+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre Feb 2008 applicants

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
vaisanil said:
I had applied in Nov 2005 and got file number in Feb 2006, later Dec 2009 received a letter from CIC for requesting my interest in processing my case, i had shown my interest for processing my file but later till date no other letter nor instructions are received from CIC. My online status shows under process. Please advice if anyone is in my row...
Hi, have you try to write to CIC to follow up or thru ur agency (if you have any)?

nom018

Star Member
May 22, 2010
msaleemb said:
Dear Friends,
I am an applicant of 2004 and did medicals in October 2011. I sent an email to London office on July 3, 2012 and received following reply on July 4.
Dear Applicant,
In response to your email, please note that your file is currently undergoing routine background checks. Whilst we appreciate that your medical examination results are due to expire on 13-10-2012, we are currently unable to advise when the checks will be completed.
Please note that no further action is required from you at this stage. We will contact you as soon as the results of the background checks have been received.
Yours faithfully,
RIH
Program Assistant

I am sending them email every month and every time I receive the same reply.
I am also a 2004 applicant. Just like you, I had my medicals done last Jan. 2012 and until now waiting for PPR. I think sending them an email every month won't do any good. As what they've said "no further action is required from you at this stage." just wait and pray for a positive development.

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
vaisanil said:
I had applied in Nov 2005 and got file number in Feb 2006, later Dec 2009 received a letter from CIC for requesting my interest in processing my case, i had shown my interest for processing my file but later till date no other letter nor instructions are received from CIC. My online status shows under process. Please advice if anyone is in my row...
Hi vaisanil, the same scenario but I did not receive any letter of intent. I got. File number May 2007.

mississaugans

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
To wait for CAIPS NOTES would be a torture because most people could receive bad news or keep false hopes while waiting... I think these two links explain everything...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob442.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-qa.asp

To my understanding all those who meet (those who have passed the selection criteria (67 points awarded) will be processed until final decision... this is my humble opinion and those are the approximately 20.000 cases that are safe from this decision...

Good Luck Everyone !!!

annel

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Sout Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2007
AOR Received.
27-12-2007
this is an email i've received from my attorney. I'm December 2007 applicant.

The legislation that allows the government to terminate your application has now become law. However, the government has agreed to not destroy files or initiate the refund of processing fees for 90 days. Within the next 90 days (probably in September) we will have our first day in Court. We will be asking the Court to certify our cases as a Class Action. If we are successful at that stage then we would expect another Court date, before the end of this year, at which time we would likely have our opportunity to argue the reasons why we feel the Court should strike down the part of the law that would allow the government to terminate your application and request that the Court order the government to continue processing your application

emsky1973

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hi Annel, I've guessed it will apply to all Pre 2008 applicants then. Hope we win the case.

annel said:

The legislation that allows the government to terminate your application has now become law. However, the government has agreed to not destroy files or initiate the refund of processing fees for 90 days. Within the next 90 days (probably in September) we will have our first day in Court. We will be asking the Court to certify our cases as a Class Action. If we are successful at that stage then we would expect another Court date, before the end of this year, at which time we would likely have our opportunity to argue the reasons why we feel the Court should strike down the part of the law that would allow the government to terminate your application and request that the Court order the government to continue processing your application

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emsky1973 said:
Hi Annel, I've guessed it will apply to all Pre 2008 applicants then. Hope we win the case.
right...if they succeed (fingers crossed) to have the case certified as a class suit, then it will apply to all pre- Feb 2008 applications...
i hope that the decision of the fed court in the 900 litigants become a precedent to any and all cases they will be filing now, hence, the argument will be similar due to similarities in circumstances..

mississaugans

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
annel said:

Annel : Could you please share with us about the stage of your application? In Process with Medicals Done, or waiting for Medicals or ...

Thanks in andvance and Good Luck to all....

erdavid

Star Member
Jul 3, 2012
let us all keep informed of the developments. I assume there's a group that handle this. I guess what we can do for now is wait then.

optimisticperson65

May 2, 2012
Senior forum member,
I would like to say that after judgement of 900 applicants. what about others? CIC will process other
applicants file? Please comments and reply.
Thanks.

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
hI optimistic, the future of 900 litigants will be known in the end of this month. wait wait wait

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hi,Good to have this thread set aside for Pre Feb 2008.I am 2004 and have received update twice October 2010 and Feb 2011.paper screening called PSDEC 1 and Selection decision called SELDEC 0 is awaiting review by an officer based on caipsnotes and a 71point was awarded.

Another note observed is that my Ecas was modified to May 9th and now June 12,am hopeful based on the operational bulletin published.

For those that have done medicals ,wishing you the best and those like me waiting ,the Lord will finish what the has started and for those who are yet to receive update or instruction,I pray goodnews locate you very soon by his grace.

Ig

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
igbehinadara said:
Hi,Good to have this thread set aside for Pre Feb 2008.I am 2004 and have received update twice October 2010 and Feb 2011.paper screening called PSDEC 1 and Selection decision called SELDEC 0 is awaiting review by an officer based on caipsnotes and a 71point was awarded.

Another note observed is that my Ecas was modified to May 9th and now June 12,am hopeful based on the operational bulletin published.

For those that have done medicals ,wishing you the best and those like me waiting ,the Lord will finish what the has started and for those who are yet to receive update or instruction,I pray goodnews locate you very soon by his grace.

Ig
Hi, how old/recent is your Caips