29-08-2016
Med's Request
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017 (passed in mycic July 10)
LANDED..........
19-09-2017
Hi,
When completing my application late last year, I noted that I had worked in a government position (as an elementary school teacher).
CIC is now requesting additional documents/information:

Our records indicate that you and/or your dependant(s) had previously held a government position(s) - includes police service, if applicable. Complete the attached form titled 'Details of Police Service and Government Positions' with the details of this(these) position(s). The information must include the following:
1. A detailed resume describing your government service career progression.
2. A completed Schedule A: Background/Declaration form (IMM5669) with detailed information on the government positions you have held.
3. Specific start and end dates for each position with no gaps.
4. Your title and rank, if applicable, for each position.
5. The supervisor and/or commanding officers for each position (include name, title, rank).
6. The number of personnel you supervised during each position.
7. The locations of employement for each position.
8. A description of your roles and responsibilities for each position.
9. The type and designation of unit, department, branch or ministry you served with for each position.
10. The method of recruitment (voluntary or mandatory service).
11. Detailed resume describing the applicant's personal history (academic / professional) for the past ten years.

I'm confused mostly about points 1 & 11, what do they mean by 'resume'? Most of this information is already in the Schedule A (that I already submitted but will submit again), and Questions 3-10 are outlined in the Details of Police Service and Government Positions form they sent me.

Has anyone else filled these out??
Thanks to anyone that can help :)

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
I could be wrong, but I assumed that by a government position, they meant with an actual government agency- not necessarily as a public worker?

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
It is, but it gets murky.

"List any government positions (such as civil servant, judge, police officer, employee in a security organization) you have held."

Under an expansive view, teachers at public schools are part of the (greater) civil service. It depends how you look at it.

Jodie0982

Oct 23, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
Med's Request
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
19-09-2017
I was advised by an immigration agent to list it, "it can't hurt" is what he told me, but it seems to have just caused more bother.
Surely I can't be the only "civil servant" to have ticked that box?
It's done now, I was just hoping to see what others had sent back after receiving this?

S

sutyfornow

I could be wrong, but I assumed that by a government position, they meant with an actual government agency- not necessarily as a public worker?
So public worker should add employment or government in personal history

Jodie0982

Oct 23, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
Med's Request
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
19-09-2017
Any updates what you provided and how it went?
I haven't got much feedback to give... additional documents have been uploaded to my file, but I don't know if it was sufficient or not.
For Q1 I ended up just giving a timeline of my employment; dates of when I started, promotions, resignation, etc.
I re-submitted my schedule A, even though I'd sent one originally with my application and I filled out the form as best I could, it was mainly aimed at military and police service so I ended up putting things like my principal instead of my commanding office, etc. I believe that covered Q's 3-10 (I hope so anyway) And then for Q11 I just outlined mainly jobs, places I'd lived etc from the last 10 years. I'm not sure if it were detailed enough though, I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

Jodie0982

Oct 23, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
Med's Request
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
19-09-2017
Jodie any updates with ur adr?
I've received my PR now, so I guess the documents I sent were fine :)
In addition to the Schedule A, Police Check and the "Details of Police Service and Government Positions" form they requested, I only had one extra page of details, which included a summary of everything I'd attached and detailed how I had answered their questions and a brief outline of where I'd lived and worked. I was originally concerned would not be enough, but obviously it was.
My government position was public service, so filing out the "Details of Police Service and Government Positions" form was the most difficult part, as it was mainly aimed at Police or Military service, but I guess with everything you send with your application, just do it as best and detailed as you can!

S

sutyfornow

I've received my PR now, so I guess the documents I sent were fine :)
In addition to the Schedule A, Police Check and the "Details of Police Service and Government Positions" form they requested, I only had one extra page of details, which included a summary of everything I'd attached and detailed how I had answered their questions and a brief outline of where I'd lived and worked. I was originally concerned would not be enough, but obviously it was.
My government position was public service, so filing out the "Details of Police Service and Government Positions" form was the most difficult part, as it was mainly aimed at Police or Military service, but I guess with everything you send with your application, just do it as best and detailed as you can!
Congratulations dear
Wht do u mean by ur work is a public work? U mean u shud have put it under employment in personal history from the first place not government?

Jodie0982

Oct 23, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
Med's Request
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
19-09-2017
Congratulations dear
Wht do u mean by ur work is a public work? U mean u shud have put it under employment in personal history from the first place not government?
I was an Elementary School Teacher employed by the State Government. So it was technically government work, just in the public service rather than Military or Police, which is what the additional forms they requested were aimed at. I was advised to put the teaching under both my general employment and Government employment by an Immigration Lawyer.

Dmcn85

Aug 5, 2017
Do they mean you to fill this in if it was working for the Canadian police/ govermemt?. I work for the government in the country I live in.... i dont see how that would matter when i start thr emigration process to move to Canada.

Jodie0982

Oct 23, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
08-08-2016
Doc's Request.
20-04-2017
AOR Received.
29-08-2016
Med's Request
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
19-09-2017
Do they mean you to fill this in if it was working for the Canadian police/ govermemt?. I work for the government in the country I live in.... i dont see how that would matter when i start thr emigration process to move to Canada.
No, The Schedule A asks "Have you held any Government Positions?". This refers to ANY COUNTRY you have worked for the Government in. I worked for the Government in my home country and because I declared this in my Schedule A they later requested additional information about it. When I applied, I had to send my Schedule A with my original application, I believe this has changed now.
It's all part of the process... it doesn't matter why they want it, if they want it you have to give it to them!

sidzsdk

Jan 23, 2018
hi.i am sponsoring my aunt for short term visit. she is a a doctor and worked for few years in a government hospitals and the ministry of public affairs in our home country and is retired now. does she need to provide anything extra aside from just disclosing that she held government position ? Needing response asap plz !

akeishadang08

Jul 29, 2018
Hi. I am just wondering? I am a police officer here in the Philippines. does this mean i have to check yes to the question did your serve in military service, security organization or police force? Does that automatically mean I am serving in the military? Would I answer yes? Thank you so much