29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
Dear friends,

Those who are prejune applicants and from Singapore VO getting letter/email for updates, please join here so that we can have an idea whether it is a common issue or not. I got an email from SGVO on Dec 29, 2011 regarding my updates.

drnavmz

Dec 29, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
Doc's Request.
06-05-2010
AOR Received.
30-06-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with all docs
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
26-06-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2012
LANDED..........
Plan on next March 2013...Pray for me
Dear Deba_avik ,
I have received email from SGVO requesting updated all documents and forms and others. I paste email contents in another post\thread " all pre June 2010 Bangladeshi applicant'
Please check it and opine me soon..bye..

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
drnavmz said:
Dear Deba_avik ,
I have received email from SGVO requesting updated all documents and forms and others. I paste email contents in another post\thread " all pre June 2010 Bangladeshi applicant'
Please check it and opine me soon..bye..
Already posted there. But emphasizing this thread to know actually how many applicants have got this email

lepetit

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deba_avik said:
Dear friends,

Those who are prejune applicants and from Singapore VO getting letter/email for updates, please join here so that we can have an idea whether it is a common issue or not. I got an email from SGVO on Dec 29, 2011 regarding my updates.
My 2nd AOR is August 2010 from Singapore VO. Present status is In-Process with RBVO details inside. No update email at all. Something similar will come soon, hopefully.

As far as I can see, in update email Singapore VO requires IELTS again to all applicants. Does it mean that we have to retake IELTS and send the test result, regardless our initial test result? Or IELTS update is only optional? My initial IELTS (taken in Apr.2010) is 7.5, and my total points is supposedly above 67. So do you think I must, or I'd better, or I don't have to retake IELTS?

Do you intend to retake IELTS, deba_avik? and others who had got update emails from VO?

;D

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Re: Prejune applicants Singapore office getting email/letter for updates join he

lepetit said:
My 2nd AOR is August 2010 from Singapore VO. Present status is In-Process with RBVO details inside. No update email at all. Something similar will come soon, hopefully.

As far as I can see, in update email Singapore VO requires IELTS again to all applicants. Does it mean that we have to retake IELTS and send the test result, regardless our initial test result? Or IELTS update is only optional? My initial IELTS (taken in Apr.2010) is 7.5, and my total points is supposedly above 67. So do you think I must, or I'd better, or I don't have to retake IELTS?

Do you intend to retake IELTS, deba_avik? and others who had got update emails from VO?

;D
hi,
you don't need to retake IELTS. some applicants need to upgrade their points by language proficiency either by IELTS or French test. It's applicable for them.

Who must retake IELTS:
applicants who got basic score in IELTS and therefore VO specifically asked them to improve their IELTS score so that they can become economically established in Canada.
(this condition falls under Substituted Evaluation: ref: OP6, section 13.3, page 44)

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
lepetit said:

;D
Thanks, friend. Actually, many of the applicants are getting confused. No need to go for IELTS again, as per suggestions from experts like Qorax, Dr. Hasib, Ahsan, Munna BD. Its true in their email, they have described this factor but not exactly mandatory. Its applicable for those who have not sent or trying to upgrade their points or something else. Don't worry. I ensured 68 points before getting married. As we have been given opportunity to update (I received email), I must acquire another 4 points for my spouse's graduation. Check your email each and everyday. Hope and pray you will hear from them soon. Many many good wishes for you, buddy.
~deba_avik

Ochena

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January, 2010
Doc's Request.
March, 2010
AOR Received.
In process from 30 March, 2012
IELTS Request
with initial application
File Transfer...
March, 2010
Med's Request
25th June, 2012
Interview........
waived
I got email for updated info too.

Ochena

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January, 2010
Doc's Request.
March, 2010
AOR Received.
In process from 30 March, 2012
IELTS Request
with initial application
File Transfer...
March, 2010
Med's Request
25th June, 2012
Interview........
waived
Just after 18 months till I recieve 2nd AOR

lepetit

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr. Hasib and deba_avik, thanks a lot for your replies.
So you guess I'm safe with IELTS of 7.5, right? (I mean I don't need to retake the test?). By the way, how much is IETLS basic score?

To tell you the truth, I'm rather suspicious of the wording in update email form VO. And I guess nobody here wants to give VO a good excuse to reject our cases by misinterpreting their request. So I tried to decipher (word-by-word) the important points as follows. Everybody (especially senior members, experts) feel free to correct and comment.

Good luck!
:D :D :D :D

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Skilled Worker.

Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations require that applicants provide all information and documents required for the assessment of their applications. The selection criteria are clearly defined, and your eligibility for permanent residence as a Skilled Worker will be assessed on the basis of the documents and information you provide. The onus is on you to provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate that you meet the requirements.

