+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre2008 applicant, waiting for PPR

honest child

Apr 23, 2013
I am one of pre 2008 applicant, and received MR on July 2012 and paid PRF.
It has been already 8 months since my family and I took medical exam.
Now I've been waiting for PPR, however am very very worried and have a bad feeling that we might be terminated because of the decision that CIC made for pre2008 applicants.
The reason why I think this way is our ECAS which used to be it showed the word "IN PROCESS", but it is disappeared now.It is blank and does not say anything about medical received or nothing at all.
Is there anyone who has the same situation?
Do we still have a hope? or should not expect PPR?
We applied Manila in 2006.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Have you sent a email to them or CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) on website ?

honest child said:
Now I've been waiting for PPR, however am very very worried and have a bad feeling that we might be terminated because of the decision that CIC made for pre2008 applicants.
The reason why I think this way is our ECAS which used to be it showed the word "IN PROCESS", but it is disappeared now.It is blank and does not say anything about medical received or nothing at all.

honest child

Apr 23, 2013
I've actually sent inquirer to Manila office asking about E-CAS status which has been disappeared.
They replied but not answering about E-CAS , but instead, they sent me information of what is going on pre2008 applicants that they treat me like we must know about the situation.
I was surprised when I read it, then I resent them a message and explained that we received MR last Summer and paid PRF, so that I believe our case is a bit different from the others that our file has been chosen as one of 20000 selected ones. I received their reply again which they used exactly the same words like they did not read our message or did not check our file number, feel like I got auto repy from them. I just don't know if our case is really safe or not.

hamid22

Star Member
Oct 1, 2007
Dear honest child,

I am in the same boat however, you have got MR but I am still waiting for MR as my SELDEC is 1 which means I am one of those lucky 20000 selected ones. it is really vague that whether CIC will process the files of these 20000 or not. my e-case was in process since 2007 till Feb 2013 than changed to blank like you than after March 7th it is not accessible. I sent many e-mails to CHC ISB but none of them replied. I also have a bad feeling and worried.

Best,

honest child

Apr 23, 2013
Dear hamid22,

Thank you for your comment. By the way, how did you know that you are selected out of 20000 applicants? Did you receive any letter form embassy? For me, I am just guessing because we've received MR. Well, if you have anything to prove that you are chosen as a safe applicant, please be confident that you will receive MR soon. Waiting for long without any clue makes us so stress, does't it...

solomonokene

Jan 26, 2011
Warri, Delta State, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2006
AOR Received.
05-07-2006
honest child said:
Dear honest child,

Will CAIPS be clear enough to inform the applicant of the true state of the case file? I am a Pre Feb. 2006 backlog applicant (Precisely April, 2006). I received AOR after submission, but nothing ever since. Accra, Ghana as my VO. My case was in process showing my name, date of receipt of the case, when they started processing & address, until October, 2012 when my online ECAS changed to "Decision Made". From December, 2012 - February, 2013 it became completely blank. From February, 2013 till date, case resurfaced in ECAS with my name & address only showing. No indication of "In Process", No indication of "When Case was received" & No indication of "When they started processing the case". I was informed by one of our colleagues that those whose case are still blank are terminated by the law, but those who can access their case as mentioned above have the chance of getting their case finalised.

In a nutshell, I think your case will be processed to a conclusive end if this works.

GNPLC

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/01/2015
solomonokene said:
Dear honest child,

Will CAIPS be clear enough to inform the applicant of the true state of the case file? I am a Pre Feb. 2006 backlog applicant (Precisely April, 2006). I received AOR after submission, but nothing ever since. Accra, Ghana as my VO. My case was in process showing my name, date of receipt of the case, when they started processing & address, until October, 2012 when my online ECAS changed to "Decision Made". From December, 2012 - February, 2013 it became completely blank. From February, 2013 till date, case resurfaced in ECAS with my name & address only showing. No indication of "In Process", No indication of "When Case was received" & No indication of "When they started processing the case". I was informed by one of our colleagues that those whose case are still blank are terminated by the law, but those who can access their case as mentioned above have the chance of getting their case finalised.

In a nutshell, I think your case will be processed to a conclusive end if this works.
OK

msaleemb

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
I am an applicant of April 2004. I did medicals in October 2011 and did remedial (only chest x-rays) in November 2013. The London office has received my medical report but they are waiting for my spouse's re4slut for last 5 months. I sent them an email last week and received following reply.
Thank you for your message. We are still waiting for an update from the Medical Section. We will be in contact with further instructions very shortly.
I also received the following reply from London office on October r2012.
Please note that the letters requesting you to undergo repeat chest x-ray will be sent to you by our medical section very soon. The results for the background checks have been received which are satisfactory, this means that we will be ready to issue your permanent residence visas as soon as your new medical results have been assessed and updated in our system.

berries

Jan 1, 2013
hello everyone, my FSW was filed in July 2005, then in Feb 2012 i received a letter from the CIC Manila Embassy giving me the initiative for PNP in Saskatchewan, which had a deadline to submit the application for nomination not later than July 2012. I was able to submit on time and received an acknowledgement and application number from SINP Saskatchewan. Then yesterday i tried to access my file number in FSW but it is no longer there. I do not know if I am part of the selected 20,000 files or also part of the terminated applications. Please share your opinions. Thank you.

HORNBILL

Apr 30, 2012
honest child said:

After these all MR submission did you see your CAIPS? if there is change than others then it means something different.

Sonal213

Aug 26, 2013
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
honest child said:
dear honest child,
i'm also applicant of 2007 and since then, my ecas is in process......i have also done medical but has already expired and paid rprf fee too.........but in may 2013 , my file no. changed from B to E .....
as suggested by the forum members, i applied for GCMS and i got 36 pages report in which my due date is now May 2014....
i've started a thread pre-2008 application, fortunately got renewed ...let's shrare our happenings out there to make a conclusion.......
sonal