+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

procedural fairness letter from OINP for roles and responsibilties..pls help..

davobod

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for your detailed response. Thats really very helpful.

You mentioned after receiving we have 6 months to submit a completed application. Below is the excerpt from the page you mentioned. Thanks for it.
After you receive a Notification of Interest from Ontario through your IRCC online account, you have 6 months to submit your application to the OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream.

In my case i have already submitted an application within 6 months but due to drop in points the EE profile is now ineligible. It doesn't say that i have 6 months to submit completed application.

I was confused if i should let OINP know because they might just find a fair point to reject me. I somehow thought that my application would be almost there for nomination since it is over 60 days i submitted (19 July) and i have been in 'Decision in progress' stage since 17th Aug. I though i would be opening a can of worms and thought would be better to get nomination and then regularizing me score so they can take my case ahead. I am extremely worried that they would simply reject my case. Do you think they would hold all this up for one person like this. i have put my hard earned money in this so more concerned.

I am writing an email to them mentioning all this and my complete details. Is there anything that i should mention that they give me some time. I have already registered and paid for my wife's IELTS and the exam is on 14th oct. They need atleast 16 days to provide results. I will attach my wife's registration details. I somehow want to also know if there is anything else they need and want them to consider my nomination. Can i ask them if they have anything else needed apart frmo this and they can nominate me once i regularize all this.
You really have nothing to loose by doing this. You instead may be leaving issues to chances if you wait for them to be looking for your EE profile when trying to nominate you but discover that they can no longer see that you have a visible EE profile.

What are the possible outcome based on your situation?

(1.) Rejection, or

(2.) Understanding and consideration.

Be prepared for the worst but also hope for the best.

This is your best shot at appealing for their understanding and consideration.

The point is that your EE profile was eligible when you received NOI and also when you submitted your application.

If this occurred at IRCC stage, your details will have been locked and your application processed.

On it's own, your OINP application is not the issue, it's only that it's dependent on your EE profile which has become ineligible based on age changes which is a natural event.

Take the bold step and do a proper LOE explaining the situation and the fact that when you got the NOI and submitted your application, your profile was valid.

Then appeal to them, explaining that once you supply your spouse's IELTS which shouldn't have been required if not for the drop in point due to change in age, you'll be back to eligible status.

You'll be surprised that they may understand and delay finalizing your application so you can regularize.

itsmervv

Jun 30, 2017
You really have nothing to loose by doing this. You instead may be leaving issues to chances if you wait for them to be looking for your EE profile when trying to nominate you but discover that they can no longer see that you have a visible EE profile.

What are the possible outcome based on your situation?

(1.) Rejection, or

(2.) Understanding and consideration.

Be prepared for the worst but also hope for the best.

This is your best shot at appealing for their understanding and consideration.

The point is that your EE profile was eligible when you received NOI and also when you submitted your application.

If this occurred at IRCC stage, your details will have been locked and your application processed.

On it's own, your OINP application is not the issue, it's only that it's dependent on your EE profile which has become ineligible based on age changes which is a natural event.

Take the bold step and do a proper LOE explaining the situation and the fact that when you got the NOI and submitted your application, your profile was valid.

Then appeal to them, explaining that once you supply your spouse's IELTS which shouldn't have been required if not for the drop in point due to change in age, you'll be back to eligible status.

You'll be surprised that they may understand and delay finalizing your application so you can regularize.

Thanks @davobod, based on your suggestion I sent OINP an email mentioning my case and i will create a new EE profile. I got a response from them asking me to send them the email I got from IRCC and my new EE profile and Job Seeker code. I wonder if they read my email properly because they asked me my new EE profile number which I am to create after my wife's IELTS results. I have registered for my wife IELTS exam on 14 Oct. I am wondering if the emails are going to right hands. I am considering to call them.

itsmervv

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks a lot for your detailed response. Thats really very helpful.

You mentioned after receiving we have 6 months to submit a completed application. Below is the excerpt from the page you mentioned. Thanks for it.
After you receive a Notification of Interest from Ontario through your IRCC online account, you have 6 months to submit your application to the OINP under the Human Capital Priorities Stream.

In my case i have already submitted an application within 6 months but due to drop in points the EE profile is now ineligible. It doesn't say that i have 6 months to submit completed application.

I was confused if i should let OINP know because they might just find a fair point to reject me. I somehow thought that my application would be almost there for nomination since it is over 60 days i submitted (19 July) and i have been in 'Decision in progress' stage since 17th Aug. I though i would be opening a can of worms and thought would be better to get nomination and then regularizing me score so they can take my case ahead. I am extremely worried that they would simply reject my case. Do you think they would hold all this up for one person like this. i have put my hard earned money in this so more concerned.

