+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process of Passport submission

deepakcanada2

May 17, 2016
HI There,

I applied for my parents' visa online on 22nd May 2016 and I got given below message on 1st of June.

"This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application."

I am wondering about the further process as we have to send passports to immigration Canada. However, as per direction in the letter, it shows that we have to give our passport to VFS center but I could not find the right process to submit it. Kindly help me with this. My parents live in New Delhi.

Also, I have a question about the duration of the visa as it is not mentioned in the letter but I read on the website as it would be for 10 years or depend on passport validity (There passport are valid until 2024), is it right ?

Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Your parents must submit their passports to the New Delhi VFS/CVAC office..... and not to the visa office directly.

More details are here: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/introduction.html

The validity of the TRV will depend on the assessment made by the visa officer.... it could be up to the validity of the passport.... and not a flat 10 years duration.... or it could be much shorter. You will know the validity of the TRV only after the processed passports are returned

Cheers