11-06-2009
Med's Request
21-04-2010
Med's Done....
14-05-2010
Passport Req..
10-12-2010
Hello!

I've just received my 120 day letter and the only thing that's worrying me is my marital status.

I'm currently separated going through a divorce and one of the documents required is a 'Separation Certificate'. Does anyone know if, perhaps, a copy of the application for divorce, a letter from my lawyer explaining the situation and a promise to send the Divorce Decree (when I receive it) would do?

Many thanks,

Tim.

ladysuz

May 27, 2009
Hi, Tim -

It sounds like we're in exactly the same stages of separation/divorce. I plan to send on my separation agreement since there's no such thing as a separation certificate in Maryland. If my divorce isn't final by the end of the 120 days, my husband will remain listed on my application as a family member who is not emigrating with me.

From what I understand, if your marital status changes while your application is in process, you should write to let CIC know and include a copy of the divorce decree.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Gidipatiya

Apr 20, 2015
Hi all,

My situation is somewhat similar. I applied through express entry and I did not include my husband in the application (just mentioned his details as non accompanying) since I had already filed the case when I was applying. I don't have a divorce certificate at the moment since the case is still processing. I have already submitted the copies of my case proceedings and an affidavit from my lawyer. I have filed the case requesting the full custody of my daughter as well. Will that be enough for me to get PR? I'm waiting for the next court date which is 02nd of December this year, where I hope I will be able to get the final verdict. Till then I have submitted the mentioned documents.

Please help me with your suggestions.

Jatir Nana

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 23, 2015
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
September 24, 2015 OINP
AOR Received.
February 25, 2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
CPC Ottawa
Med's Request
Upfront : July 28, 2016
Med's Done....
August 7, 2016
Interview........
NO (Security and Background Complete Jan 13, 2017)
Passport Req..
February 11, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hey

Did you get any update yet ..Please share.