You are now being given an opportunity to update your application before it is assessed by an officer. Please submit the documents and information specified below to our office by mail. You have sixty (60) days from the date of this letter to comply with this request. If the requested evidence is not received by our office within this timeframe, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file.
So technically speaking, if you truly have no update information, you don't have to resend anything, and VO will assess your case based on your full documents submitted 1 year or so before.
You will not be given a further opportunity to provide more information.

Updated Application Forms:
So the following 4 forms is a must, right?
The following forms can be completed on the CIC website:
• Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) form, completed with updated information
• Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form, completed with updated information for you and all dependants 18 years and older, with original signatures – all questions must be answered – if a question is not applicable, write “N/A” – do not leave any gaps in your personal history and address history – you must provide details from the age of 18 to the present
• Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form, completed with updated information for you and all dependants 18 years and older
• Schedule 3 Economic Classes - Federal Skilled Workers (IMM 0008) form, completed with updated information – Ensure you provide accurate occupational codes from the National Occupation Classification which most closely describe your work experience over the past ten years

Updated Identity, Status, and Civil Documents:
Provide the following documents only if there have been changes since you initially submitted your application:
"only if", so it's not mandatory, right?
• If passports have been renewed or replaced, provide a copy of the passport information page(s) for each person included on the application
• If the immigration status of you or any person included on the application has changed, provide a copy of the current visa or status document of the country where you are (lawfully) residing, as applicable
• If there have been any marriages, divorces, deaths, or births for you or any person included on the application, provide copies of civil documents as applicable – examples: marriage/divorce/death/birth certificates, child custody/adoption orders – note: to add a spouse or child to your application, you will need to pay the application fee for them

Updated Photographs:
Surely my face has been changing quite a lot due to long-time waiting's frustration, so I guess I will send the updated photos
• Updated identification photographs for you and all accompanying dependants which comply with the photo specifications available in the SW Application Guide - Appendix A

Updated Education and Experience Documents:
quite clear below, right? No additional studies or work experience, so there's no need.
If you have completed additional studies since you initially submitted your application and you would like those studies to be counted toward the award of points for education, please provide for you and your spouse (if accompanying):
• Copies of transcripts showing courses completed and grades earned
• Copies of degrees, diplomas, or certificates
If you have accumulated additional experience in one or more occupations at NOC Skill Level O, A, or B for which you would like consideration, please provide for all occupations in which you wish to be assessed:
• Original letter(s) from your employer(s) which clearly describe your job duties and responsibilities
• Copies of letter(s) of offer or employment contract(s)
• Copies of salary statements or pay stubs
• Copies of income tax returns
• If you are self-employed, copies of business registration and/or license and proof of business conducted with clients, such as orders and invoices, balance sheets, income tax returns

Proficiency in Canada's Official Languages:
If you are claiming English and/or French language skills on your application, you must provide conclusive proof of your language skills:
we're all claiming points by IELTS, right? so we must retake and resend IELTS ??? The wording here is pretty ambiguous, don't you think? VO should add some more clarification at this point. For example, if you would like to upgrade your score, etc.....? if you don't wish to, etc.....

• Submit the original reports of a language test by an approved organization (International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the test d'évaluation de français (TEF)) – test results must not be more than one year old at the time of submission
So, obviously the initial IELTS result's copy (no more original, right?) is no use now. we have to retake ?!!

Adaptability Factors:
If you or your accompanying spouse has a relative in Canada, provide:
It's unclear here too. What if I have a relative, and I had submitted all necessary documents regarding that relative, do I have to resend this time?
• Proof of your relationship to them (e.g. birth certificates showing parentage)
• Proof of their status in Canada (copy of permanent resident card, citizenship certificate, or Canadian passport)
• Proof that they are currently residing in Canada (e.g. recent utility bill, salary statement, or tax return in their name, sent to their residential address in Canada)
If your or your accompanying spouse has studied or worked in Canada, provide documents issued by the educational institution or employer which provide details, as well as copies of any work or study permits issued by Citizenship & Immigration Canada

Settlement Funds:
• Provide original financial documents (e.g. bank statements, term deposit statements) for the past 6 months showing transactions for all your accounts as proof of unencumbered funds for prospective settlement in Canada – any large deposits must have clearly documented provenance to show the funds are yours.
So submission of the most recent financial documents is a must, obviously.

Arranged Employment in Canada:
If you have been offered a job by a Canadian employer, and that employment offer has been approved by Human Resources & Skills Development Canada (HRSDC):
• Submit a copy of the Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) issued by HRSDC and a copy of the employment offer

Any additional information and documents for consideration when your application is assessed must be received by this office within sixty (60 days) from the date of this letter. If you need more time, you must advise this office immediately and provide detailed reasons. Your request will be considered, but there is no guarantee that an extension will be granted. If no further evidence is received within this timeframe, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file. This may lead to the refusal of your application.
This is the most intimidating sentence of all. Only 1 misstep or 1 insufficient document or 1 misinterpretation, and rejection letter is sure to come. I believe that VO is purposedly using this update-technique (with some vague and ambiguous instructions) to buy more time and eliminate more applicants just by catching our mistakes. So, keep vigilant, my friends!! ;)

If you wish to withdraw your application, please advise our office immediately in writing. You may be eligible for a full refund of the processing fees paid. Once we begin assessing your application, it will no longer be possible to refund the processing fees.

