+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepare an interview

honney

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
mikeramma said:
Here are the best sites available on net to prepare you for an interview thats gonna change your fate...
1- http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/documents/immi/interview_S_K_class.pdf

2- http://www.ece.ualberta.ca/~jgill/C_I_I_Q/C_I_I_Q_S_K.html

Surviving the immigration interview

Category 1: About You and Your Family1. Tell us a little about yourself. / Could you tell me about yourself. Schooling / lifestyle..??
2. Give us some information about your Origin/ Family background/ Ethnicity?
3. Please describe your typical workday?
4. What do you like doing in your spare time ?
5. Where do you live?
6. Do you own a house, or do you rent? Or is it company provided?
7. (If you have children under 18) Where are your children now? Are they alone at home? (Note: In Canada, it is illegal to leave children under 12 unattended).
8. Do your parents live in the same home?
9. Do you plan to bring them to Canada if your application is approved?
10. If not, who will look after them if you move to Canada?
11. What's your current status - single/married/engaged?
12. Where does you spouse / Fiance's parents live ?
13. How long have you been married? OR When do you plan to marry?
14. What's the name and D.O.B of your spouse?
15. Have you been previously married?
16. Do you have other children not listed in this application?
17. How would you rate your English language skills? How about French? (Note: Expect to be tested on this if you claim some degree of skills).
18. Tell us where you think you are Excellent, Good, bad or Worst in
Reading Writing Speaking Listening
19. How well do your spouse and children speak English/French?
20. Have you ever been in trouble with the law? Were you ever reported/charged/arrested for any crime?
21. Do your spouse and children support your plan to move to Canada?
22. Do you have family in Canada?
23. What would you do if your immigration application is rejected? Or What is your plan if you are unsuccessful in this Interview and is not given a Landing Visa?
Category 2: Job and Qualifications
1. What is Your profession?
2. Where are you working now? Or What do you currently do?
Name Address Contact details of Employer

3. Can you give us the name of your supervisor / Person you are reporting to / Your Immediate manager?
Name Title/Designation Address & Contact details

4. What is your title?
5. What does your job involve?
6. Is this a full time or part time job?
7. How long have you worked at this company?
8. Have you had the same position since you started?
9. What jobs have you had prior to this?
10. Can you provide references?
Name Address Contact details of Previous Employer

10-b Details of Previous managers/ supervisors
Name Title/Designation Address & Contact details

11. Why you quit those jobs and why you are going to quit this current one and move to Canada?
12. Tell us about your educational background.
13. What qualifications do you have for your present job?
14. Were you trained before taking on this role?
15. How many people work in your department/company? How many work under you?
16. Who do you report to in the company? Could you give us their contact information?
17. What are you currently working on?
18. Would you say you are doing well in this company?
19. Why would you want to quit this job and head for an uncertain future in Canada?
20. Do you think you will easily find a similar job in Canada?
21. Do you think your qualifications are sufficient to help you find a job?
22. How can your current job help you get a similar job in Canada?
23. How can your current job help you to Integrate in Canadian Society?
24. Do you plan to study further in Canada?
25. Will you undergo a training/ upgrade your skills or go for an internship before taking up a job?
26. Have you had your qualifications assessed in Canada?
Category 3: Financial Position1. What is your Financial position?
2. What is your current source of Funds? Have you got any Business or just a job ?
3. How much money do you earn at your present job?
4. Do you have any other sources of income? How much do you earn from those?
5. How much money do you have in the banks?
6. Can you provide bank statements for the last 1/2/3 years?
7. What other assets do you have? Property? Stocks and bonds? Gold?
8. What are your assets worth, approximately, at today's market rates? Do you have an assessment report?
9. If your immigration application were to be approved, would you sell your assets before moving to Canada?

