+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR without a reference letter

Liam88

Mar 27, 2015
Hoping someone has some input or advice on this situation... Applied for BC PNP under federal skilled trades class eligibility in July 2015. Received and accepted nomination in January 2016. Now I have discovered the 2 jobs that I claimed points for under CRS and made me eligible for FSTP program in the first place went out of business in 2013.

I have payslips, and insolvency notices for both companies but absolutely nothing else. Former supervisors and colleagues aren't an option for affidavits either.

I did however become eligible for CEC in February 2016 but I am under the impression that since I was not eligible for CEC at the time i applied for BC PNP in July 2015 the VO will consider my PNP nomination invalid since I do not have the evidence to support my FSTP eligibility. Thoughts? I am more worried about being accused of misrepresentation with a 5 year ban than of a straight refusal for missing documents.

Should I submit and hope for the best or decline ITA, withdraw PNP nomination and just start over again under CEC category?

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi can I ask what your CRS is? The thing is even under CEC you still need to submit an employee reference letter to satisfy IRCC requirements. Even if you can't get your former supervisor/boss to sign a letter, can you get one signed by a former colleague?

If yes your payslips, T4s' etc could be used to re-enforce a letter signed by a former colleague.

At the worst I suppose you can submit a notarized self-declaration and payslips, T4s to re-enforce the Notarized self-declaration.

Liam88

Mar 27, 2015
CRS is 1004. Both employers were in Australia so trying to get anything is a major obstacle. Have had no luck in trying to contact former employees of those companies either.