Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
This is Shadh Zaman, of Bangladesh , applying for a student permit in Canada. I have a few problems regarding filling the forms. I'll just bullet-point them for you guys' convenience :

.)Certain fields require me to write "current" in them , for example, the "to" in "current occupation" , but i can just write the dates in them. But i was able to write "current" in my citizenship status' date. How do i solve this?

.)The dates get jumbled; in the "month/mm" field in certain dates, if i write 03, it sometimes becomes "num {3}"

.)my postcode always seems to generate a dash at the end, mine is 1213, but after typing 1213, whnever i move to the next field, it becomes 1213-

.)I am currently working a menial , part time job, so obviously my sponsors are my parents. How do i fill in the family questionnaire?

.)I have never been into any Govt Jobs/ Military. Do I still have to fill in the 5257 (Schedle 1 Application for a TRV made outside Canada) ?

.)When a question has sub-parts,lets say for example question 8c has multiple fields and it is not applicable to me (i.e: previous occupation) , do i write N/A in all of them or just once?

Sorry for the silly questions. I am in a panic because it's my first time applying and I'm doing it on my own and getting a VISA from Bangladesh is more streneous than you can imagine.

FM001

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
Your Adobe reader version? sometimes, it is because of ur software problems. I entered 1213 after downloading application from CHC singapur, but no "_" appeared.

wait for other people's reply. Especually Bangladeshi fellows.

FM001

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
rather then writing "current" write the current date. Certain fields accept data in certain format.

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my adobe reader is the latest one downloaded a few days ago from filehippo (i usually use foxit , its lighter and more convenient....even that one is upgraded) ....should i downgrade it to a specific version? and i know i can just put the date im submitting the visa .... but isnt that , i dont know, misinformation ? "current" would indicate that im still there and a date would mean i left it at that date... i'm confused ... and i'm still having the date problems. Should i download the forms from a different source?

shadh

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so, changing the version of adobe reader worked... works fine with en edited version of the form with adobe reader 8.3 .... just one problem .... can i leave the "to" field blank in current occupation ?

FM001

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
I dont think you can leave it blank; After filling the form you would have to validate it. If you let it remain blank, an error would appear. Best thing is to write the current date.