+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Previous company got acquired by new company - 2 Ref. letters?

vishal23489

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,
I am planning to create my EE profile on this May 26th (I will complete exact 1 year on this day and will be eligible for CEC)

I am confused / worried about the experience letter though.

I am / will be employed with the same company during this time but my company got acquired by another company before couple of months and the new company issued another offer letter with the same position / salary etc.
Old company gave me ROE (Record of Employment) as well. (along with T4 - so now I have got 2 T4s)

Do I need to get 2 reference letter (1 for old company and another is for new)? Mind that nothing has been changed during this period (no change in team, HR, Policies nothing)

Kindly reply. Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need 2 reference letters. Get a reference letter from the current organization and add an LoE along with all the documents you've mentioned here.

vishal23489

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad. I will submit my recommendation on the link you provided. thanks again

Vinods

Oct 30, 2015
Hi, I have a query on similar lines. This relates to my past employers:
1. The company A i worked for got acquired by some other company B and is now known as B. Can I get the reference letter from B and in the letter ask them to state that they acquired A and get my reference letter?
2. In the second case the company A has changed their name to company B, so while asking for a reference letter from them do i ask them to mention that they changed the name of company from A to B?\

Would appreciate any thoughts on this

Please help....

Promax

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had the similar scenario..

I was working for company A from past 6 yrs and recently Company A has been acquired by Company B.

Since, my PR application is supported and sponsored by my Company A (i.e. before acquired by Company B),

1) I got reference letter from Company B in the Company B letterhead

2) In the letter, company B stated that,

"We are writing in support of Mr. XXXXXX application for permanent residence in Canada. This is to confirm that Mr. XXXX is currently employed with Company A, recently acquired by Company B, in India the position of YYYYYYYY..........................................................................................
........................Mr. XXXXXX first joined the Company A organization in India on <DATE> as a YYYYYYYYYYYY...................................................
..........................................................................."

Hope this helps...

dadbangalore

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
27-02-2017
I had a similar case. My all documents such as pay slips, offer letter , experience letter etc are of 2014 from Acquired company . Reference letter as it has been obtained recently in 2016 are from Acquirer Company. I submitted an LOE explaining the difference in names in the submitted documents for this work experience of mine along with press release of the acquisition from the acquirer companies website as supporting documents.

I am still waiting for PPR. So can't certify this approach as working however.

If you can get anything in written from acquirer company for this name difference on your documents, its best in my view either of 1 or 2 proves your claim .

Vinods

Oct 30, 2015
Promax said:
I had the similar scenario..

I was working for company A from past 6 yrs and recently Company A has been acquired by Company B.

Since, my PR application is supported and sponsored by my Company A (i.e. before acquired by Company B),

1) I got reference letter from Company B in the Company B letterhead

2) In the letter, company B stated that,

"We are writing in support of Mr. XXXXXX application for permanent residence in Canada. This is to confirm that Mr. XXXX is currently employed with Company A, recently acquired by Company B, in India the position of YYYYYYYY..........................................................................................
........................Mr. XXXXXX first joined the Company A organization in India on <DATE> as a YYYYYYYYYYYY...................................................
..........................................................................."

Hope this helps...
Thanks Promax, So in this case just a sentence in the same reference letter should help right? as in my case i'm working with a different company altogether now, neither acquired company nor the acquiring.

Promax

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vinods said:
Thanks Promax, So in this case just a sentence in the same reference letter should help right? as in my case i'm working with a different company altogether now, neither acquired company nor the acquiring.

1) For the acquired company A by company B, a sentence in the same reference letter provided by company A or B should be sufficient

2) For different companies you worked (apart from #1 case above), you need reference letters from each of your previous employers

Thanks,

blaned33

Dec 2, 2016
HI,

I also have quite similar type of query .

This relates to my past employer:

The company A i worked for got acquired by some other company B and is now known as B.(and all the employees including the owner is shifted to company B).
I can get the reference letter from company A but what position does it needs to list for the supervisor (as he has also shifted to company B) .
Does it has to say: former supervisor company A (now acquired by B)

Any suggestions

sahith1994

Sep 6, 2019
Hi iam also facing the same issue as i worked in Company A for 3 months then Company A got acquired by company B so i worked in B for next 9 months,now for my reference letter how to get it from B stating that I worked in B for 9 months and worked in company A for another 3 months,can some one provide template for it

Snowbell

Oct 13, 2019
Hi all, thanks for all the scenarios.

I was working in the USA for a company A and because my visa got expired I came back to India and in the meantime my company A got acquired by Company B. So my payroll has also changed to India. Do I need to add 2 separate experience in the express entry application and also would 1 LOE from company B suffice? Thanks so much in advance.