+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing in Buenos Aires?

looped05

Oct 5, 2012
Huxley1234 said:
When they requested the passport do they ask you to pay for shipping or postage? I think they usually ship it unless you asked them to pick it up in person at the VO.

We sent ours in the office in person, and we picked it up, all in under 5 days!

Send the baires office an email. They are pretty quick to respond.
Yeah i had to mail it cause i don't live in baires, but my passport got there in a day. Hopefully they mail it to me soon. i just sent them an email!

This is sooooo frustrating! i just want them to at least reply to me!

Huxley1234

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
looped05 said:
Yeah i had to mail it cause i don't live in baires, but my passport got there in a day. Hopefully they mail it to me soon. i just sent them an email!

This is sooooo frustrating! i just want them to at least reply to me!
Right - but did they ask you to provide a return postage package? Like a pre-paid Fedex or UPS thing...so that they can send you back your documents?Read the letter they sent you again and see what it was asking for. If they wanted you to include postage to mail it back, but you didn't, they won't have anyway to send it back to you. And there will be a delay.

Where is your mailing address that they have on file? How far from BA are you?

I've had luck emailing the VO. Hopefully they let you know what's up

looped05

Oct 5, 2012
Huxley1234 said:
Right - but did they ask you to provide a return postage package? Like a pre-paid Fedex or UPS thing...so that they can send you back your documents?Read the letter they sent you again and see what it was asking for. If they wanted you to include postage to mail it back, but you didn't, they won't have anyway to send it back to you. And there will be a delay.

Where is your mailing address that they have on file? How far from BA are you?

I've had luck emailing the VO. Hopefully they let you know what's up
EVERYONE! so yesterday i got sent an email to baires about the whole passport issue and today i got an email saying that my visa has been issued that they will mail my passport back.....does this mean the visa has been approved?!?!?!

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
Yessssssssss :)

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
Congrats looped05, so how long did the process take once Buenos Aires VO received your file?

looped05

Oct 5, 2012
william coates said:
Congrats looped05, so how long did the process take once Buenos Aires VO received your file?
They started my process in Buenos Aires, Argentina on October 15, 2012.

They asked for my passport on November 8th and I'm getting my passport next week in the mail.

I cannot believe i'm finally done! It feels great i hope everyone applying in baires get everything done soon!

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
hi Looped05,
looped05 said:
They started my process in Buenos Aires, Argentina on October 15, 2012.

They asked for my passport on November 8th and I'm getting my passport next week in the mail.

I cannot believe i'm finally done! It feels great i hope everyone applying in baires get everything done soon!
Is October 15th when they sent you acknowledgement that they had recieved your file from CIC mississauga? How long did the whole process take from mailing your application to mississauga? Just trying to figure out a time line on how fast they are processing applications. The buenos aires vo has 14 months to complete the process once they recieve the application which seems a long time...

looped05

Oct 5, 2012
william coates said:
hi Looped05,Is October 15th when they sent you acknowledgement that they had recieved your file from CIC mississauga? How long did the whole process take from mailing your application to mississauga? Just trying to figure out a time line on how fast they are processing applications. The buenos aires vo has 14 months to complete the process once they recieve the application which seems a long time...
The first part was really fast my husband got cleared pretty quickly so he was able to sponsor me (we applied in November). Then on january 9th they said that they received my application in buenos aires. Didn't hear anything until August, i had to redo my medical and background checks again because they expired. When i sent in all the documents that they asked i heard back from them on October 15th saying my application was now in process. They asked for my passport in november, and then right away they told me i had to pay The Right of Permanent Resident fee....paid it and had to wait until now when i emailed them asking if i had to pick up my passport and then BOOM they told me that my visa was issued.

malirca

Star Member
Mar 10, 2011
Miami, FL
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2011
AOR Received.
July 7, 2011 stating application received in VO June 24, 2011
File Transfer...
June 14, 2011
Med's Done....
04-04-2011 Redone Sept. 11, 2013
Passport Req..
April 16, 2013
LANDED..........
Hoping to be As Soon as Possible :)
}ongratulations on the visa. it was pretty quick.... ur lucky. we,ve been going since april 2011 and im really losing hope. its defintely affecting our relationship and pulling us apart..... enjoy canada and the beauty the country has to offer

Huxley1234

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malirca said:
}ongratulations on the visa. it was pretty quick.... ur lucky. we,ve been going since april 2011 and im really losing hope. its defintely affecting our relationship and pulling us apart..... enjoy canada and the beauty the country has to offer
I'm so sorry to hear this. Why do you think it's taking this long for you guys?

I know how hard it can be on relationships, but don't give up hope now. You guys can make this work if you try! We've all been there.

claudiaj

Jan 18, 2013
Hello! I'm new in the forum.

We still haven't sent in my application because we're getting married in June. Not sure what to expect from the BA VO timeline since they mention 14 months.

Does anyone know if it would make the application go faster if I go live in Canada after we get married? I know I can't work but I can go visit my husband with my tourist visa.

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
claudiaj said:
Hello! I'm new in the forum.

We still haven't sent in my application because we're getting married in June. Not sure what to expect from the BA VO timeline since they mention 14 months.

Does anyone know if it would make the application go faster if I go live in Canada after we get married? I know I can't work but I can go visit my husband with my tourist visa.
I don't think going to live in Canada would speed up the process. If you apply while living in Canada it would be an inland application which takes longer. You would have to remain in Canada while the application was being processed as well. If you apply from Buenos Aires it would be an outland process which is usually quicker because CIC knows you are apart from your husband, and they try to reunite families as quick as possible. The 14 month process time for Buenos Aires is an average time for the majority of applications. But an application could be processed in as little as 4 months. The other thing to take into account is that the Buenos Aires VO also handles PR applications from Paraguay and Uruguay as well. I would think that applications from these two countries would take longer to process as the VO officer handling the applications would have to verify the information, whereas the applications from BS AS would be quicker for the simple fact it would be an easier process to verify the information in the same country. of course this is my observation and only the VO knows for sure how long things will take... :)

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
This forum is awful quiet these days. Nobody have any updates????

bonnie19

Jul 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
My OCAS says

We started processing your application on November 7, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

but we still haven't heard anything from them!

Anyone with some good news? :)