I am writing an email to them mentioning all this and my complete details. Is there anything that i should mention that they give me some time. I have already registered and paid for my wife's IELTS and the exam is on 14th oct. They need atleast 16 days to provide results. I will attach my wife's registration details. I somehow want to also know if there is anything else they need and want them to consider my nomination. Can i ask them if they have anything else needed apart frmo this and they can nominate me once i regularize all this.
I used the Ask an Expert option on the OINP site to describe my case in addition to sending an email to OINP who in return asked me to send them the letter from IRCC and asked my new EE profile no and Job seeker code which i am yet to create after i get my wife's IELTS result after about 35 days or so. I described my case in that and below is the response i got.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

You may lose points under the Comprehensive Ranking System and the Federal Skilled Worker grid if you have a birthday between the time you receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) and the time a decision is made on your application. However, you will not be disqualified for nomination on that basis.

The OINP locks in your age on the date that your NOI from Ontario was sent. Therefore, the OINP will award points based on your age at the time of your NOI. However, please note that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will only lock in your age once you receive an Invitation to Apply.

Please note that you must remain eligible for Express Entry throughout the application process. If you become ineligible for Express Entry because of a change in age, the OINP will not be able to nominate you.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2nd last paragraph is a bit concerning where they say they cant nominate me because i am not an express entry candidate. They did not say in their response that if i regularize my fsw score and create a new EE profile they will consider my NOI and provide nomination.

davobod

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
I used the Ask an Expert option on the OINP site to describe my case in addition to sending an email to OINP who in return asked me to send them the letter from IRCC and asked my new EE profile no and Job seeker code which i am yet to create after i get my wife's IELTS result after about 35 days or so. I described my case in that and below is the response i got.
Thank you for your email correspondence to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) mailbox.

You may lose points under the Comprehensive Ranking System and the Federal Skilled Worker grid if you have a birthday between the time you receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) and the time a decision is made on your application. However, you will not be disqualified for nomination on that basis.

The OINP locks in your age on the date that your NOI from Ontario was sent. Therefore, the OINP will award points based on your age at the time of your NOI. However, please note that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will only lock in your age once you receive an Invitation to Apply.

Please note that you must remain eligible for Express Entry throughout the application process. If you become ineligible for Express Entry because of a change in age, the OINP will not be able to nominate you.

We hope this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for your email and for your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program |

The 2nd last paragraph is a bit concerning where they say they cant nominate me because i am not an express entry candidate. They did not say in their response that if i regularize my fsw score and create a new EE profile they will consider my NOI and provide nomination.
@itmervv if I am you, I wont load myself with tension and panic but with these information including clearly documented response from OINP, I'll just focus on helping my spouse prepare for the IELTS and trust result will be ready by October end.

What the OINP Expert said is exactly what I explained to you. It is technically not possible to complete your nomination if they don't see your active EE profile. And from their earlier email requesting those details...IRCC email, new EE profile & job seeker code, they are positively inclined to helping you regularize stuff. I wonder why you want to call again. You have all the answers and assurances that you can rely on, although not in the exact words you were expecting.

I believe that they have asked you to send the IRCC mail, your new EE profile number and job seeker code so that they can finalize your nomination on the new EE profile.

At least you now have it on record that you have proactively notified OINP and got their response so just focus on your own end and get the details to them as soon as you possibly can.

They didn't ask that you must send the details to them today. You must understand that they respond to thousands of emails daily and maybe unable to be as custom tailored as you desire.

Please take all these information in positive faith that they are waiting for you to update them with new details so that they can finalize your nomination and that's truly what it is. They've not said that they are closing your file. In the event that you mistakenly get any such notice before your new profile is ready, you can present your correspondences where they've asked you to send them your new details. That's the essence of what you have done as simple as it is.

Last edited:

itsmervv

Jun 30, 2017
@itmervv if I am you, I wont load myself with tension and panic but with these information including clearly documented response from OINP, I'll just focus on helping my spouse prepare for the IELTS and trust result will be ready by October end.

What the OINP Expert said is exactly what I explained to you. It is technically not possible to complete your nomination if they don't see your active EE profile. And from their earlier email requesting those details...IRCC email, new EE profile & job seeker code, they are positively inclined to helping you regularize stuff. I wonder why you want to call again. You have all the answers and assurances that you can rely on, although not in the exact words you were expecting.

I believe that they have asked you to send the IRCC mail, your new EE profile number and job seeker code so that they can finalize your nomination on the new EE profile.

At least you now have it on record that you have proactively notified OINP and got their response so just focus on your own end and get the details to them as soon as you possibly can.

They didn't ask that you must send the details to them today. You must understand that they respond to thousands of emails daily and maybe unable to be as custom tailored as you desire.

Please take all these information in positive faith that they are waiting for you to update them with new details so that they can finalize your nomination and that's truly what it is. They've not said that they are closing your file. In the event that you mistakenly get any such notice before your new profile is ready, you can present your correspondences where they've asked you to send them your new details. That's the essence of what you have done as simple as it is.
Thanks a lot @davobod for this guidance. I will keep you updated on what happens. I appreciate your insight to see the case with positive mind. You provided good clarity to me. Thanks again.

Reactions: davobod

rtbrfr

Jan 31, 2015
Thanks a lot @davobod for this guidance. I will keep you updated on what happens. I appreciate your insight to see the case with positive mind. You provided good clarity to me. Thanks again.
Hi itsmerv,

Dear any updates of your application. I am in same situation. Request for help from davobod or from anyone.