+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy & Spousal sponsor

Ibtissam

Jun 19, 2008
Hello, Salam alaikum

I am wondering, does pregnancy make any difference in the speed/ process of which spousal applications are processed? I am currently pregnant and visiting my husband, we have not yet informed CIC of the pregnancy - should we tell them now, or just not bother? Do you think it would change anything, positively or negatively? The visa office we are going through is Rabat.

Thank you!

Ibtissam

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ibtissam said:
Hello, Salam alaikum

I am wondering, does pregnancy make any difference in the speed/ process of which spousal applications are processed? I am currently pregnant and visiting my husband, we have not yet informed CIC of the pregnancy - should we tell them now, or just not bother? Do you think it would change anything, positively or negatively? The visa office we are going through is Rabat.

Thank you!

Ibtissam
No, it only delays the application when the applicant is pregnant, as the x-ray in the medical usually is deferred. It will not speed up the application.

PMM

Ibtissam

Jun 19, 2008
Thanks for your response! Actually I'm the sponsor, my husband is the applicant, I'm in Morocco visiting him there. Do you think that would make a difference?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ibtissam said:
Thanks for your response! Actually I'm the sponsor, my husband is the applicant, I'm in Morocco visiting him there. Do you think that would make a difference?
Nope

PMM

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
Congratulations. Not even a month after my wife moved here to Canada we found out (on her birthday) that she is pregnant.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
I would just let them know! :) write a letter and send ultra sound proof or something. It can support your application but not speed it up.

I had my baby already and still waiting :) They don't care :)