+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant-Can I apply under Exp.CLass

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I'm planning to apply under Exp.Class program in May but I'm pregnant and my due date is June 15.
Does it make any difference in my case?Can I still apply even if I'll be on maternity starting from middle of June?
Please help!

Thanks!

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
It's better if you wait for 2 more months and once your child born ..apply it..
Baby will be already Canadian Citizen..so would get some plus point in your application :)

Best wishes,

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Omshri!

Thanks
:)

I was just thinking that they might refuse my application because after my baby borns I won't be able to work, I'll go on parental and our family income will be lower so they might find it that we are not able to support ourselves.

I'm not sure which option would be the best: Applying before the baby (still working) or applying after the baby (parental leave)?

Please help!

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
Islington said:
Hi Omshri!

Thanks
:)

I was just thinking that they might refuse my application because after my baby borns I won't be able to work, I'll go on parental and our family income will be lower so they might find it that we are not able to support ourselves.

I'm not sure which option would be the best: Applying before the baby (still working) or applying after the baby (parental leave)?

Please help!
If you are temporary resident in Canada (under work permit) can you have maternity leave? still they pay you?
I always had this question in my mind :)

Mari

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mari,

Yes I can go on maternity as I've been working since 2009 and paid EI. You just have to proove that your are working legally!(copy of your work permit).

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
Well, which category are you applying for? Is it CEC, if it is that probably you don't have to worry about having a job at your time of landing provided if you have $1000-12000 in your account as savings or the money you could use. Apart from that I don't see a problem because you have one year experience if you graduated or even two years if you wanna take CEC-skilled worker stream.

But yeah as someone above mentioned you get extra points because you will have a Canadian baby! Your case is pretty striaght forward:).

Islington

Jan 18, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Umairz,

I'm applying under Exprerience Class as I'v been working since 2009 and my husband has been working since 2008.
I'm just worried because I thought the immigration doesn't want to give landed papers to people who does not work at the time of the application.That's the reason I was thinking of applying before the baby so I can say that I'm currently employed but I hope you are right and it would be better to wait and apply after the baby comes...I just want to do the best thing as I do not want to go back, we are having a wonderful time in Canada...

Thanks for all information!

mari1981

Dec 9, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
April 2016
Islington said:
Hi Mari,

Yes I can go on maternity as I've been working since 2009 and paid EI. You just have to proove that your are working legally!(copy of your work permit).

Thanks for the answer.

Good luck and wish you and your baby all the best :)

Mari