Category 4: What You Know About Canada
1. How much do you know about Canada?
2. What exactly have you heard about Canada?
3. What do you expect Canada to be like?
4. Who is Canada's Prime Minister?
5. What is the capital of Canada?
6. How many Canadian Provinces can you name?
7. Can you name some Canadian cities
Or Could you give me the name of 3 Canadian cities and 3 Canadian Provinces ?
8. What is the name of the premier of the province where you plan to settle?
Category 5: Immigrating to Canada1. Why do you want to leave your country?
2. Why do you want to come to Canada?
3. Are you prepared for the challenges that come with a move to a new country?
4. Why did you choose Canada? Why not Australia, New Zealand, the US or Britain? Or Is there any specific reason for choosing Canada as your residency country ?
5. Where in Canada would you like to Settle ? and Why?
6. What are your preparations for leaving your country?
a. Would you sell all of your equity/assets?
b. b. Any emotional and/or psychological preparation associated with leaving your country.
c. How do you think your spouse and kids [family] will cope with emotional and psychological stress associated with leaving their friends and relatives?
7. What do you expect Canada to be like?
8. Which city in Canada do you want to go to? Why did you decide on that city?
9. Do you have family/friends in Canada? If so, where do they live?
10. (If your intended destination is different from the one you have family in) Why did you choose City X rather than City Y if that's where you have family?
11. Will you change your mind and settle in City Y if your application is approved?
12. Will your relatives/friends assist you after you move to Canada?
13. How do you plan to connect with your relatives/friends in you live in different cities?
14. How will you support yourself and your family before you get a job?
15. How are you preparing yourself and your family for Canada?
a. Do all of your family members know English?
b. If no, how do you think they will adapt to a new culture and environment suddenly?
16. How much money do you plan to take with you to Canada?
17. How long do you think your funds will last you if you haven't found a job?
18. Have you found out about the cost of living in your intended destination?
19. Explain how you plan to find a job in Canada.
20. Will you be using the Internet for your job search? Will it be the only source for job hunt ?
21. What other means would you use to find a job?
22. There are so many job-seekers in Canada who are familiar with current industry practices. Why do you believe you can get the job ahead of them?
23. Have you been in touch with prospective employers in Canada with regard to your job search?
24. Do you know of any associations or licensing bodies related to your profession in Canada?
25. Have you attempted to contact them? If yes, what did they say? Will they Grant you Membership?
26. What do you know about your profession in Canada ?
27. What would you do if you cannot find a job in your field? Are Unable to secure Employment ?
28. Would you seek government unemployment benefits while you are unemployed?
29. Would you return to your home country if you can't find a job in your choosen Fileld?
30. Where do you see yourself five or 10 years from now?
31. Have you ever been arrested, charged or convicted of any violation of the law?
a. If yes,
i. Include felonies and misdemeanors, but not traffic violations.
ii. Provide all the details, your details include but not limited to

1. Felony 2. Sentence/fine 3. When happened 4. When was the sentence served or fine paid

25. Do you have any criminal record?

a. If yes,

i. Provide details of what the charge was, sentence served, and why you were charged.

Some tips for the prospective applicants appearing for interview.
- Carry along with you the xerox copies of the initial application filled by you.
- Carry original of all your educational certificates and job offer/contract letters mentioned in the application.
- English language test results copy.
- Passport
- You may be asked questions about your field of study.
- Your present job responsibilties and other details to ascertain you can settle down in canada under your job category.
- Before the interview date do some research about the city where there is maximum demand for your trade.
-Be cool and don't bluff. Speak the truth
thanks for sharing...it is such a big help to others

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
processing began in oct 2011
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
do they require tax documents...?

raghav

Jun 6, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK / VO-ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Interview........
Still Waiting...
Hi

That's a neat compilations of the questions for canada. However is there anyone who might have prepared a similiar kind of questionaire for the Quebec CSQ.

Kindly share them also.

thanks.

Indian4mSA

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Sandton, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
AOR Received.
21-07-2012
raghav said:
Hi

That's a neat compilations of the questions for canada. However is there anyone who might have prepared a similiar kind of questionaire for the Quebec CSQ.

Kindly share them also.

thanks.
You better look in QUEBEC related forum, i found this there :

Hi all.. just wanted to share my detailed experience with you all...

Me and my wife filled our Quebec Immigration Application on 12th Dec 2010.. from UK, England and got the interview call for 21st Aug 2011, which we postponed and then another interview request came for 16h Nov 2011.

