+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCESSING TIME FOR RESTORATION OF STATUS/WORK PERMIT

gs litt

Aug 23, 2015
My application was refused on april 19 2016 due to not pay employer compliance fee
temprary status also expired on april 19, i was in usa i crossed the emerson Manitoba border on 21 april.
please note if you lost your status you cannot enter canada i apply work permit and restoration of status
on 26 april 2016. my work permit was valid till june 15 2016. I call cic and they told me that your status is
still valid 15 june 2016 and their is technical mistake in system about on 19 april 2016. Agent discuss with
immigration officer and told me immgration will return my $ 200 restoration fee. On may 11 my
application of work permit was approved

My time line is
received application 26 april 2016
approved on 11 may 2016

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Hey guys, maybe someone can offer some advice on my situation here - a bit complicated.

as probably seen ( as i have posted in this thread) I had to apply to restore my status after i could not extend my PGWP ( i was not aware I could not do so) so I sent in my application and it was received Jan 18tH. I applied to restore my status as a visitor as at the time I did not have the letter of acceptance from the university I wanted to go to. I received the letter of acceptance in March. I had contacted an MP to see if they could find out the status of my application, when I went to see her they told her I would hear back from them in a week, I waited and heard nothing back in the week they mentioned. I called the MP back and she checked again for me today and they told her they are working on Jan 11th applications and will prob get to the Jan 18th applications in a week or two. They also mentioned once they get to my application it may take up to 4 months!! for them to process it. This does not give me enough time to apply for my study permit which wil also take two months. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

My representative is advising me to just go ahead and apply for the study permit and include a letter explaining the situation with the restoration and the delay, we are hoping i will get the study permit back in time to start my masters on time. The issue is I may also be called out of the country for an interview (possibility) and if i do not have my restoration granted and if they don't issue me the study permit when they call me , I may not be able to get back into the country.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have to make my decision to send the study permit application before the end of the month.

please let me know what you think

hx7697

Apr 17, 2015
HoPe90 said:
Hey guys, maybe someone can offer some advice on my situation here - a bit complicated.

as probably seen ( as i have posted in this thread) I had to apply to restore my status after i could not extend my PGWP ( i was not aware I could not do so) so I sent in my application and it was received Jan 18tH. I applied to restore my status as a visitor as at the time I did not have the letter of acceptance from the university I wanted to go to. I received the letter of acceptance in March. I had contacted an MP to see if they could find out the status of my application, when I went to see her they told her I would hear back from them in a week, I waited and heard nothing back in the week they mentioned. I called the MP back and she checked again for me today and they told her they are working on Jan 11th applications and will prob get to the Jan 18th applications in a week or two. They also mentioned once they get to my application it may take up to 4 months!! for them to process it. This does not give me enough time to apply for my study permit which wil also take two months. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

My representative is advising me to just go ahead and apply for the study permit and include a letter explaining the situation with the restoration and the delay, we are hoping i will get the study permit back in time to start my masters on time. The issue is I may also be called out of the country for an interview (possibility) and if i do not have my restoration granted and if they don't issue me the study permit when they call me , I may not be able to get back into the country.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have to make my decision to send the study permit application before the end of the month.

please let me know what you think
I don't think your representative's idea is good. From my point of view, you could try flagpole at rainbow bridge ( if it's easier for you to get there). Many people did flagpole at rainbow bridge, and the officers working there knows this procedure. 2nd, try to delay your school's admission in case you couldn't get your paper back in time.

Good luck!!!

gs litt

Aug 23, 2015
Please do not go on port of entry one of my friend he was also in restoration of status, his consultant advice him go to Blaine border (bc) for renew work permit
The officer ask him for flagpoll ,when he came back after flaggpoll the immigration officer did not return his passport
and ask him bring the air ticket for his own country, after four days he return spain. According to law if you have application of restoration of status
you cannot leave the country untill decision is made on your application.

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gs litt said:
Please do not go on port of entry one of my friend he was also in restoration of status, his consultant advice him go to Blaine border (bc) for renew work permit
The officer ask him for flagpoll ,when he came back after flaggpoll the immigration officer did not return his passport
and ask him bring the air ticket for his own country, after four days he return spain. According to law if you have application of restoration of status
you cannot leave the country untill decision is made on your application.
That is so true. Dont go out of the country until they gave you the permit coz thats the legal document that you need to show why you need to be in Canada

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Thanks so much for all your advice. I think I will wait a bit longer to see if i can get it back before the end of June and if not I will try and delay my admission start date but this would be the second time so i do not know how successful it will be. I originaly gained admission for may then had to defer to september sooo this may be tricky and especially because it is a masters program not undergraduate.

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
gs litt said:
My application was refused on april 19 2016 due to not pay employer compliance fee
temprary status also expired on april 19, i was in usa i crossed the emerson Manitoba border on 21 april.
please note if you lost your status you cannot enter canada i apply work permit and restoration of status
on 26 april 2016. my work permit was valid till june 15 2016. I call cic and they told me that your status is
still valid 15 june 2016 and their is technical mistake in system about on 19 april 2016. Agent discuss with
immigration officer and told me immgration will return my $ 200 restoration fee. On may 11 my
application of work permit was approved

My time line is
received application 26 april 2016
approved on 11 may 2016
Congratulations... We can see that the enormous numbers of application will affect their efficiency. But I am happy that you did not wait that long. For me, I received a refusal on September 22, 2015. Submitted Restoration/Work Permit on October 9, 2015. Got my approval on April 2, 2016.

Vern

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hello, I would like to inquire about the renewal of work permit. My work permit will be expired on Dec 10 this year. When is the best time to submit the application for renewal and do I need to get another LMO for that. Thank you.

I know this is off topic, but can I also asked about when can we apply for PR under Live in caregiver program. Is it once you reach 24 months you can already apply for open work permit and PR?

Thank you

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vern said:
Hello, I would like to inquire about the renewal of work permit. My work permit will be expired on Dec 10 this year. When is the best time to submit the application for renewal and do I need to get another LMO for that. Thank you.

I know this is off topic, but can I also asked about when can we apply for PR under Live in caregiver program. Is it once you reach 24 months you can already apply for open work permit and PR?

Thank you
Best month to renew your extension work permit if you apply online november, but if paper you should apply by september coz processing by paper takes 3-4mos.

Then when you recieved your extension work permit thats the time you can apply for PR. Its up to you if you want 24mos or 3900 working hours

pr3tty

May 27, 2015
azure04 said:
Congratulations... We can see that the enormous numbers of application will affect their efficiency. But I am happy that you did not wait that long. For me, I received a refusal on September 22, 2015. Submitted Restoration/Work Permit on October 9, 2015. Got my approval on April 2, 2016.
I received refusal for my PGWP extension on October 6, 2015. Then submitted WP Restoration based on LMIA on November 8, 2015. It's been 6 months and 13 days but no reply until today :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
wow 6 months? have you called them to double check and see what is going?

Skadam

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-November-2015
AOR Received.
01-March-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Passport Req..
8-03-2017
I've applied for the work permit restoration on Nov 3,2015 online n haven't heard anything yet. It's close to 7 months n whenever I call them to find out they just give the same answer that it's under process. It is very stressful now n don't know what to do or whom to contact for help.

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
hey guys , good news!!! I got my restoration of status as a visitor approved last friday and will now go on to apply for my study permit for my masters. my application was delivered jan 18th!

Great news to start the week.

fol

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoPe90 said:
hey guys , good news!!! I got my restoration of status as a visitor approved last friday and will now go on to apply for my study permit for my masters. my application was delivered jan 18th!

Great news to start the week.
Congrats and goodluck :)

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016