Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that really sucks! I am sorry to hear that and I hope we can avoid the same fate!

question about medicals: do they tell you you need to go get a new one after it expires, or are you just being dillgent?

also, they are good for 12 months right? what about police records... do those need to be renewed too?

bonnie19

Jul 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Hey is anyone out there having any luck? My file was transferred to Buenos Aires in August. The website was just updated to 14 months for the visa office in Argentina! Feels so far away! Anyone have any updates to give the rest of us some hope!

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
I don't know if this helps or not but the processing times for Buenos Aires are just averages. There are cases that have been processed in as little as 3-6 months. You only need a couple of problem applications to scew up the average. I am also sponsering my wife through the buenos aires office but my application was only delivered to CIC Mississuaga Nov 8 and I havn't recieved approval yet. I have also been scanning this forum for other buenos aires applicants and there don't seem to be too many at all which might make your process move along quickly providing yuou have everything in order. It would be interesting to know how fast they move with your application with the 14 months having been posted on CIC.

bonnie19

Jul 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
ya that gives me some hope! my application was sent in end of june but wasnt accepted until end of august in the missisauga CIC! but im sure you'll hear back soon because things are going a bit faster for them to process now! :)

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
Has anyone here come across a spreadsheet for applicants applying through the Buenos Aires VO? From what I have found there really dosn't seem to be many people at all who go through the Buenos Aires VO which makes me wonder why they have 14 months to process applications?

looped05

Oct 5, 2012
HEY guys my VO office is in buenos aires as well as everyone on this thread!

i have a question about the passport request.

They asked me to send my passport and i did on the 8th of novemeber...i got an email on the 9th asking to pay for the Right of Permanent resident fee...
i did on the 15th of november...
i still haven't gotten an email or anything. Do you guys think they'll give me my passport soon and also after paying the right of permanent resident is my visa approved?

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
Hi Looped05,
First off congrats on getting the passport request. You should get you passport anyday now. It is probably held up until the office processes your payment. You paid it on the 15th but it still takes time for it to go through the system. Providing your medical hasn't expired I would imagine they will process your visa as well. They ask for your passport to insure that it is up to date and okay for traval prior to issuing you your visa. One question,,,,,how long did it take the Buenos Aires VO to process your application after they had recieved it. I seen on the CIC website that processing times for Buenos Aires was now at 14 months.

looped05

Oct 5, 2012
william coates said:
Hi Looped05,
First off congrats on getting the passport request. You should get you passport anyday now. It is probably held up until the office processes your payment. You paid it on the 15th but it still takes time for it to go through the system. Providing your medical hasn't expired I would imagine they will process your visa as well. They ask for your passport to insure that it is up to date and okay for traval prior to issuing you your visa. One question,,,,,how long did it take the Buenos Aires VO to process your application after they had recieved it. I seen on the CIC website that processing times for Buenos Aires was now at 14 months.

I did my medical in august so it hasn't expired yet. This is what it says on my ecas:

We received your application for permanent residence on January 6, 2012.

We started processing your application on October 15, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

do they mail you your passport back or do i have to go pick it up in buenos aires?

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
Hi Looped05'
I would assume that they would send your passport to the address supplied on the applicants application. As you are applying outland and using a the buenos aires VO the passport would be sent to the buenos aires address... Of course if you indicated the option to pick up the passport it could be waiting for you in the Buenos Aires VO...Why not call them monday and confirm what is going on.. I am sure it isn't anything to worry about.. :D

Huxley1234

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So we just received a letter from our VO here in Argentina too. They asked us to send in her Passport, and a few photos. There was a few confusing things about it near the end:

"Please note:
Your visa will be issued after reception of your documents and will be valid to enter Canada until March 26, 2013 (which is the validity date of your passport). If you renew your passport, your visa will be valid to enter Canada until July 06, 2013 (validity of your medical exam)."

What is this saying? What is this deadline to "enter" Canada? Is that her deadline to come and "land" in this country? Is she able to return to Argentina to finish a school semester after coming to Canada... if so; how long and what exactly happens once she enters Canada.

Next it says:

"Remember that once the visa is issued, the passport cannot be renewed and the visa cannot be re- printed."

But we also only have 15 days to send them the documents they require. This means it's going to be impossible to renew the Passport before we hand this in, and thus, our Visa will only be good until March. Correct?

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
Huxley1234 said:
So we just received a letter from our VO here in Argentina too. They asked us to send in her Passport, and a few photos. There was a few confusing things about it near the end:

"Please note:
Your visa will be issued after reception of your documents and will be valid to enter Canada until March 26, 2013 (which is the validity date of your passport). If you renew your passport, your visa will be valid to enter Canada until July 06, 2013 (validity of your medical exam)."

What is this saying? What is this deadline to "enter" Canada? Is that her deadline to come and "land" in this country? Is she able to return to Argentina to finish a school semester after coming to Canada... if so; how long and what exactly happens once she enters Canada.

Next it says:

"Remember that once the visa is issued, the passport cannot be renewed and the visa cannot be re- printed."

But we also only have 15 days to send them the documents they require. This means it's going to be impossible to renew the Passport before we hand this in, and thus, our Visa will only be good until March. Correct?
hi Huxley1234
I assume you are talking about the renewel of an Argentine passport which can be done in under a week if you use one of the new express kiosks. The visa is good until the expiriy of your passport or medical. Whichever comes first. Once you land in canada and recieve your PR documents you can come an go as often as you wish providing that you spend and accumulated time of at least two years in a five year period. If you check on the CIC website they have a section on this which is fairly clear on your options...

looped05

Oct 5, 2012
So it's been a month and 3 days since i've sent my passport to Buenos Aires....
how long can they keep it for?! also do they email you saying that you were approved?

i'm getting really anxious....!

william coates

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
Eastyork Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
Doc's Request.
02-07-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-2-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-2-2013
looped05 said:
So it's been a month and 3 days since i've sent my passport to Buenos Aires....
how long can they keep it for?! also do they email you saying that you were approved?

i'm getting really anxious....!
Hi Looped05,
If they request your passport it is because you have stage two approval. They have to validate the passport before issuing you your PR visa. Where did you mail the passport from? They will also mail the passport back to you unless you request to pick it up.

looped05

Oct 5, 2012
william coates said:
Hi Looped05,
If they request your passport it is because you have stage two approval. They have to validate the passport before issuing you your PR visa. Where did you mail the passport from? They will also mail the passport back to you unless you request to pick it up.

I mailed it from Neuquen Capital, Argentina.
I don't really remember if i requested to pick it up or if they send it to me. How do i know what i requested?

Huxley1234

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When they requested the passport do they ask you to pay for shipping or postage? I think they usually ship it unless you asked them to pick it up in person at the VO.

We sent ours in the office in person, and we picked it up, all in under 5 days!

Send the baires office an email. They are pretty quick to respond.