Yours truly,
Counsellor (Immigration)

This is a computer-generated letter which requires no signature.

MSKC

Star Member
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
Nomination.....
IP 13 April 2012
AOR Received.
26-10-2009, 17-02-2010 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
Sent with Docs
File Transfer...
07-02-2011, updated docs sent 26-01-2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issue date:11.09.2012, PP rcvd: 24.09.2012
LANDED..........
29-11-2012
Dear All,

I am also confused as Lepetit.
Exparts would you kindly check below points & let us make clear????

lepetit said:
Dr. Hasib and deba_avik, thanks a lot for your replies.
So you guess I'm safe with IELTS of 7.5, right? (I mean I don't need to retake the test?). By the way, how much is IETLS basic score?

To tell you the truth, I'm rather suspicious of the wording in update email form VO. And I guess nobody here wants to give VO a good excuse to reject our cases by misinterpreting their request. So I tried to decipher (word-by-word) the important points as follows. Everybody (especially senior members, experts) feel free to correct and comment.

Good luck!
:D :D :D :D

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Skilled Worker.

Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations require that applicants provide all information and documents required for the assessment of their applications. The selection criteria are clearly defined, and your eligibility for permanent residence as a Skilled Worker will be assessed on the basis of the documents and information you provide. The onus is on you to provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate that you meet the requirements.

You are now being given an opportunity to update your application before it is assessed by an officer. Please submit the documents and information specified below to our office by mail. You have sixty (60) days from the date of this letter to comply with this request. If the requested evidence is not received by our office within this timeframe, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file.
So technically speaking, if you truly have no update information, you don't have to resend anything, and VO will assess your case based on your full documents submitted 1 year or so before.
You will not be given a further opportunity to provide more information.

Updated Application Forms:
So the following 4 forms is a must, right?
The following forms can be completed on the CIC website:
• Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) form, completed with updated information
• Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form, completed with updated information for you and all dependants 18 years and older, with original signatures – all questions must be answered – if a question is not applicable, write “N/A” – do not leave any gaps in your personal history and address history – you must provide details from the age of 18 to the present
• Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form, completed with updated information for you and all dependants 18 years and older
• Schedule 3 Economic Classes - Federal Skilled Workers (IMM 0008) form, completed with updated information – Ensure you provide accurate occupational codes from the National Occupation Classification which most closely describe your work experience over the past ten years

Updated Identity, Status, and Civil Documents:
Provide the following documents only if there have been changes since you initially submitted your application:
"only if", so it's not mandatory, right?
• If passports have been renewed or replaced, provide a copy of the passport information page(s) for each person included on the application
• If the immigration status of you or any person included on the application has changed, provide a copy of the current visa or status document of the country where you are (lawfully) residing, as applicable
• If there have been any marriages, divorces, deaths, or births for you or any person included on the application, provide copies of civil documents as applicable – examples: marriage/divorce/death/birth certificates, child custody/adoption orders – note: to add a spouse or child to your application, you will need to pay the application fee for them

Updated Photographs:
Surely my face has been changing quite a lot due to long-time waiting's frustration, so I guess I will send the updated photos
• Updated identification photographs for you and all accompanying dependants which comply with the photo specifications available in the SW Application Guide - Appendix A

Updated Education and Experience Documents:
quite clear below, right? No additional studies or work experience, so there's no need.
If you have completed additional studies since you initially submitted your application and you would like those studies to be counted toward the award of points for education, please provide for you and your spouse (if accompanying):
• Copies of transcripts showing courses completed and grades earned
• Copies of degrees, diplomas, or certificates
If you have accumulated additional experience in one or more occupations at NOC Skill Level O, A, or B for which you would like consideration, please provide for all occupations in which you wish to be assessed:
• Original letter(s) from your employer(s) which clearly describe your job duties and responsibilities
• Copies of letter(s) of offer or employment contract(s)
• Copies of salary statements or pay stubs
• Copies of income tax returns
• If you are self-employed, copies of business registration and/or license and proof of business conducted with clients, such as orders and invoices, balance sheets, income tax returns

Proficiency in Canada's Official Languages:
If you are claiming English and/or French language skills on your application, you must provide conclusive proof of your language skills:
we're all claiming points by IELTS, right? so we must retake and resend IELTS ??? The wording here is pretty ambiguous, don't you think? VO should add some more clarification at this point. For example, if you would like to upgrade your score, etc.....? if you don't wish to, etc.....