Our Interview was in the Paris on 16th Nov 2011 at 2:30pm. We got there at 2:15pm and waited for the interviewer to call us in.

We were called in, after an hour of questions we got the CSQ.

Detailed stuff prior to the interview:

Me and my wife took 6 weeks French course from the language school, we got a certificate of them, which we inserted in our file submitted initially. Also, later on near the interview time, we took some private lessons of learning French for 2 months.. I also reckon anyone who is learning French, start with Michel Thomas learning and lessons of coffee break with French. This will really help you learning in a quick time.

We arranged for a trip to Canada – Montreal for 2 weeks in September 2011. It turned out to be a really good research trip.

We hired a self catering apartment for the duration and lived there as we were living there from a long time. We did grocery shopping, explored the city by visiting all the tourist places and also explored the neighbourhoods.

This Trip had been very benefited for our interview as we kept hold of all the receipts and the places we visited.. which later on we inserted in the file we prepared for our interview. Also, if you have stayed in Canada for at least 2 weeks you get 1 point too but most importantly it shows the interviewer you are serious and have solid plans to make that province your future home. I would strongly recommend if you can afford the time and money, please do make an effort for that visit.

Secondly, we prepared the file with the following documents..
- our detailed financial plan – stating how much money we had and what are outgoings would be.. i.e. rent, utility charges, grocery, transport, telephone.. (Interviewer didn't ask for it though.. we just prepared to give him all this.. Also we took recent bank statements but when we took it out from the file, he said I don't want to see any of your bank statements.)
- then we inserted all the job search we did.. study of the market in Montreal.. list of all the agencies or company's in Montreal.. any job offers or even any current job adverts.. we didn't had any job offers, we just took some job adverts with us. (which the interviewer was quite impressed with)
- Then we inserted our plans for learning French.. we took some leaflets from the Mcgill University (in Montreal, Quebec) and inquired for the French course, which we inserted in our prep file. Also, we took a letter from our private tutor, who stated our progress to what we had learnt so far.. i.e. phrases, tenses, colours, numbers, introduction.. very basic stuff.. (he was very impressed with this and said that's very good that you are taking pains in learning French)
- Then we inserted the knowledge we have about Quebec.. the seasons it has, the holidays, about the tax.. (Interviewer didn't see any of these though and didn't even ask anything about it.. but it's good to have..)
- Then, we inserted all the places we visited in Montreal... all the research we collected from there.. i.e. where would we get our phone contract from, where and how to get metro – fares.. (Again, the interviewer didn't see any of these.. I guess he was quite impressed with us already with our job searches.. but I would still suggest to prepare this detailed file.. it gives you such a confidence that you are prepared to answer any questions..

Detailed stuff during the interview:
Me and my wife both are a very basic French user but did prepare our answers in French.. and put quite a lot of effort in learning the phrases and a bit of vocabulary.

Our Interview was in the Paris on 16th Nov 2011 at 2:30pm. We got there at 2:15pm and waited for the interviewer to call us in.

Our Interviewer was very gentle and humble.. As we sat down, we did general French gestures and first thing the interviewer said.. I know you are a basic French user, so don't worry I will test your French learning later on in the interview.. I will talk to you in English.. (we felt very relived but still tried to answer in French where we could.. and kept on inserting little French gestures, later on the interview he never asked us anything to test our French.. I guess he didn't left with any time.. as our interview was later in the afternoon, he was in a rush to finish off with us)

Then he started confirming our names, addresses.. and asked for our passports and nationality.. asked if we had any kids.. (we answered all this in English.. )

Then he asked me about my work.. which I mentioned about where and what I work,. I showed him the appreciation letters I received from my work, which the interviewer quite liked.

Then he asked us that we have been in UK from last 10 years, now why do we want to migrate to Quebec.. what are our reasons and what adjustments did we had to make when we came over to UK.. (which I answered all in English)

And straight after this We mention to him about our visit to Montréal.. that we went there as a research visit and explored it.. and to which we showed him our flight itinerary and all the receipts and places we had visit..

