Pregnancy Post ITA

xyris87

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello people,

My wife and I have received our ITAs (May 4th draw), and are planning to have a baby. I had some queries around this and was hoping if you could help. Assuming that it takes 5-6 months from AOR to receive the PR - i.e. Nov/Dec:

1. At what time of the pregnancy should CIC be informed?

2. We are planning to land sometime in March. If the baby is born in India, then I guess we need to update our application and include the baby as well. Can this be done even after receiving the PR or should a fresh application be made? How long does it take for the baby's PR to be processed? I am asking this because we'll have to land sometime before May 2018 and activate our PR cards and the mother and baby need to be in traveling condition.

3. I am assuming that as PR holders if the baby is born in Canada, he/she is a Canadian citizen by default. I also see that the first three months of medical care will have to be borne by us. But are there any immigration problems when traveling with a pregnant wife? I noticed that some people on the forum are being asked far too many questions during immigration if they are pregnant.

4. What sort of docs should be prepared in the event of pregnancy? Birth Certificate, Baby Passport, etc.

5. Do PR holders receive child care benefits in Canada? If so, what are these?

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
1. At what time of the pregnancy should CIC be informed?

If the baby is not born at the time you receive PPR and subsequent COPR then they will not need to be informed. (As long as she can travel to complete her landing process to become a PR in Canada). If the it's too late to travel inform CIC and get passport after the baby is born so she/he can be added to your application and you can all land and become PRs together.

2. We are planning to land sometime in March. If the baby is born in India, then I guess we need to update our application and include the baby as well. Can this be done even after receiving the PR or should a fresh application be made? How long does it take for the baby's PR to be processed? I am asking this because we'll have to land sometime before May 2018 and activate our PR cards and the mother and baby need to be in traveling condition.

Answered above.

3. I am assuming that as PR holders if the baby is born in Canada, he/she is a Canadian citizen by default. I also see that the first three months of medical care will have to be borne by us. But are there any immigration problems when traveling with a pregnant wife? I noticed that some people on the forum are being asked far too many questions during immigration if they are pregnant.

The baby automatically becomes a Canadian Citizen if your wife gives birth in Canada. (As long as she can travel (less than 7-8 months pregnant) you will be fine because you are after all PRs doing your landing process.

4. What sort of docs should be prepared in the event of pregnancy? Birth Certificate, Baby Passport, etc.

CIC will tell you exactly what they need when you inform them of the baby's birth and wanting to add the child to your PR application. Birth certificate and a passport are a must.

5. Do PR holders receive child care benefits in Canada? If so, what are these?

Yes you receive the same child benefits as citizens do. They can be viewed here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-money-child.asp

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!