+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problems applying for a study permit from Canada

winniemendes

Jan 8, 2015
Hi People, I really hope someone can help me cause I`m so worried! I came to Canada, with a visitor visa, to study a less than 6 months english course, but I decided to apply for a College, I was accepted and so I have applied for a student permit from inside Canada. The thing is that when I received a letter requesting me to submit my passport, I was oriented by the cic site to send it for the Vac in New York, and so following the instructions I did, I sent my passport, the requesting letter, and two xpresspost prepaid envelopes.
But now the NY Vac contacted me requesting to pay the vac fee, sent the consent form, and even tough I have already sent the prepaid return envelope they asked me to pay a prepaidairwaybill or to pay another fee for them to create a label. I sent a scanned copy for them to create the label, but they said that they can cause my address is on Canada - How crazy is that? Canada asked me to sent my passport for a Vac in the states that can`t even send a document to Canada
And now everytime I try to purchase the airwaybill, from all the links they sent to me like fedex, ups, usps, they asked me to pay with a credit card with an us address, so even all my credit cards are international I can`t purchase then online.
So now I`m in Canada, without my passport, and without my visa, and classes will start very soon.

Please, if someone can help or orient me

gkb8062

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you are already in canada, you fall under Inland Application and i don't think your application should be forwarded to Overseas VAC to process. your application should be processes Inland at Ottawa/ Sydney where applicable.

anyone on your behalf (if your your parents/relatives have debit/credit card) can pay for what they are asking to pay if you are facing the problem in payment...

or simply send them the email and ask for clarification or visit CIC in-person.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gkb8062 said:
if you are already in canada, you fall under Inland Application and i don't think your application should be forwarded to Overseas VAC to process. your application should be processes Inland at Ottawa/ Sydney where applicable.

anyone on your behalf (if your your parents/relatives have debit/credit card) can pay for what they are asking to pay if you are facing the problem in payment...

or simply send them the email and ask for clarification or visit CIC in-person.
1. Wrong the OP is a visitor in Canada, s/he has to apply for a study permit abroad. S/he appears not to have paid the VAC fee, (they don't do it for free)