+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnant but under TRV

solanah

Oct 2, 2007
I just want to ask about the situation of my friend who is a Caregiver here in Canada.She gets pregnant when she had her vacation on the Philippines.What are the consequences for this matter?is it ok if she will deliver the baby here?what will be the status of the baby??or she can go back to the Philippines until the baby will be born,then come back here.Please help???

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
She is covered under Provincial Health Plan for all medical expenses,Why would you want your child to be born in the Philippines,Where you have to pay?Whats wrong with Free??She wants to Pay???Doesnt She want her Child to be born a Canadian Citizen,So that the Child can travel the world visa free and get all of Canada s benefits,Why punish the child with a Philippine Passport???I dont understand since the answer is so obvious

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the question is what happens to her employment situation. If she is not able to continue working, I would think she would qualify for EI maternity leave since she has paid into the system. She would however have to find a place to live or what? Because she can not stay in the employers house as a live-in caregiver while she is not able to do her job? After having the baby, can you be a live-in caregiver with a baby?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Ok,I get it,sorry,Many caregivers bring their babies back to the Philippines to be taken care of by their extended family AFTER they give birth in Canada,But because the child is Canadian,The caregiver s baby is eligible for so many benefits when they are reunited