+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Private health insurance for 3 months, Is there a need?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Just because an accident never happened to you before doesn't mean that it wont ever happen, for example sometime in the next 3 months. An accident doesn't always happen because you are careless. It can also happen through the fault of someone else.

You may feel that it is a waste of money getting insurance. I feel that it gives me the safety that if something happens, I am not going to be thousands in debt. The OP has to decide for themselves.
Yes I agree but just because an accident never happened dosent mean that it will happen. Like I said before the odds are in ones favour. However just cause people just go postal about travel insurance the insurance company knows it and this is an opportunity to make money off people based on their fear. Regardless of what happens to you the insurance company will make money. For example: Just cause I didnt get into an accident that requires hospitalization in 35 years does not mean that I cannot get into an accident BUT that also means I can also not be in an accident that requires hospitalization. Its ultimately the OPs call. But I am just speaking my mind that insurance is a total waste of money. I rather pay out $5000 or $10000 in the unlikely event if I ever do get into an accident rather than having to buy insurance for hundreds of dollars every time I go on vacation and nothing happens to me. Now if insurance was affordable for people like maybe $2/day then maybe I'd think about it. Lemme give you an example, lets say I travel atleast 5 times in a year each trip lasting 2 weeks. Thats a total of 10 weeks. Lets say I am paying $50/day that would be that would be 10weeks x 7days in a week x $50/day. Thats a whoppin $3500!! for what! fear that something potentially "might"happen to you????? How about the insurance company return atleast 50% of that money if something dosen't happen to me? Isnt that fair to ask? Is this really a way to live? Its justifiable if you are in some risky kind of business I rather opt out of such ridiculous cost. $2 a day for travel insurance is manageable anything above is highway robbery. Lets be realistic and practical we all need money so that we can enjoy life, not waste money by living in fear of having an accident.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
newtone said:
Now if insurance was affordable for people like maybe $2/day then maybe I'd think about it. Lemme give you an example, lets say I travel atleast 5 times in a year each trip lasting 2 weeks. Thats a total of 10 weeks. Lets say I am paying $50/day that would be that would be 10weeks x 7days in a week x $50/day. Thats a whoppin $3500!! f
You are severely misinformed. Health insurance IS around $2 per day. A typical policy will cost you $50 per MONTH, not day.

Also I assume you similarly have zero life insurance policies in force, for the same reason.

A close family member of mine went on vacation a while ago, declined any insurance, and ended up with a $10K hospital bill which the rest of the family all chipped in for. For the relatively low cost, it is worth the gamble considering when on vacation ANYTHING can happen.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You assumed wrong I do have life insurance simply because death is guaranteed but accidents aren't. Since prices of insurance in Canada are so overly inflated I'll think about the travel insurance of $2 a day or $50/month next time I go on vacation. It will be nice to know where you got the $50/month rate because I've never heard of that generous price. Care to share?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
newtone said:
You assumed wrong I do have life insurance simply because death is guaranteed but accidents aren't.
So yes a whole life policy would make sense in that case.

I assume then you have no term or mortgage insurance, since that would be more a temporary insurance only.

. It will be nice to know where you got the $50/month rate because I've never heard of that generous price. Care to share?
My wife before she had OHIP, got a policy for a few months via the Kanetix link I posted in the previous page here. It cost in the $50-$60 range per month for the most basic policy.
Also at another time we did a 1 week trip to Mexico and she got a policy then also, which cost something like $10-$15 total.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
So yes a whole life policy would make sense in that case.

I assume then you have no term or mortgage insurance, since that would be more a temporary insurance only.

My wife before she had OHIP, got a policy for a few months via the Kanetix link I posted in the previous page here. It cost in the $50-$60 range per month for the most basic policy.
Also at another time we did a 1 week trip to Mexico and she got a policy then also, which cost something like $10-$15 total.
Yes, you assumed right, no term insurance, I've made other arrangements as a substitute that has nothing to do with insurance.

Thank you for the reference I'll check it out.