+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR will expire, I have not fullfilled the residence requirements. Can I still attempt to come to Canada?

Sherenk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
Hi

I have got PR but did not fulfill the residency requirements (of staying for 2 years till PR expiry). I have a year and 3 months left of expiry of PR. Can I attempt to come to Canada? What would be process then in order to renew PR? Will that even be possible? Do I need to get in touch with an immigration lawyer?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

I have got PR but did not fulfill the residency requirements (of staying for 2 years till PR expiry). I have a year and 3 months left of expiry of PR. Can I attempt to come to Canada? What would be process then in order to renew PR? Will that even be possible? Do I need to get in touch with an immigration lawyer?

Thanks!
There is no PR expiry only PR card expiry. The 5 year calculation for residency is based on your landing date and not the expiry of your PR card. Yes you can attempt to resettle in Canada but you risk being reported for not meeting your RO so if you want to settle move as soon as possible.

Sherenk

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
There is no PR expiry only PR card expiry. The 5 year calculation for residency is based on your landing date and not the expiry of your PR card. Yes you can attempt to resettle in Canada but you risk being reported for not meeting your RO so if you want to settle move as soon as possible.
Thanks! How probable is this risk? What happens after we are reported?