He was quite impressed with our research visit though.. specially we plan it to explore the city.

Then he asked us if we know any job market in Quebec. To which, we showed him all the companies we searched within our field.. and the job adverts we saw onto those companies.

Then he asked my wife about her work, even though it wasn't calculated into any points.

Then he asked us if we have any kids.. we said not yet but are planning to have once we reach to Montreal.

In between some where in middle of asking questions.. he said don't worry I am going to give you a good news shortly.. and then carried on asking few more general questions about our plans of learning French and telling us in general about Paris and Quebec..

Then he said welcome to Quebec.. and he printed off the CSQ.. and then he told us to start collecting all our documents which were on his table (the documents which we have been taking out from our files to show him) and then he printed the other useful letters along with the CSQ, which told us the procedure of what to do next.

This whole interview process took an hour.. but questions in general would have been only 20 minutes.. it was a very relaxed interview. I would say 90% in English and 10% in French..

I would suggest.. wear smart clothes, be confident in showing any document and talk clear and honest.

Good Luck..

raghav

Jun 6, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK / VO-ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Interview........
Still Waiting...
Dear Indian4mSA,

Thanks for the post but had already seen this posting. Actually this is more relating to the specific interview though very useful and gives a lot insight into what goes in an interview and a broad structural outline. However I was looking for a more generalized type of questionas which cover every topic broadly like the ones compiled for canada.

But still thanks for your effort.

Raghav.

Indian4mSA

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Sandton, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
AOR Received.
21-07-2012
raghav said:
Dear Indian4mSA,

Thanks for the post but had already seen this posting. Actually this is more relating to the specific interview though very useful and gives a lot insight into what goes in an interview and a broad structural outline. However I was looking for a more generalized type of questionas which cover every topic broadly like the ones compiled for canada.

But still thanks for your effort.

Raghav.
hmmm..
Not a problem dear. I am preparing one anyways. I will port it here as soon as i am finished with it. no worries. we all are on the same boat :)

raghav

Jun 6, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK / VO-ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
Interview........
Still Waiting...
Indian4mSA said:
hmmm..
Not a problem dear. I am preparing one anyways. I will port it here as soon as i am finished with it. no worries. we all are on the same boat :)
Grt. Ofcourse we are in the same boat with same destination.

edwin_joshy

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
Cochin
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-APRIL-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted
AOR Received.
11-MAY-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
18-AUG-2011
Med's Request
23-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
31-DEC-2012 New born MR 08-MAR-2013
Interview........
21-JUNE-2012
Passport Req..
Medical results have been received on 29-JAN- 13
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2012
LANDED..........
00-00-2012
Hi friends

How much time it will take to issue medical request after interview (New Delhu VO)? Just finished the interview on 21st june

Seniors please share

Edwin

fahad911

Feb 11, 2012
hi everyone here,

I just wanted to know is there any scope of ERP (SAP) in Canada?
i am from Pakistan should i do training from here or from Canada ?

thanks waiting for a quick rply................

CHHOTTI

Aug 8, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/01/11
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
30/11/2010
AOR Received.
23/03/2011 & 2nd AOR - 29/04/11 dt. 19/04/11
IELTS Request
sent in original- 6
File Transfer...
04/04/2011 actual recd..by vo......e-case changed to in process 06/04/12 and line added "started processing on 03/04/12
Med's Request
26/7/2012
Interview........
By grace of god got it cleared on 13/6/12
Passport Req..
Email dt. 17/10/12 and hard copy receive 19/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
November 2012
LANDED..........
whenever the right time will come by grace of GOD - plan for March 2013
Hi Edwin and seniors,

I have cleared interview on 13/06/12 and IO said, once she will receive PCC and photos of all accompanying member, she gonna issue me Medical, I already sent the documents, which already received by Sydney VO on 3/7/12 but so far no movement.

Friends, please share your experience that how long more VO can take to issue me MR etc.

Response to my request anticipated.

Good Luck to all
Ritu

biologist2121

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2011
AOR Received.
03-01-2012
Dear Applicant,

In response to your enquiry, please be advised that your application is awaiting scheduling for an interview. We will be in contact with further information once a date and time for the interview have been scheduled.

