+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR visa activation

tinik

Jan 11, 2010
Hi there,

I hope that some of you can maybe give us advice!

My boyfriend and I finally got our PR visa for Quebec last December (2009). We need to activate the visa by May 2010 (my passport expires in May 2010 ...). We are planning on going to Montreal in February to activate our visa. We don't want to move there yet ... we want to save some more money and prepare everything properly.

Our problem now is that we don't really know which steps we might have to complete when we go to Montreal in February. Will everything be taken care of at the airport or do you have to go to any other offices?

I have already searched the internet and there seems to be so little information on the visa activation process (especially if you plan to move to Canada at a later time).

Can anyone please give us a hint? We would be so greatful!

Thank you very much in advance,

Christine

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

To "land" in Canada, at Montreal airport ( in your words " to activate your visa"):
Very simple. Just go straight to the arrival Customs counter, show your documents, answer their questions and after that go to the Immigration Section, where you will be interviewed briefly by the Immigration Officer and review your documents. ( Passport and CPR). On completion of their formalities, go to the baggage arrival area, to collect your baggage and come out. Now you are officially landed. You will get your PR card by mail within 4-6 weeks at your given address.

tinik

Jan 11, 2010
Hi Wilson,

Thank you so much for your reply! ;D Sounds simple ... so there are no other formalities that need to be completed while we are there ... looks like it at least! I'm glad!

Again, thank you very much,

Christine

hardwick63

Nov 2, 2009
Hi Christine, how did it go? We have our PR visas and are hopefully going for a visit to activate visas in September 2010. Did you take proof of funds with you, if so how? Did you complete a list of items you will be bringing to Canada now and later? How do you account for what you are bringing, is it an inventory like Clothes, tools, paintings etc. Hope you can help shed some light for me. Thanks Colin