+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre arrival email for dependent child

RockyStar1985

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My timeline for child sponsorship is as below.

Application submitted - Nov 2020 (both parents are PR since 2018).
Type of application - Paper, Inland (baby is with us in Canada on eTA)
AOR - Feb 2021
Medical request - Feb 2022
Medical updated - Feb 2022
Pre arrival Email - Feb 2022.

Can anyone advise what will be the next step? Will the application go to London VO (that's our visa office).
Asking so that I can manage the medical health insurance (rather than taking full year, I will take 6 months).

Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone,

My timeline for child sponsorship is as below.

Application submitted - Nov 2020 (both parents are PR since 2018).
Type of application - Paper, Inland (baby is with us in Canada on eTA)
AOR - Feb 2021
Medical request - Feb 2022
Medical updated - Feb 2022
Pre arrival Email - Feb 2022.

Can anyone advise what will be the next step? Will the application go to London VO (that's our visa office).
Asking so that I can manage the medical health insurance (rather than taking full year, I will take 6 months).

Thanks.
Wow, been fairly long for you. From pre-arrival to DM/PPR/virtual landing should be a matter of weeks, not months - but that's an informed guess not a guarantee.

I'd also suggest contacting MP's office. Yours has not gone quickly.

Reactions: RockyStar1985

RockyStar1985

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Wow, been fairly long for you. From pre-arrival to DM/PPR/virtual landing should be a matter of weeks, not months - but that's an informed guess not a guarantee.

I'd also suggest contacting MP's office. Yours has not gone quickly.
Thanks armoured for the response. Crossing my fingers to get this over the line soon.

Reached out to our MP last year and got the standard response that everything is delayed because of Covid and they can't do anything.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks armoured for the response. Crossing my fingers to get this over the line soon.

Reached out to our MP last year and got the standard response that everything is delayed because of Covid and they can't do anything.
Try again. Yours is now well over one year which should be unusual for dependent children (eg security checks and criminality checks not an issue).

Still pre-approval is a good sign

Reactions: RockyStar1985