+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Primary applicant and Province selection for express entry

Ankur25

Nov 12, 2014
Dear All,
Please help me in below mentioned queries/ confusions regarding express entry:-

OUR PROFILES:- Myself [6+ years experienced QA/QC engineer in India, B TECH Mechanical Engineering] and my wife [5 years experienced Software quality analyst in India, B TECH Mechanical Engineering]

1) Which profile of above do you think suits better as primary applicant [Both of us scored equally in IELTS and hence we score around same CRS points i.e around 430 points].

2) Just to add that i had applied for BCPNP program sponsored by an employer in vancouver but somehow processing times increased drastically hence employer took back support from my application and hence PNP profile was closed. Does this make any difference in case i make myself primary applicant?

3) I have noticed that eligibility questionnaire asks for specific experience in NOC codes related to Mechanical streams like technical jobs in field of natural resources etc [ NOC codes starting 7XXX or 8XXX]. Myself being mechanical engineer have experience in these field. Should i consider that in deciding our primary applicant?

4) Being at the bottom line of CRS points grid [Around 430 points]; I am confused whether to select all provinces during filling up of express entry application or stick to the provinces of my interest [i.e Where i can find good job opportunities].

I would appreciate if someone can help me in deciding these.

Regards,
Ankur