• Submit the original reports of a language test by an approved organization (International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the test d'évaluation de français (TEF)) – test results must not be more than one year old at the time of submission
So, obviously the initial IELTS result's copy (no more original, right?) is no use now. we have to retake ?!!

Adaptability Factors:
If you or your accompanying spouse has a relative in Canada, provide:
It's unclear here too. What if I have a relative, and I had submitted all necessary documents regarding that relative, do I have to resend this time?
• Proof of your relationship to them (e.g. birth certificates showing parentage)
• Proof of their status in Canada (copy of permanent resident card, citizenship certificate, or Canadian passport)
• Proof that they are currently residing in Canada (e.g. recent utility bill, salary statement, or tax return in their name, sent to their residential address in Canada)
If your or your accompanying spouse has studied or worked in Canada, provide documents issued by the educational institution or employer which provide details, as well as copies of any work or study permits issued by Citizenship & Immigration Canada

Settlement Funds:
• Provide original financial documents (e.g. bank statements, term deposit statements) for the past 6 months showing transactions for all your accounts as proof of unencumbered funds for prospective settlement in Canada – any large deposits must have clearly documented provenance to show the funds are yours.
So submission of the most recent financial documents is a must, obviously.

Arranged Employment in Canada:
If you have been offered a job by a Canadian employer, and that employment offer has been approved by Human Resources & Skills Development Canada (HRSDC):
• Submit a copy of the Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) issued by HRSDC and a copy of the employment offer

Any additional information and documents for consideration when your application is assessed must be received by this office within sixty (60 days) from the date of this letter. If you need more time, you must advise this office immediately and provide detailed reasons. Your request will be considered, but there is no guarantee that an extension will be granted. If no further evidence is received within this timeframe, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file. This may lead to the refusal of your application.
This is the most intimidating sentence of all. Only 1 misstep or 1 insufficient document or 1 misinterpretation, and rejection letter is sure to come. I believe that VO is purposedly using this update-technique (with some vague and ambiguous instructions) to buy more time and eliminate more applicants just by catching our mistakes. So, keep vigilant, my friends!! ;)

If you wish to withdraw your application, please advise our office immediately in writing. You may be eligible for a full refund of the processing fees paid. Once we begin assessing your application, it will no longer be possible to refund the processing fees.

Yours truly,
Counsellor (Immigration)

This is a computer-generated letter which requires no signature.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
Re: Prejune applicants Singapore office getting email/letter for updates join he

Dr.Hasib said:
hi,
you don't need to retake IELTS. some applicants need to upgrade their points by language proficiency either by IELTS or French test. It's applicable for them.

Who must retake IELTS:
applicants who got basic score in IELTS and therefore VO specifically asked them to improve their IELTS score so that they can become economically established in Canada.
(this condition falls under Substituted Evaluation: ref: OP6, section 13.3, page 44)
Hasib bhai, sorry, I could not follow this post. So, you say, nothing (like expiration) can be a reason to sit for IELTS unless the VO asks you to do so. Again, if any applicant wants to up his score, he can sit.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
Dear Lepetit & MSKC,

Don't worry. As our files have been waiting for more than a year, many things can be change. This is an opportunity for all of us to update our information. My situation is also like you, Lepetit. I have got a few changes, but still it is change. I contacted with Dr. Hasib, Qorax, Ahsan and some other experts in the forum, they believe it to be a great opportunity to have the files pace.
things u need to send:
-Cover letter
- completed Application forms that were required by SGVO
- proof of settlement funds: Bank statements
- recent 6 immigration photos of urself and your spouse. on that back of 5 photos write name, date of birth and date photo taken

Things that are not needed to be sent:
- your educational/ work exp docs
- your IELTS result
-Updated Identity, Status, and Civil Documents

lepetit

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many thanks, deba_avik!
More comments from other members, please!
Thanks in advance :)

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Waiting
Hi Lepetit,

You need not to wait for other experts. So far as I know, the some popular experts in the forum like Qorax, Dr. Hasib, Ahsan, Munna_BD have got the same opinion. Don't worry further. Just go forward. My best wishes for you!

sazzadkw

Jun 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
Doc's Request.
Update Doc Requested X March 2013(18 months letter)
Nomination.....
Process started 2X March 2012
File Transfer...
Updates Police clearence request AUG 2013
Med's Request
Medical + RPRF request - XX-SEPT-2013
Med's Done....
XX sept 2013
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
XX Dec 2013
VISA ISSUED...
XX Dec 2013
LANDED..........
Travelling on March 2nd week 2014
Hello,,

One of my friend also got the same letter yesterday to update ducumnets from Singapore VO.

He belongs to 4131 code and applied May 2010 to CIC.

Thanks