waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2011
LANDED..........
28-05-2011
annabruce said:
Thanks everybody, but you definately didn't tell me what I wanted to hear. Now I am worried. I sure hope her pregnancy isn't complicated. We have already made an appointment to discuss all of this with a midwife.

I am curious about one thing: for all of you who insist that there is a three month wait, was your status in Canada explicit or implied?
I am outland applicant living here on visitor status, so I can't answer this question.
But I would go to service ontario office with all the documents and letters she has to prove her residency here and ask them directly, what date is the date they will use to start her waiting period...

lovely20

Mar 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 12, 2010
asurania said:
you can get away with the 3 month wait if you move to alberta... there is no wait there, how praticle it is to move to alberta beats me

That's not true. If you are moving from withing Canada, meaning from another province, there is a waiting period. Here's an excerpt from the Alberta Health website:

Moving to Alberta from another province or territory?

You are eligible for AHCIP coverage on the first day of the third month following your date of arrival. You should register before the first day of the fourth month after you arrive. If you apply later, the effective date of your coverage will be determined when you register.

It's different if you are moving to Alberta from another country:

Moving to and from Canada?

If you are permanently moving from Alberta to another country you can arrange for AHCIP coverage for up to three months from the date of your departure.

If you are moving or returning to Alberta from outside Canada, you may be eligible for coverage on the date of your arrival. To ensure coverage, you must register within three months of arrival. Newcomers to Canada are required to present a copy of their Canada entry document. Please contact us for more information if you or your dependants hold temporary immigration documents.