+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant while waiting for PR

marta cocchi

Oct 31, 2013
Hi, I applied for Permanent Resident in October 2015 from inside Canada. I live in BC with my commow law partner who is sponsoring me.
By June 2016 I had done my medical test and my sponsor had been approved, then I haven't heard anything else from CIC regarding my PR.
I did get a work permit and MSP coverage, but I haven't been called for the PR interview yet.

My partner and I are trying to start a family and I might be pregnant now.
Shall I contact the government or wait to be called for the PR interview? I am at high risk of miscarriage due to my age and previous loss and complications so I don't know how long is customary to wait before I inform CIC, if I have to inform them at all.

Thank you!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
there is no reason to contact cic about plans for getting pregnant. it will not speed up your processing, get your interview scheduled sooner or have impact on your application. the only reason you would need to contact cic about a pregnancy is when the baby is actually born.

marta cocchi

Oct 31, 2013
Thank you. In my PR application I stated I would keep CIC informed of any change to my status. Can you please confirm you are 100% sure I don't need to let them know if I get pregnant?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
marta cocchi said:
Thank you. In my PR application I stated I would keep CIC informed of any change to my status. Can you please confirm you are 100% sure I don't need to let them know if I get pregnant?
You don't have to until the baby is born.