+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem in Completing Requested Documents

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
Hello,

I am sponsoring my daughter to Canada. Can the experts please advise me if it would be better to withdraw my daughter's visa application instead of waiting for the decision to come out knowing we will not be able to complete some of the lacking requirements on time? We were already given an extension period but getting the other required documents would take much longer than the granted extension time. I also requested again for further extension and asked to please keep the file open until processing of the lacking documents are completed but they did not grant anymore further extension and said they would make a decision based on what information they have on file when the time lapses. They also said that failure to comply will likely result in a refusal of the application. Should I withdraw instead and file again? What would be the implication if I do this?

Looking forward to hear from the experts. Thank you in advance.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
How old is your daughter? And what documents can you not get?

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
She is 13 years old. She is adopted and some documents about her adoption are requested from us. Getting those will go beyond the deadline. Thanks.

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
Hello Seniors,

Can you please advise me on my dilemma?
Looking forward to hear from you, folks. Thanks.

msdaybreak said:
Hello,

I am sponsoring my daughter to Canada. Can the experts please advise me if it would be better to withdraw my daughter's visa application instead of waiting for the decision to come out knowing we will not be able to complete some of the lacking requirements on time? We were already given an extension period but getting the other required documents would take much longer than the granted extension time. I also requested again for further extension and asked to please keep the file open until processing of the lacking documents are completed but they did not grant anymore further extension and said they would make a decision based on what information they have on file when the time lapses. They also said that failure to comply will likely result in a refusal of the application. Should I withdraw instead and file again? What would be the implication if I do this?

Looking forward to hear from the experts. Thank you in advance.

tishness

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
AOR Received.
Part 1: 23-01-2015 Part 2: 24-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-01-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
1 Husband ETA - August 1, 2015!
I also needed an extension for a police clearance, my understanding for the powers that be on here, is that extensions are usually granted if you request them, but provide reasons why you need an extension. I think if you ask for more extensions, for good reasons, they will likely be given

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
tishness said:
I also needed an extension for a police clearance, my understanding for the powers that be on here, is that extensions are usually granted if you request them, but provide reasons why you need an extension. I think if you ask for more extensions, for good reasons, they will likely be given
Thank you for your reply. I mentioned the reasons before when I asked for another extension. They said they will not give further extension. (They already gave a 90-day extension.) I tried again today and I hope they will understand that the documents they are requiring are coming soon but just taking time. It's already in process and I do not have control over it right now. I can just pray that it arrives soon.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
msdaybreak said:
Thank you for your reply. I mentioned the reasons before when I asked for another extension. They said they will not give further extension. (They already gave a 90-day extension.) I tried again today and I hope they will understand that the documents they are requiring are coming soon but just taking time. It's already in process and I do not have control over it right now. I can just pray that it arrives soon.
Did it say, "Please submit all requested information immediately. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application may be assessed on the basis of the information that we have and I may refuse your application."? If so, that is just a standard form letter.

While they could assess your application based on what they have, whether they actually will depends on a lot of factors. Up to a point, they will make allowances. You can also hope that they don't get back to check your file again quite as quickly as when they are threatening to do so. They asked for several documents from us by some date in August, then for two documents still outstanding by November 15. We explained the delays and actually mailed off the last document about November 26. Eventually, the application was approved.

There is never a guarantee, but I don't think they will usually refuse an application for lack of documents unless they deem your application to be abandoned. As long as you have a good explanation that the documents are still on the way, there is probably a good chance they will wait some reasonable amount of time after the requested date before actually giving up on you. That's a lot of "probably" and "usually" but I would not cancel your application if I were you. Good luck in getting the documents to them before they make any rash decisions.

msdaybreak

Sep 14, 2014
BeShoo said:
Did it say, "Please submit all requested information immediately. No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application may be assessed on the basis of the information that we have and I may refuse your application."? If so, that is just a standard form letter.

While they could assess your application based on what they have, whether they actually will depends on a lot of factors. Up to a point, they will make allowances. You can also hope that they don't get back to check your file again quite as quickly as when they are threatening to do so. They asked for several documents from us by some date in August, then for two documents still outstanding by November 15. We explained the delays and actually mailed off the last document about November 26. Eventually, the application was approved.

There is never a guarantee, but I don't think they will usually refuse an application for lack of documents unless they deem your application to be abandoned. As long as you have a good explanation that the documents are still on the way, there is probably a good chance they will wait some reasonable amount of time after the requested date before actually giving up on you. That's a lot of "probably" and "usually" but I would not cancel your application if I were you. Good luck in getting the documents to them before they make any rash decisions.
Thank you, BeShoo. Yes, those were the exact words! It's been ringing inside my head ever since I got this message from them. What a relief to read your reply. Thank you once again.