+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing time for online study permit application from LA, USA-winter 2015

Rgud

Jul 17, 2014
I wanted to find out the average processing time for online study permit applications applied from Los Angeles. The website says 10 weeks. Is it actually taking so many weeks? And did anyone applying from USA have to go for medical testing?

I will be applying next week and my classes start on Jan 7th, 2015.

I am originally from India, I think the processing time from India is less. Would you suggest I apply from India instead? Is there a higher chance to get acceptance if I apply from USA?

I would appreciate all feedback.

Thanks

Rocker117

Aug 28, 2014
Usa will take 10 weeks so be prepared for long wait. ..I am not sure abt india processing time..good luck

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Rgud said:
I wanted to find out the average processing time for online study permit applications applied from Los Angeles. The website says 10 weeks. Is it actually taking so many weeks? And did anyone applying from USA have to go for medical testing?

I will be applying next week and my classes start on Jan 7th, 2015.

I am originally from India, I think the processing time from India is less. Would you suggest I apply from India instead? Is there a higher chance to get acceptance if I apply from USA?

I would appreciate all feedback.

Thanks

Apply from USA, I did the same..chances are good and also aproved in 1 month

if u have stayed in US for continous 1yr..then no medicals..

luckyBoy

Star Member
May 3, 2014
Rgud said:
Thank you for the information, Could you tell me when you applied?

Applied online Sept 26th, received PP request on Oct last week,then submitted personally , 2maro or day after ll recieve stamped PP

Rgud

Jul 17, 2014
Finally got the approval and passport request in 2 weeks. I should be getting my passport back anytime this week.

I have another question re: spousal work permit.

My husband is currently on visit visa in Canada and I would like to add him as a dependent. It is my understanding that spousal dependents get open work permit for the duration of my stay in Canada. Due to a personal situation we are planning on leaving to India next week. My question is can he come back on visit visa and explain the immigration officer at the border about extending the stay by applying for an open work permit while being in Canada ? Will it cause any problems for him if he did that ?

I have read several forums where I got mixed reviews, so I just want to make sure I understand if there is any issue doing this. Please let me know.

dheeshamehta

Apr 13, 2015
I had applied for study permit from USA on 25th of February, but still i haven't received any response from the embassy. I had submitted all the mandatory forms which were mandatory. But i could not submit any of my educational documents, do i need to submit that or should i wait for consultancy to ask for it ? Can you tell me how much time should i still have to wait ?

dheeshamehta

Apr 13, 2015
I had submitted my online application for study permit from USA (Houston, Texas) it has been 4 weeks but i still have not received any change in my status. How long it will take cic to come to a final decision ? And i have to report on 4 th of may as per the instruction given by college. I dont know what to do please help someone.

fcabrales

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
dheeshamehta said:
I had submitted my online application for study permit from USA (Houston, Texas) it has been 4 weeks but i still have not received any change in my status. How long it will take cic to come to a final decision ? And i have to report on 4 th of may as per the instruction given by college. I dont know what to do please help someone.
Hello, How long did your application take?

flash222

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Canada
Finally got the approval and passport request in 2 weeks. I should be getting my passport back anytime this week.

I have another question re: spousal work permit.

My husband is currently on visit visa in Canada and I would like to add him as a dependent. It is my understanding that spousal dependents get open work permit for the duration of my stay in Canada. Due to a personal situation we are planning on leaving to India next week. My question is can he come back on visit visa and explain the immigration officer at the border about extending the stay by applying for an open work permit while being in Canada ? Will it cause any problems for him if he did that ?

I have read several forums where I got mixed reviews, so I just want to make sure I understand if there is any issue doing this. Please let me know.
i know this is quite late.. but i just want to ask, where did you apply your study permit? did u apply in India? did your husband apply for open work permit at the port of entry?