+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary Noc

Nirav vaviya

Mar 13, 2024
Greetings everyone,

I'm applying for Express Entry in Canada with a CRS score of 484 and only 6 months left on my PGWP. Given the current high cut-off scores, getting an ITA through the general pool seems unlikely. My experience in India aligns with NOC 21300 (Civil Engineer), which falls under the beneficial STEM category. However, my current Canadian experience is as a Civil Engineering Technologist/Technician (NOC 2231).
Which NOC should I choose as my primary NOC and why?

Thanks in advance!

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-11-2023
Greetings everyone,

I'm applying for Express Entry in Canada with a CRS score of 484 and only 6 months left on my PGWP. Given the current high cut-off scores, getting an ITA through the general pool seems unlikely. My experience in India aligns with NOC 21300 (Civil Engineer), which falls under the beneficial STEM category. However, my current Canadian experience is as a Civil Engineering Technologist/Technician (NOC 2231).
Which NOC should I choose as my primary NOC and why?

Thanks in advance!
You can divide your experience into two parts. For Indian experience, NOC 21300 (Civil Engineer) get a job reference letter from your employer, and for the second part, get a separate job reference letter under Civil Engineering Technologist/Technician (NOC 2231)

Nirav vaviya

Mar 13, 2024
You can divide your experience into two parts. For Indian experience, NOC 21300 (Civil Engineer) get a job reference letter from your employer, and for the second part, get a separate job reference letter under Civil Engineering Technologist/Technician (NOC 2231)
Thank you so much for your response.
I’m not quite aware of how to divide NOC into two, as in express entry profile they are asking for primary NOC only once. Could you please help me?

helenaD

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your response.
I’m not quite aware of how to divide NOC into two, as in express entry profile they are asking for primary NOC only once. Could you please help me?
You can put either one as primary NOC. - , it won't matter. You'll still be eligible for STEM draw - as long as you list more than 6 months work experience in one of the listed NOC's within past 3 yrs.

Nirav vaviya

Mar 13, 2024
You can put either one as primary NOC. - , it won't matter. You'll still be eligible for STEM draw - as long as you list more than 6 months work experience in one of the listed NOC's within past 3 yrs.
Thanks,
Back home in India, I worked from June 2017 to December 2018, will I be still eligible for STEM?

helenaD

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks,
Back home in India, I worked from June 2017 to December 2018, will I be still eligible for STEM?
No - if that's your only experience in a STEM NOC - the 6 months experience must be within past 3 yrs, so would now need to be after April 2021.