and work permit in October. Yesterday he received an e-mail from CIC apologizing for their error. They are issuing him a work permit (which he doesn't even need now because 2 days before he got DM on his permanent residency) and are refunding him for the processing fees and application fees he had to pay. If anyone went through a similar situation, I suggest calling and/or e-mailing your MP. I called and called, and bugged and bugged, my father even called his MP to complain and within a couple of days PR was finalized and he received the apology e-mail. It would be nice if they reimbursed him for the 7 months of pay he lost but hey, beggers can't be choosers. This horrible experience his finally behind us.
Very similar! My PGWP was shorter than it was supposed to be (because my passport was expiring), and I had to therefore apply for an extension after my passport was renewed. I did this in June. In September, I found out my application was being returned to me because the rules had changed and I had paid $50 less. I had to re-apply for my extension, and since my old PGWP had expired at this point, I had lost my status and had to apply for a restoration. Extremely frustrating. Fortunately (I guess), I was already in between jobs so I didn't have to quit working. I obviously couldn't work anywhere else. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I called yesterday and they approved my PGWP last week (it's in the mail). I can't comment on whether the permit will include any apology/refund but I'm doubtful. I hadn't contacted my MP or anything, and don't have a concurrent ITA for PR. I definitely empathize with you for having to unnecessarily losing your status and having to wait to get it reinstated for something that wasn't clear. Although maybe you were refunded because they hadn't updated the changes on their website until after you/your boyfriend mailed in your application.

j.lynnbrant1987

Dec 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
11-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-28-2014
Med's Done....
Feb 6 2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt - Decision Made: 02/09/2016
That's correct. He send in his application before the fee adjustment. The letter he received from immigration did not state the addition $100.00 fee so he was completely unaware. I believe that is why they are refunding him. Still though, this should have happened 6 months ago....still I am thankful everything worked out. He almost had to leave Canada to go back home.

kye

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
12-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
14-12-2015
Passport Req..
April 22,2016!!
LANDED..........
Inland
No news? It's so difficult to track the application timeline.

axkb778me

Jan 15, 2016
I'm oct 4 applicant, paper, restoration for work permit, received new work permit on Feb 16, hope this update will help, good luck guys..

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
axkb778me said:
I'm oct 4 applicant, paper, restoration for work permit, received new work permit on Feb 16, hope this update will help, good luck guys..
hey congrats! finally over :)

kye

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
12-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
14-12-2015
Passport Req..
April 22,2016!!
LANDED..........
Inland
I applied online.I see it takes longer for applications submitted online

Kumar1988

Feb 19, 2016
I applied for status restoration as worker on Dec 22, 2015.

Can I go back home (India) and come back after work permit is approved? my friends can send work permit to me by post and so, I can get visa stamping in India before coming.

I am not sure this one works or not? any one have experience or idea about this kind of situation. However, I am going to call CIC agent in next week about this.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome and thanks.

kye

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
12-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
14-12-2015
Passport Req..
April 22,2016!!
LANDED..........
Inland
Kumar1988 said:
I applied for status restoration as worker on Dec 22, 2015.

Can I go back home (India) and come back after work permit is approved? my friends can send work permit to me by post and so, I can get visa stamping in India before coming.

I am not sure this one works or not? any one have experience or idea about this kind of situation. However, I am going to call CIC agent in next week about this.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome and thanks.
As far as a i know you can apply for restoration only when you are within Canada,the moment you leave you will lose your restoration status.I think if you leave Canada you can apply for work-permit inside your country,you don't need to restore the status(because you're not in Canada anymore therefore no status to restore) but you have to do all of this outside Canada.

Kumar1988

Feb 19, 2016
kye said:
As far as a i know you can apply for restoration only when you are within Canada,the moment you leave you will lose your restoration status.I think if you leave Canada you can apply for work-permit inside your country,you don't need to restore the status(because you're not in Canada anymore therefore no status to restore) but you have to do all of this outside Canada.
Hi Kye,

Sounds good and looks like you are right. Thanks for your comment.

king1990

Feb 22, 2016
Hello guys,
I need help. I am going through the similar issues of delay in restoration of Post graduate work permit cases. I graduated in March 21st, 2015 from Lambton college from my 2 years of Post graduate diploma and I filed my Postgraduate work permit papers on the 30th of March 2015. I paid $155. I got the reply on 13th July to pay extra $100. I took the action quickly and paid my fees, uploaded the receipt and submitted online. But they didn't send me any reply nor an email of my receipt submission. So I had to call on frequent occasions and ask them about my current process. The operator told me that they have refused my Post graduate work permit because they unable to get my $100 and file the new process under restoration section. I got the written statement on the 15th of September, stating my refusal and reason of refusal. They clearly mentioned that "Apply the restoration within 90 days from the expiry date of your Temporary residence visa." I filled my restoration of Post graduate visa on the 26th of September 2015. The total fees I had to pay was $455, include $155 work permit fees, $100 open work permit fees and $200 restoration fees.
I am in the panic situation and has no idea what is going to happen next. I ask if someone on this forum went through a similar situation like me or in the similar situation like me, please give me some idea about the situation and what may happen.
Thank you.

kye

Star Member
Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
Doc's Request.
18-01-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2014
AOR Received.
12-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
14-12-2015
Passport Req..
April 22,2016!!
LANDED..........
Inland
Anyone here received restoration/work permit?