+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Private Sponsored Refugees After Medical Examination

Mrrefugee

Jan 31, 2023
Hello everyone. Do they ask for a police clearance to everybody? If so is it before "decision made" or after it? And i'm i the one who bring it to them from the police or they can check it by themselves because they already took my fingerprint and other biographical data. BTW I'm a refugee and it's been exactly 23 days since my status on ECAS changed to "decision made" and i heard nothing from no one. Should i send them an email? Thanks for your help.

amanofadam

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Hello everyone. Do they ask for a police clearance to everybody? If so is it before "decision made" or after it? And i'm i the one who bring it to them from the police or they can check it by themselves because they already took my fingerprint and other biographical data. BTW I'm a refugee and it's been exactly 23 days since my status on ECAS changed to "decision made" and i heard nothing from no one. Should i send them an email? Thanks for your help.
No I don't you need police clearance in my understanding, you just need to pass the background check. If your status shows decision made then maybe you should ask your sponsors if he has received confirmation email

Reactions: Mrrefugee

Mrrefugee

Jan 31, 2023
Hello everyone. 2 months after my medical and 28 days after my ECAS status changed to "decision made" i was contacted by iom yesterday and asked to bring photo and copy of my UNHCR card for today and i went this morning and they took the copies. Does this mean it's over? The iom staff told me the copies are needed for closing my UNHCR file because i will soon receive my PR card.

Reactions: Niyuba

Mrrefugee

Jan 31, 2023
Hello everyone. 2 months after my medical and 28 days after my ECAS status changed to "decision made" i was contacted by iom yesterday and asked to bring photo and copy of my UNHCR card for today and i went this morning and they took the copies. Does this mean it's over? The iom staff told me the copies are needed for closing my UNHCR file because i will soon receive my PR card.
Thank God for this update. Do you guy's think he is telling me the truth? If so what is next?

amanofadam

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
That sound like a good step, maybe Iom IOM is arranging your travel ✈

Reactions: Mrrefugee

Niyuba

Star Member
Jan 26, 2022
The photo is needed for your Travel document and eCoPR and UNHCR card is needed for to apply exit permit (document issued by the government of your Asylum country to allow you to leave the country)