+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepare an interview

shkhassan

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
The questions she asked was about my JD mismatch with the education plus had concerns over my previous immigration to Canada. I judged her satisfaction and she did not conveyed the same.

Rest I don't believe in GCMS/ CAIPS etc etc notes. It's a waste of money (it's my opinion)

awesomecanada

Jan 10, 2012
I had a interview this week, which went on normal, however when i was asked for documents concerning latest job, i gave them form 16 , tax returns and appointment letter. Unfortunately i dont now how come i messed up and didnt give them the salary slips and latest referance letter with JD although i had these with me. However at the end of the interview VO told me that we will contact you in 10 to 14 days. After 2 days of my interview, my Ecas shows an added line " We started processing your application on XX XX XX13". Before this it was only showing that "we received you application on XX XX XX13".

I will really appreciate your feedback that what could be the outcome here. My interview went normal, and VO had some concerns regarding my employment which i cid clear. They also kept from me my original form 16 , tax returns ,appointment letter, PCC and 6 photos. (PCC and photos were kept at very start of the interview). Visa officer was a very sweet Indian Lady

amir82

Jun 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2011
LANDED..........
Oct 2014 Alhamdulilah
Dont worry dear, ur ECAS status is showing that u have cleared your interview and VO has started working on ur file. U will recieve MR soon. Congrats and best of luck.

sunnypandu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, mikeramma i am just wondering about the interview may i know whether they take interview for federal skilled worker for Permanent Residency applying from other country.

Regards
Sunny

awesomecanada

Jan 10, 2012
amir82 said:
Dont worry dear, ur ECAS status is showing that u have cleared your interview and VO has started working on ur file. U will recieve MR soon. Congrats and best of luck.
Thanks Amir for your support. I also suppose if it would have been negative it would have added another line of decision made with it

sharmausct

Jun 24, 2013
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
Med's Request
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 22-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Med's Done....
First on 27-01-2014, Second on 27-09-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
Passport Req..
First on 21-12-2013,Second on 16-10-2014 for daughter(due to family addition)
VISA ISSUED...
First on 06-06-2014, Second on 14-10-2014 (due to family addition)
I am planning to send my application this week. As i am doing it myself i want some advice from the persons who had already applied. Please answer soon. I know I am asking a lot, reply for any of the question is highly appreciated.
Form:schedule 3(IMM 008):
1.Row12b(work exp): I am not able to type my main duties in the space provided as it has word limit. Should I attach a separate sheet? Or can I use pen for this particular column to add remaining duties?
2.Row11:
assets: I have term-deposit which is equal to amount required by CIC.I have a property on my name.can i show my property value in this?
liabilities:I have taken mortgage so should i mention mortgage value in this?
settlement fund:this should be (assets -liabilities) or (only the term deposit fund available with me?)
Proof of settlement fund should be term-deposit copy or should i include property papers and mortgage papers too?

Form: Generic application form (IMM0008)
1.Education detail:
I have completed my B.Tech in six years but the course was of 4 years (actually I got admission in 2000 but I did not attend the college for 2 years due to some personal reasons and then I took re-admission in 2002 and completed my B.tech in 2006.So I practically I completed in 4 years only but my transcript shows that I took admission in 2000 so theoretically its 6 years).Also I have completed my M.Tech in 3 years but course was of 2 years.In my WES ECA report they have mentioned course duration 4 year for B.tech and 2 years for M.tech, even when I have provided the correct years taken by me.
So Number of years of education in total should be 12+4+2 or the actual years taken by me 12+6+3?
2.Contact information:
They have mentioned you must add either PO Box or street number for your address. As I live in India I don't have both for my address. What should I do?

Form:Schedule A (IMM569)
1.Row 7(Education):
I have completed my B.Tech in six years but the course was of 4 years. Also I have completed my M.Tech in 3 years but course was of 2 years. In my WES ECA report they have mentioned course duration 4 year for B.tech and 2 years for M.tech, even when I have provided the correct years taken by me.
What should I fill in no of years for university/college.4+2 or 6+3
If your answer is 4+2, then what to fill in full details of education, as I have to mention B.Tech form 2000-2006 and M.tech 2007-2010 in that.
2.Row 8(Personal history):
I am working from 09/2007 to present in same company. I also completed M.tech from 09/2007 to 02/2010 from in-house university of my company and for this I also have ECA report. So should I mention both in my personal history or only the work in my company?
Also space name of company/institute is not sufficient to fill full college or company name. Should I use abbreviation or should I attach separate sheet? Or can I use pen for this particular column?
3.Row 10 Government position:
In example for government position they have included civil servant,judge, police officer, security organization employee etc.I am working in a government research center as chemical engineer with scientific officer post.so should I fill this form? If yes then what should I write in level of jurisdiction (national,regional,municipal).My company comes under central government.

raojaimin

Jul 20, 2013
tcfq exam at india!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone!!!!!!!