Yours sincerely,

I have recieved above mentioned reply (12July,2012) on my email about update on my process.

Kindly advice what should i do ?
Following are my timelines.

NOC:2121
VO: LVO
Pakistani resident
Application rcvd: 05october, 2011
PER received: 03 jan, 2012
ecas status: in process since 3 jan, 2012 ( we have received yr application on 5th october, 2012)
GCMS notes applied on 30June, 2012 ( I had applied because there were no update since Jan2012)

Thanks in advance

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Hi

I want to know if the outcome/result of an interview is told after the interview, if not then how it is known and after how much time??

ss1886

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-08-2011
AOR Received.
17-02-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
12-03-2011
Med's Request
22-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
26-08-2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 04-02-2013, PPR-2 11-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2013
LANDED..........
15-09-2013
Hi
Please tell after how many days were you told the outcome of the interview and how was it told to you??

My interview was conducted a few days back and I too was not told the outcome of the interview at the end, and the interviewer said that he would make his report after a few days and that I would hear the result after sometime.

Thanks

hiparam14 said:
Dear All,

Thanks for starting this thread.

I have applied undr 3131 category in Feb 2011, and now on 19th March 2012. I have recieved a Interview call from New delhi office on 19th April 2012. I am getting tensed about what the question can be raised to me . And is this normal that they call from in person interview.

request seniors to please help me with my query.

Best regards,

Param.

Dear All,

Yesterday was my interview day at NDVO. I was at the High commission at 9 as my Interview was scheduled at 9 30 am. I was called in booth number 4 at 10 AM. Me and my wife went in and she asked both of us to take seats. i was having file in my hands, so she asked to give my entire file to her. then, She started talking to my wife in english and she told my wife that Prinicipal Applicant has given IELTS exam and his english seems to be good, are you comfortable with English. As my wife is a Dentist so she is having a good command on English and my wife replied ya she is comfortable with english.

Vo to wife: What are your qulaification?
W: I have done BDS and also Masters in Hospital Operations management.

VO: Are you currently working?
W: I was working with Hospital as a manager and as I have given birth to my Child in Feb i have quitted my job.
(We were blessed with babay boy on 29th Feb and we have sent Fees, application forms, birth certificates for my kid before my interview date).

VO to me: Have you submitted all the documents of your child to us?
Me: yes i have sent all the documents of my kid to VO that includes updated forms and fees and also notarized copies of his passports.

Vo to my wife: since, your husband is the primary applicant i need to speak to him, i request you to wait outside and i will call you if required.

VO to me: Ok , we will start with your personal details. (She was having all the forms and documents that i have submitted to them on her desk and she started with my name and my education, when did i complete my schooling and after schooling whati did and all?)
i gave her all the required answers. she was typing what al i was saying in her PC. then she asked me about my Job resposnbilites and all. how many brother sisters do i have and all? AND while SHE WAS GOING THROUGH MY FILE SHE TOOK PCC of me and my wife and kept it with them. PCC Were just 15 days old. Our conversation lasted for about 45 mins and she browsed through each page of my application and also the supporting documents.

My interview took about 45 mins and at the end she told that Is there anything that i need to tell her before she conclude the interview. I said no there aint any information . then she told me is there any question that i need to ask. so i asked her should i consider "Positive outcome of the interview". so , shje said that i need to go back and look at your application and make a conclusion and we will communicate through the same mode through which we were contacting you. (I have applied through consultant so i recieve my letters through them). Then she asked me to sign in my form at the self declaration space infront of her. and then she also signed the form in the space provided. While taking the forms back from me she told me that "your next could be MEdicals of you, your wife and your son".

I am getting tensed coz when I asked her she said that She need to go back to my application and assess it and then while taking the signed forms from me she said that you next steps could be MEDicals for you, your wife and your Kid.

Request seniors to guide me what could be the outcome of my interview.

raselsheikh

Jul 19, 2012
What are the possibilities you might be denied at Quebec immigration interview even you have greater point vs what they have asked for?