+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre Arrival letter received before Biometrics and Medical exam has been taken in PR application outside Canada

steven@gomes

Aug 18, 2023
My little brother was added as a dependent child when My Father claimed asylum in Canada back in 2018. She recently got her PR and my brother's application was sent to high commission office of Singapore for his PR. A mail recently came containing his UCI number and application number with a Pre Arrival letter which had his UCI number. But the fact is he was not told to give any medical or biometrics by the immigration office. Generally the pre-arrival letters are given to those who have completed all the steps including medical exam and biometrics. Why did they give the letter before taking medical exam and biometrics in PR processing as dependent child. Can any one please tell me about this information? Will the medical exam be taken soon or should we take steps ourselves like inform IRCC to take medical or something like that. Any information regarding this would be really helpful to us. Thank you in advance.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
My little brother was added as a dependent child when My Father claimed asylum in Canada back in 2018. She recently got her PR and my brother's application was sent to high commission office of Singapore for his PR. A mail recently came containing his UCI number and application number with a Pre Arrival letter which had his UCI number. But the fact is he was not told to give any medical or biometrics by the immigration office. Generally the pre-arrival letters are given to those who have completed all the steps including medical exam and biometrics. Why did they give the letter before taking medical exam and biometrics in PR processing as dependent child. Can any one please tell me about this information? Will the medical exam be taken soon or should we take steps ourselves like inform IRCC to take medical or something like that. Any information regarding this would be really helpful to us. Thank you in advance.
This is just my opinion. PAL doesn’t mean anything. A process without any logic on how it is triggered. It is supposed to be sent out to outland applicants. However, inland applicants are receiving them as well. Not all inland, but a number of us received them. Which doesn’t make any sense at all considering we already “arrived” in Canada. Personally, I would remove PAL in the immigration equation.

Again, just my opinion.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
IRCC works in mysterious ways. As @rcincanada2019 said, the PAL doesn't really mean anything as far as timeline goes for the app being processed. You can't do an upfront medical on a PR app, you will have to wait for them to request that and also the BIL.