Any one planning to give TCFQ exam for Quebec immigration than personally I prefer everyone to give DELF A1 and A2 before this exam.
It's not easy as expected especially listening which is really tough>>>>>>>>>>>.
For speaking vocabulary should be clear. Speaking exam will be conducted by 2 teachers.
Listening will be first for around 35 mnts.
Exam starting around 7.00 am in morning.
I gave my exam at bhopal,India.
Best of luck!!!!!!!!!! :)

RW

Jul 20, 2013
Hi,
Thanx for posting the questions for the interview.The two links you have given here do not open.Is there any other site?I plan to land in Canada next month.Where will this interview be taken?Is it important for me at this stage?

KUKOO

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
I am new in this forum..i had interview in feb2013...VO ask me some questions ab my job & then she took my original degree of my graduation & my spouse's also bcs she wants to verify it ,but unfortunately verification officer was not available....finally she kept my & spouse degree with her & told me we will let u know because she want to discuss my case with some experts....now i am still waiting for their response,,,can any one guess or guide ab my case. :)

arjoy

Star Member
Jul 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2013 (CAP reached)
Doc's Request.
08-11-2013 (CAP reached)
Im applying with my fiance... Can you give us some tips about question they are going to ask us?

Canadishianer

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-07-2013
Hi Team,

Like all m also an aspirant to migrate Canada for good...
I also did the filing in the month of may, already got PER couple of days ago !

Does anyone have an idea about Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP) ?

When exactly one can apply there to join the newcomers orientation program in India ?

I heard it helps a lot settling down as a new immigrant in Canada..!!!

Would highly appreciate if someone has some related re-search done on it and would not mind sharing it...

Cheers,
:) :) :)

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
I will like to say from my experience and observation.

If you think you can do some specefic jobs (IT , bank , Eng, medical etc ) then dont even think of survival jobs.

Came across few people who struggle for 1-3 month but at last they get job in there feild.
They were new to Ca and sometime they too started getting depress but they didnt do any 10-12$ job and kept there confident in themselves.

But if you are qualified eng or a MBA who never work as Eng or Manager in there previous country (in multinational or big company ) Thats mean there is some gap between qualification n experience so they might need to start from scratch.

Normally we should expect to start couple of steps below from where we left in our home country.

If u were senior Eng in own country then expect mid to junior position here. But if u were just a junior eng there then please dont expect same here waiting in plate for u.

In short we all came here to do something in life and give good future to our future generation.
So be ready for initial few years of struggle and then life long happiness.

brandyzene

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aquib said:

If you think you can do some specefic jobs (IT , bank , Eng, medical etc ) then dont even think of survival jobs.

Came across few people who struggle for 1-3 month but at last they get job in there feild.
They were new to Ca and sometime they too started getting depress but they didnt do any 10-12$ job and kept there confident in themselves.

But if you are qualified eng or a MBA who never work as Eng or Manager in there previous country (in multinational or big company ) Thats mean there is some gap between qualification n experience so they might need to start from scratch.

Normally we should expect to start couple of steps below from where we left in our home country.

If u were senior Eng in own country then expect mid to junior position here. But if u were just a junior eng there then please dont expect same here waiting in plate for u.

In short we all came here to do something in life and give good future to our future generation.
Well said.....

superman08

Jul 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-June-2013
AOR Received.
16-July-2013
File Transfer...
SA received: 23-July-2013
Med's Done....
09-May-2013
Passport Req..
No PPR yet but ECAS changed to IN PROCESS- 27-March-2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2014 (04/14/14=)
LANDED..........
Soon... =)
Aquib said:

I agree... Thanks Aquib.

ythadzz

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
lloydminster
Category........
Visa Office......
Riyad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
14-10-2013
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Waive
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
17-01-2014
All those question apply for Temporary working permit?