+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival proof of fund reduced after visa

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Dear Seniors
I read that the proof of funds should be shown at the airport upon landing.

What if I have withdrawn money only to pay my flight and tuition fee for a year out of the balance in that letter or statement? Will that be a problem

Do I need to get updated bank statement again.... Do I have to inform CIC again... I have just got my visa.

Pls advise.
Thank you

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Dear Seniors

What if I have withdrawn money only to pay my flight and tuition fee for a year out of the balance in that letter or statement? Will that be a problem

Do I need to get updated bank statement again.... Do I have to inform CIC again... I have just got my visa.

Pls advise.
Thank you
Hi

You dont need to inform CIC. Just make sure statement is not more than 6 months old. If so you can use same

Good Luck

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Dear Seniors

Pls advise.
Thank you
Hello!

When I landed, I have everything with me (loi, loa, verification of enrollment, gic, tuition receipt). However, CBSA only looked at the letter of introduction. CBSA asked if it was my first time in Canada, what school and program, a little chitchat about me. Then he informed me that I could bring my family with me and that a lot of students do that. Then he printed my SP and instructed me to get my SIN at Service Canada beside him before I leave the airport.

Would you be able to fund again your bank account?

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Hello!

When I landed, I have everything with me (loi, loa, verification of enrollment, gic, tuition receipt). However, CBSA only looked at the letter of introduction. CBSA asked if it was my first time in Canada, what school and program, a little chitchat about me. Then he informed me that I could bring my family with me and that a lot of students do that. Then he printed my SP and instructed me to get my SIN at Service Canada beside him before I leave the airport.

Would you be able to fund again your bank account?
I guess I will remove funds pay one year or six month fees... And show those as proof. Take a new statement also. So then the authority won't have issue. I will only use that fund for Canada.

Now you mentioned something new. Verification of enrollment !! Where does one get that from and when.. OMG... Pls advise

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I guess I will remove funds pay one year or six month fees... And show those as proof. Take a new statement also. So then the authority won't have issue. I will only use that fund for Canada.

Now you mentioned something new. Verification of enrollment !! Where does one get that from and when.. OMG... Pls advise
Not sure about other colleges, mate, but Durham College issues verification of enrollment when a student has paid at least a semester. DC issues two verification: program enrollment and semester enrollment. The semester enrollment is issued only when a student has already registered for a particular semester.

You may check with your college, I’m sure they may have something similar.

When do you plan to arrive?