+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant wife: medical examination separately or together?

pranovic

Jul 27, 2011
Hi yall:

I am the principal applicant and my wife is 6-month pregnant. We are both living in Canada now on work permit. We received the medical request on July 25th. My wife's due day is approximately October 31st, 2011.

A few questions:
(1) If we really really want to risk to go thru the X-ray, would the VO wait anyways for the new baby? In other words, would they rather do it fast before the due day or would they rather wait for the baby's delivery? If the latter is the case, there is no sense to risk in any regard.

(2) Most likely, to protect the baby, we will postpone the X-ray until the delivery. Since the baby will be born in Canada and granted Canadian citizenship. Do we have to include him in the applications and pay additional fees? Or do we simply update the family information and do the medical for both the wife and the baby?

(3) Should I do the exam now separately or should we do the exam after the delivery together? I saw some ppl claiming that the principal medical results matters more.

Thank you for your time. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!

USH1B

Star Member
Jul 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jan 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Sept 24, 2010
IELTS Request
Jan 15, 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 20, 2010
Med's Request
Nov 15, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 30, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 12, 2011/Aug 23, 2011 after adding new born baby
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 1, 2011
LANDED..........
Sept 21, 2011
Hi pranovic,

Since you are already in Canada, I am not sure how rules apply in your case. You are required to do your medicals usually within 120 days of the medical notice date or as specified in the medical request letter. You are required to inform the visa office if there is going to be a change in your family before you complete your landing. Since your wife's due date is just about 90 days, it is better you consult your wife's Ob-gyn if it is okay to do the x-ray using abdomen shield. I did my wife's medical using abdomen shield in the 7th week of pregnancy.

you may send an email to VO and take their advise or send a PM to qorax who seems to have loads of ideas.

Best of luck

USH1B